We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Never ending notifications when zone is opened  (Read 1080 times)

Offline victorb17

Never ending notifications when zone is opened
« on: November 15, 2014, 12:06:47 pm »
I have the NX-8/584 connected to vera.  It seems to be connected correctly because vera knows when a zone is opened / closed, and will bypass or unbypass a zone according to what I select on the vera webpage.

My problem is if I bypass every zone then I essentially have no alarm.  If I keep the zones as "armed" then every time a zone (door) is opened I will get a text notification.  Also for as long a the door is opened I will continue to get notifications. 

If I uncheck the 'send a text message to my phone' option in vera phone settings, then I don't get the notifications. However I also obviously don't get other notifications that I do want to get.

I have read similar problems that seem to be related to vera lua restarting.  After watching, I don't believe this is my problem (I am still relatively new to vera though).

When I look at the device logs for each zone it says:

Login
-
trigger

it will continue this cycle as long as the zone is opened.

Am I missing something simple here?

Thanks!

Offline futzle

• Master Member
Re: Never ending notifications when zone is opened
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 05:59:05 pm »
I used to recommend that owners of the Caddx alarm turn on the 0x3F (toggle bypass) command when configuring the NX-584 or NX-8E. If you've done that, then changing a zone's arm/bypass status in Vera affects the bypass status in the alarm system too.

Now I recommend that you leave this setting off. If you do that, then the bypass status of a zone in the alarm system and the arm/bypass status of the matching sensor in Vera are unrelated. You can bypass the sensor in Vera to shut the notifications up but your alarm system will still function as expected.

I don't have a lot of control over how Vera does zone notifications. The plugin just uses the standard sensor devices for zones, so those devices get all the standard Vera behaviours, not all of which I happen to think are a good idea.

Offline HansW

Re: Never ending notifications when zone is opened
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 09:28:12 am »
I have experienced the same issue after upgrading to UI7 and solved it by putting a combination switch in between. The alarm sets the combination switch and the scene is triggered upon the switch changing state.