Author Topic: Using Nest motion sensors inside Vera scenes  (Read 1913 times)

Offline RoChess

• Sr. Newbie
Using Nest motion sensors inside Vera scenes
« on: November 15, 2014, 03:28:14 pm »
Perhaps it is due to using UI7 (v1.7.439), but I could not figure out a way to (ab)use the Nest motion sensor to activate Vera scenes.

Does this work on UI5, or is this something that is not even supported?

I am about add a ton of Z-Wave motion sensors, but if I can repurpose four Nest Protectors that will be added, including the Nest Thermostat, I can save on five Z-Wave sensors.

Offline watou

Re: Using Nest motion sensors inside Vera scenes
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 07:58:21 pm »
I am pretty sure that there is nothing available in either the official or unofficial ways of accessing Nest telemetry that shows motion detection. The only thing even remotely close is when you are in auto-away mode and come home, but the plugin doesn't know if it was a manual switch to home. So no.  No difference between UI5 and UI7 on that.  Sorry!

watou

Offline bsteimel

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 02:58:40 pm »
Anybody see any updates to this.  I see that IFTTT has a feature that if the Nest thermostat detects motion you can do an action.  I like and it's not a basic action.  I have not looked through the advanced items, if that's possible

I think i'm going to try and set the nest to send me a message if the status changes to "Home" when i'm in the modes away or vacation.  This might do the trick we will see if i get a message and then i can have it set off alarms etc
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 03:07:43 pm by bsteimel »

Offline jarkle

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 08:37:00 pm »
Anybody see any updates to this.  I see that IFTTT has a feature that if the Nest thermostat detects motion you can do an action.  I like and it's not a basic action.  I have not looked through the advanced items, if that's possible

I think i'm going to try and set the nest to send me a message if the status changes to "Home" when i'm in the modes away or vacation.  This might do the trick we will see if i get a message and then i can have it set off alarms etc
Were you able to get this to work?