We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Nest not creating devices when first installing and entering username and pw  (Read 1765 times)

Offline chrisgreene11

Hello,

Can anybody help me with this? I am on UI6 and cannot get any devices to be created after first entering my username and password in to the app.

I do get a notice at the top of the GUI that the username and password needs to be entered, however if i go in to the app configuration, i can see the information is already there.

Thanks in advance.

Offline watou

Hello,

Can anybody help me with this? I am on UI6 and cannot get any devices to be created after first entering my username and password in to the app.

I do get a notice at the top of the GUI that the username and password needs to be entered, however if i go in to the app configuration, i can see the information is already there.

Thanks in advance.
I know that certain characters in the password can be a problem, but I've not yet gotten to the bottom of that one. Is it possible to change your password? Also, I know nothing about UI6, and at present, UI5 is known good, FWIW.

watou

Offline 93732

I've noticed that the plugin has problems with passwords or usernames that contain characters like "!#$%^&*()".  I am assuming the plugin uses URL encoding to contact the nest website.  I used http://www.asciitohex.com to convert my password into URL encoding.  Then enter that string into the Username or Password box and the plugin should work just fine. 

Offline chrisgreene11

Have checked my password, and all standard characters, so the URL encoding is the same.

The only thing i get when entering the details on the new device is the 'N' symbol turns from black to green with a yellow tint, but no other devices are created.

Confirmed that the Vera can ping a DNS addresses and all internet access is working too.

Does anybody know the location of any debug logs that may help?

Offline watou

Have checked my password, and all standard characters, so the URL encoding is the same.

The only thing i get when entering the details on the new device is the 'N' symbol turns from black to green with a yellow tint, but no other devices are created.

Confirmed that the Vera can ping a DNS addresses and all internet access is working too.

Does anybody know the location of any debug logs that may help?

The "n" turning green indicates that login was successful, but no idea why the devices aren't being created.   Sometimes you have to press "Reload" on the dashboard, and then refresh your browser, but usually it will at least show some "empty" devices before you do this.  Sorry if this is obvious, but make sure that when you login to nest.com, you see all the thermostats and Protects that you would expect to see in Vera.

If you can ssh into your Vera, edit the file /etc/cmh/cmh.conf and make sure log level 35 is enabled:

Code: [Select]
LogLevels = 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,35,50

Restart Luup, and then look at the file /var/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log to see if there are any debug messages logged for the plugin that might shed light on the issue.

watou