Author Topic: Help! Linear Iris GD00Z Garage Door Controller Shows Open but Door is Closed?  (Read 11815 times)

Offline Ostrichsak

My 2 cents.
I have several GD00Z's installed in -10F temps and they all are working as best as Vera let's them. Ver sees them as a light in UI7 so they are not programmed correctly to start with.

So you've had sustained below zero temps too but w/o incident so I guess we can rule temperature out.  My UI7 sees my two GD00Z's as a ON/OFF switch instead of a light but the icon is a garage as it should be.  When I first installed them they showed as a light at first but then the next day they were garage doors that showed red closed door when closed and grayed out open door when open.  Recently for no apparent reason the icons switched current stat images though and when the door is red/closed they're actually opened and grayed out/open for closed.  Not sure what the deal is but I guess I'm going to have to contact the Micasa team again to try to get this solved.  Could have something to do with my status changes all the time too but I don't know.

Online Jamr

• 007 Systems
My 2 cents.
I have several GD00Z's installed in -10F temps and they all are working as best as Vera let's them. Ver sees them as a light in UI7 so they are not programmed correctly to start with.

So you've had sustained below zero temps too but w/o incident so I guess we can rule temperature out.  My UI7 sees my two GD00Z's as a ON/OFF switch instead of a light but the icon is a garage as it should be.  When I first installed them they showed as a light at first but then the next day they were garage doors that showed red closed door when closed and grayed out open door when open.  Recently for no apparent reason the icons switched current stat images though and when the door is red/closed they're actually opened and grayed out/open for closed.  Not sure what the deal is but I guess I'm going to have to contact the Micasa team again to try to get this solved.  Could have something to do with my status changes all the time too but I don't know.

I upgraded from UI5 to UI7 so that may be the problem for the light icons. I plan to start again from scratch very soon with UI7 so I will be able to try adding it again.
We have -10F temps at night. Usually to 30'sF during day. But I have had none of the problems you previously described.
Good luck.

Offline Ostrichsak

My 2 cents.

I upgraded from UI5 to UI7 so that may be the problem for the light icons. I plan to start again from scratch very soon with UI7 so I will be able to try adding it again.
We have -10F temps at night. Usually to 30'sF during day. But I have had none of the problems you previously described.
Good luck.

Approximately how far would you say your controller is from your openers?

Online Jamr

• 007 Systems
My 2 cents.

Good luck.

My personal UI7 unit is aproximately 35 feet going through 3 wood framed walls and the usual garage metal like cars and metal shelving.
I have installed them up to 150 feet away from the controller with other Z-Wave devices in between.

Offline Ostrichsak

My 2 cents.

Good luck.

My personal UI7 unit is aproximately 35 feet going through 3 wood framed walls and the usual garage metal like cars and metal shelving.
I have installed them up to 150 feet away from the controller with other Z-Wave devices in between.

That's probably similar to mine. I have Z-Wave devices between but none meet the criteria for repeating the GD00Z's signal which is secure & hard-wired. I guess deadbolts don't work because they're secure but battery powered.

Offline rstrouse

For me the far garage  distance is about 100ft through 3 wood frame walls and 1 floor.  The antenna mod was really a good one.  I bought 4 different antennas and picked the one that made the biggest difference.  Almost all my devices are direct.
1xVera3 1.7.619, 4xLinear WT00Z, 3xLinear WS15Z, 1xLeviton VRCZ4, 10xCooper RF9540, 1xLeviton VRFI10, 1xLeviton VP00R, 2xLinear GD00Z-4, 1xGE/Jasco 45612, 1xGE/Jasco 45610,  4xGE/Jasco 45605, 2xYale YRD220-ZW-619, 1xCaddx NX584, Autelis Intellitouch Pool Control, OpenSprinkler

Offline Ostrichsak

For me the far garage  distance is about 100ft through 3 wood frame walls and 1 floor.  The antenna mod was really a good one.  I bought 4 different antennas and picked the one that made the biggest difference.  Almost all my devices are direct.

I don't think reception is my issue but I do have a more central place in my house (closer to where the garage is located) that I'm going to move it to to see if that corrects the issue.  I was bummed to find out that not all Z-Wave devices can repeat all Z-Wave signals to the controller.  I get that if you are trying to repeat a secure device it has to be repeated by another secure device but the fact that it has to be hardwired instead of battery powered throws a real wrench in my plans.

Offline Ray-T

Ostrichsak,

Have you solved your problem?  I've just installed two GD00Z's and am seeing the same spurious false "open" reports as you had been seeing.  Very disturbing when you're away from home. 

My Vera Lite has the latest UI7 firmware (1.7.569) and temps are in the 70-80's.  My Vera Lite is ~50ft away with several wallas in between but I've not yet had a chance to move it closer.

-Ray

Offline KenJ

I've just installed two GD00Z's and am seeing the same spurious false "open" reports as you had been seeing.  Very disturbing when you're away from home. 

My Vera Lite has the latest UI7 firmware (1.7.569) and temps are in the 70-80's.  My Vera Lite is ~50ft away with several wallas in between but I've not yet had a chance to move it closer.

With the latest firmware on my Vera Lite, I have also seen one or two spurious reports of open. It's hasn't happened recently though. Similar temps and distances.

Offline Ray-T

Well I was finally able to move my Vera Lite a bit closer and have not seen any spurious "open" reports today. Hopefully that "fixes" it but it seems that a momentary lack of connection shouldn't lead to a change in status, it should inhibit a change in status.

-Ray

Offline mustangthz

I too have the problems with false open reports.

Offline Jddiver

Anyone figure this out yet? I installed a while ago, but have been getting false alerts all along. It was occasionally, but now is constant. Hoping someone has figured it out already.

Offline KenJ

Anyone figure this out yet? I installed a while ago, but have been getting false alerts all along. It was occasionally, but now is constant. Hoping someone has figured it out already.

No - My GD00Z worked perfectly when I installed it last year. At some point one of the UI 7 updates broke it, right around the time they added it as a named device. I've even gone as far as factory resetting my VeraLite and adding any other sensor. The GD00Z excludes and includes just fine - both when I hold the Veralite on batteries near the GD00Z and a few rooms away running on the power cube. Now it gets into some security hangup or refuses to connect at all.

Offline KenJ

Re: Help! Linear Iris GD00Z Garage Door Controller Shows Open but Door is Closed?
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2015, 10:20:01 am »
Now it gets into some security hangup or refuses to connect at all.

As I posted in the Upgrade forum, I finally was able pair with my GD00Z. Apparently there have been some changes to the Sigma chip firmware in the VeraLite that enforce the security protocols much more strictly than in the past. When I brought the GD00Z into the house and placed it next to the VeraLite, I was able t successfully pair it. Interestingly enough, I had the same issue with my Kwikset door locks. A long Ethernet cable let me bring the VeraLite close enough to the doors to pair those.

Offline 3rdStng

I realize this is an old thread, but this is the exact issue I'm having. One Iris garage controller has been solid. My second one has always given me trouble. I've factory reset it and even replaced it entirely. Constantly says it is open even though it is not. Vera Plus controller with the latest GA firmware. Any one find a solution to this?