Author Topic: UI7 My Shortcuts only shows dimmer modules  (Read 8688 times)

Offline HansE

• Sr. Newbie
UI7 My Shortcuts only shows dimmer modules
« on: November 17, 2014, 02:25:38 am »
in UI7, the My Shortcuts only shows the number of dimmer modules that are on/off. None of the lights/fans attached to the regular on/off switches show up here. My dimmers are Linear WD500z-1s and the switches are Linear WS15Z-1. How to fix this?

Offline Raladic

Re: UI7 My Shortcuts only shows dimmer modules
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 01:55:29 pm »
I'm seeing something similar.

For me I only see my GE outdoor module in the my shortcuts but not my Aeon Smart Energy switches.

I also don't have any idea how to add or remove something from the My Shortcuts, it doesn't serve any useful purpose right now other than taking up space on the Dashboard.

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 07:41:10 pm »
I am seeing similar behavior.  Specifically, if I look at my "devices by type":
1) My "Dimmable Switches" are included in the "lights" shortcut
2) My one "Outdoor Switch" is included
3) My On/Off switches (which are lights) are NOT included.

I also don't have any idea how to add or remove something from the My Shortcuts, it doesn't serve any useful purpose right now other than taking up space on the Dashboard.

The shortcuts are an interesting concept but I agree it may need some customization.  From what I can tell, this is how it works:

1) It looks like MCA determined certain devices / services to have a "short cut action."  For locks its "lock/unlock".  For lights it's "turn on/turn off".

2) Further, MCA determined that the devices are to have a default state.  For lights, it's "off".  For locks, it's "locked."

So, as long as at least one of your decvices is not in its "default state" the shortcut will tell you how many devices are not in that state, and allow you to put them ALL into the default state with one click.

For example, if you have 20 lights...and 8 of them are on, the shortcut indicates "8 lights on", and the single action to turn them all off.

NOTE, if all of your lights are already off, the short-cut action changes to "Turn all on"...which makes sense.

The short-cut is in a way a dynamic, built in scene.

Favorites, on the other hand are pointers to individual devices.

For what it's worth (at least for locks and lights), I think the shortcut implementation is "OK," but it would be nice to have the option for the user to configure what actions are the "shortcut default", and what device state is the default.

Finally, to contribute to the original post...all of my lights and dimmers are represented in the short-cut for the lights.  It may have to do with exactly what device / service your lights are using.  All of my devices are the standard uPnP Binary Light or DimmableSwitch.  If your lights are detected as some other custom device, that could be the issue.

Edit:  I take that back...like others, all of my dimmer switches are included, but the only binary light included is my GE outdoor binary switch.  My other binary switch lights are not included.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 10:06:56 am by JoeyD »

Offline patsonrt1

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 02:45:55 pm »
Hello,

I am still confused. I have a Linear brand dimmer switch that shows in the shortcut but not any of my other 5 Linear on/off switches. All the switches show as the standard uPnP binary but I have no idea how to trouble shoot this further.

Thanks or any help.

Offline patsonrt1

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 11:46:32 am »
Ok, i did some more research on the forums here and it would seem that because the switches are classified as "appliance switches" with simply on/off functions they are not included as "lights". I guess the reasoning would be that you may not want to shut off an "appliance" with your lights.

Is there a way to change the switch classification to make it work with the "all lights on/off" shortcut?

Thanks!

Offline shadytaco

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 12:35:30 pm »
Any update on this.
I just received WS15Z-1 and can not find the device entity in Vera Edge UI to add them....

Help please?

Offline goltoof

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 01:04:17 pm »
Digging this up, I'm having the same issue.

My on/off switches do not appear in the list of my "Lights" only my dimmables turn off from dashboard shortcut

As patsonrt1 asked above:  Is there a way to change the switch classification to make it work with the "all lights on/off" shortcut

Offline jayfacc

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 05:37:44 pm »
Same here only Linear dimmers show up and not the linear on/off switch. Anyone found a way to also include on/off? Possibly through changing the included device type manually through ssh??? I'm not sure which files it's using for the script.

Offline Slartibartfast

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 11:54:25 am »
Hi,

I had the same problem in that only dimmers showed. I contacted support who linked in and fixed my system. The description of his fix is.

--------------------------------------------------------
I?m glad to hear that it?s ok now. I had to change the subcategory variable to number 3. For some reason they had been detected with subcategory 0. So, change the subcategory, click outside the box, to save the changes, reload the engine, and hit refresh on the browser.

Let me know if I?m too technical.
I have reported this and it should be resolved in a future update.
--------------------------------------------------------

I have more devices the same to add and i will have to do the same mod to each as i add.

My devices are:
TBK single and double paddle switches and dimmers plus Swiid inline.

Hope this helps

Devon UK 240V 50Hz
Now on Homeseer

Offline cyborgltd

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 06:04:54 pm »
I tried this fix and it did not work. I even went to the LUUP category page and tried to set the category and sub-category to the table and still only showing the dimming switch. The are both GE/Jasco switches.

Offline kyle.dawson

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2016, 12:06:28 am »
I was able to get mine to work.

1) Update all my switches to subcategory variable to number 1, 2 or 3, based on type. 0 is invalid.(Move out of box to have values updated on each update)
2) reload the engine (This not sure how to do this in UI7). I kept making changes to other settings on Unit, it finally worked.
     ** Worse case, you can reboot device
Again, give it a few minutes, it does not happen right away. For min in 10 min I went from 4 devices to 23. 

For complete list of all categories and sub categories, go here
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Device_Categories

My setup:
Vere Plus UI7
GE/Jasco switches
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 12:34:27 am by kyle.dawson »
VeraPlus UI7(1), Sonos(3), GE Switch(18), GE Dimmer(1), GE Zwave Outlet(2),Aeon Labs Z-Wave Smart Energy Switch(1) , MimoLight Garage Door(1), MimoLight  Door Bell(1), Foscam Camera(6), Enerwave Z-wave PIR Sensor(1), Aeon Labs Z-Wave Multi-Sensor(3), Fibaro Motion(2), Honeywell Thermostat(2)

Offline Lachette

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 12:15:40 pm »
Changing subcategory worked for me in UI7.

For those not knowing where to reload the engine, in UI7 left side go to Settings > Z-wave settings > go to the advanced tab. there should be a button at the bottom that says reload engine.