Author Topic: aeotec hem2 setup issues  (Read 1111 times)

Offline 5546doug

aeotec hem2 setup issues
« on: November 19, 2014, 12:44:31 pm »
Just set up the home energy meter on ver3 ui5 now and what I see is in the pic
three nodes made line 1 line 2 total maybe?
why is this a generic device and where are the readings?

can you offer me any help

Offline 5546doug

Re: aeotec hem2 setup issues
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 08:05:34 am »
have it solved mostly look under post "aeon labs energy moniter"  in "Power Management"
the salve clamps at this point only show KWH and not Watts guess I need to set some peramiter yet
also any one got volts and amps to show?
I am using the 2 clamp us model ver # 3,3,67,1,17

Offline helraiser

Re: aeotec hem2 setup issues
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 11:36:36 am »
I've got mine only reporting the KWH and Watts. I don't need the V and am not sure if I ever got the Amp draw - one can probably calculate this based on the watt anyway.

I set the following variables:

101 - 2
102 - 1

With these variables, I'm only getting reports on the HEM itself  and not on the clamps. The variables are for group 1 (101) and group 2 (102). There's a third group, 103 but I don't report V or A or anything else. The reason why you'd have the different group is so you can also determine how often each group reports. I believe my group 2 reports the KWH and I've got it updating less frequently than my group 1 which reports Watts - every 5s.

The HEM gets its info from the 2x clamps so I didn't have a reason for the clamps to report individually as well. There's a PDF that shows the variables you want to set and how to calculate what values they should be - it involves some converting between binary and decimal.

So I don't interfere with your current setup, you can try setting up group 3 to report your V and A from the HEM using the following:

103 - 12
113 - X (where X is the reporting interval in seconds)

Check out the attached PDF for more info on how to get the values.