We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: UI7 Can't Clear Alerts in Dashboard  (Read 11942 times)

Offline hmspain

Re: UI7 Can't Clear Alerts in Dashboard
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2015, 04:57:23 pm »
Dumb answer, but I didn't see it mentioned; have you tried setting "CommFailure" to "0",  do a "Poll", then "Configure", backup a screen, then "Save", then login to the web site again (at least those are my steps).  The error goes away for me.

I found that most of my newer messages are actually coming from the aeon 4-in-1.  So I tried these steps.  They clear the error on the device but the dashboard still displays all the alert messages.  There is apparently no way to clear these alerts.  Which in essence makes them useless because the only option is to learn to always ignore the stack of alerts.   I guess nobody at mios read the fable of the boy who cried wolf :)

Hmmmm; I have a ton of the 4-in-1s but no alert hassles.  I'm running UI7.  I did modify the std MCV 4-in-1 file by hand to add all the parameters changing the polling interval, turning off the sensors I didn't need, etc.  My 4-in-1s are used for motion only.

I guess the only value of this posting is to document that using UI7 with 4-in-1s setup for motion detection only, will work.
VeraPlus, Nest Cameras (6), Siren, Hue Bulbs/Strips/Blooms (65), Fan Dimmer (6), Aeon 4-in-1s (10), Water Sensors (3), Z-Wave Switches (20), Nest Smoke/CO Protects (5), Ecobee 3, HEM Gen2s (2)

Offline desperado

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2015, 06:11:50 pm »
I switched my 4-in-1 to plugged in with a usb cable and it seems to be responding better now.   4 hours with no complaint.

hmspain do you plug your 1in1's in (calling it 1in1 because you disabled 3 out of 4 :) )

I really want the 4in1 for humidity reading and motion.  The Temperature is 5 degrees off for some reason but my ZXT-120 is very accurate with temp in the same room so no worries there.  I have no idea about the light reading because it is just an arbitrary number I have no standard to go on.

Offline hologram

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2015, 08:32:19 am »
I have been in contact with support about this, and their responses have in no way indicated that this is a known bug.....
Good thing I finally found this thread, now I can point them towards this thread and tell them to get this sorted...

Not really interested in doing anything manually as it should be a simple thing to fix for the development team....

And indeed it does make the dropdown alert view unusable due to the "Wolf, wolf!" factor.....

Offline GoPSULions

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2015, 01:03:57 pm »
I also have the issue with seeing the Alerts listed on Dashboard, but not under the Alerts pages, so no way to delete.  I purchased a used Edge, and these were on their when I received it.  All are listed as "approximately 2 months ago" and I've had unit for 1 week.   I have no Z-Wave devices installed yet, just interfacing to my Envisalink 3 to my alarm system.

Offline RexBeckett

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2015, 01:26:09 pm »
I also have the issue with seeing the Alerts listed on Dashboard, but not under the Alerts pages, so no way to delete.  I purchased a used Edge, and these were on their when I received it.  All are listed as "approximately 2 months ago" and I've had unit for 1 week.   I have no Z-Wave devices installed yet, just interfacing to my Envisalink 3 to my alarm system.

Did you try this solution?

Offline GoPSULions

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2015, 08:38:04 pm »
That did it.  Ran it and rebooted.

Thanks