Author Topic: WOL with Ping Sensor  (Read 62456 times)

Offline fabstar81

Re: WOL with Ping Sensor
« Reply #195 on: August 14, 2017, 03:12:15 am »
Just modify and submit here. Drop the file so that at least everyone can test it. The person maintaining the plug-in should add it then...

Offline wilme2

« Reply #196 on: January 02, 2018, 12:24:36 pm »
I use this plug-in on my Vera3/UI5 without issue, but I have been unable to get it to work on VeraSecure/UI7.  It installs and configures OK, but the target computers never wake.  These are the same ones that my Vera3 wakes fine and all settings appear to be the same.  Does anyone have this working on a VeraSecure?
Long Live UI5!  (OK finally made the switch to UI7 in January 2018, and am pretty happy....)

Offline wilme2

« Reply #197 on: January 02, 2018, 01:19:33 pm »
I use this plug-in on my Vera3/UI5 without issue, but I have been unable to get it to work on VeraSecure/UI7.  It installs and configures OK, but the target computers never wake.  These are the same ones that my Vera3 wakes fine and all settings appear to be the same.  Does anyone have this working on a VeraSecure?

Puttyed into Vera3 and issued the WOL OS command - works.
Puttyed into VeraSecure and got "-ash: wol: not found".

Ah ha! - WOL does not exist on the VeraSecure, or not in the expected path anyway.  Looking at options...
Long Live UI5!  (OK finally made the switch to UI7 in January 2018, and am pretty happy....)

Offline wilme2

« Reply #198 on: January 02, 2018, 02:00:25 pm »
Puttyed into Vera3 and issued the WOL OS command - works.
Puttyed into VeraSecure and got "-ash: wol: not found".

Ah ha! - WOL does not exist on the VeraSecure, or not in the expected path anyway.  Looking at options...

I confirmed by searching my VeraSecure file structure with WinSCP that the core WOL OS files are not installed.  I don't really know how to add the OpenWRT WOL package to a Vera - I assume that is what needs to be done??

Offline wilme2

« Reply #199 on: January 02, 2018, 02:51:40 pm »
I confirmed by searching my VeraSecure file structure with WinSCP that the core WOL OS files are not installed.  I don't really know how to add the OpenWRT WOL package to a Vera - I assume that is what needs to be done??

OK, I got it figured out.  Just log in as root and issue the command
Code: [Select]
opkg install "wol"
 then reboot, and this plug-in works on my VeraSecure.  Not really an issue with the plug-in, but the OS, and a simple fix for those comfortable with making a very minor Vera OS change...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 02:56:06 pm by wilme2 »

Offline fabstar81

« Reply #200 on: January 02, 2018, 03:32:33 pm »
How about issuing an incident to vera about lacking the WOL package?

Offline wilme2

« Reply #201 on: January 03, 2018, 09:54:04 am »
How about issuing an incident to vera about lacking the WOL package?
I did file a ticket before I figured it out.  When they respond I will ask them about including it for all users.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline bdparker

« Reply #202 on: January 03, 2018, 10:34:47 am »
It should be possible to issue the opk install command as part of the plugin setup.

Offline FiveNines

« Reply #203 on: January 20, 2018, 11:39:57 pm »
wol is installed in my new VeraPLus (Version 1.7.3501). Able to create two WOL devices ? QNAP TS-251 NAS and HP laptop Windows 10 Pro. Both work perfect. In Windows, I had to disable ?Only allow magic packet??

Offline LibraSun

« Reply #204 on: March 07, 2018, 11:21:26 am »
I'm in the process of converting my old WOL workflow to this plug-in on Vera Plus (UI7), which seems very promising. (Let's not talk about the 3+ hours I spent researching, updating and configuring my HP Laptop running Windows 10 to accept Wake-On-LAN commands!)

I notice that the "device" created by this plug-in appears in Vera Mobile app, but it lacks an ON or OFF buttons. (NOTE: It is fully configured and appears as expected in the Vera web interface.) Accordingly, I can't use the mobile app for Control, and I'm loath to create a Scene just for the purpose of issuing those commands.

Any suggestions on how to coax the ON / OFF buttons to appear in Vera Mobile? (Not a deal-breaker, just curious at this point.)

Thanks! - Libra

Vera Model I running UI4 (Firmware 1.1.1338), died in 2015
Vera Plus running UI7 (Firmware 1.7.2935)

Offline wilme2

« Reply #205 on: March 07, 2018, 12:23:48 pm »

Any suggestions on how to coax the ON / OFF buttons to appear in Vera Mobile? (Not a deal-breaker, just curious at this point.)

Vera Mobile doesn't support most plug-in devices.  Even my DSC Alarm panel is not supported, and that is a widely used plug-in.

I would get a different mobile app.  Even Vera Control employees bad mouth their mobile apps...

Offline Rompabear

iPhone presence detection using WOLPlusPing unreliable
« Reply #206 on: June 20, 2018, 08:09:46 am »
Your plugin is great for all my AV devices but is proving problematic at detecting if I am home by pinging my iPhone. I have given my iPhone a fixed IP but the iphone's "deep sleep mode" turns off wifi giving a false "Not Home" indication.  Apparently it is possible to wake an iPhone from this deep sleep according to this thread
https://www.reddit.com/r/homeautomation/comments/3zhl2z/i_think_i_finally_figured_out_iphone_wifi/

Would it be difficult to modify your plugin to send this wakeup as part of its ping?