Author Topic: Plugin: DeusExMachinaII (Deus Ex Machina for UI7 and beyond)  (Read 1368 times)

Offline bobgor

Re: Plugin: DeusExMachinaII (Deus Ex Machina for UI7 and beyond)
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2018, 03:50:35 pm »
Does DEMII provide any guarantee that there will be at least one light on between startup and when it begins shutting down?
I think not, but just want to check my understanding.

Thanks.

Offline rigpapa

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2018, 08:37:34 am »
Does DEMII provide any guarantee that there will be at least one light on between startup and when it begins shutting down?
I think not, but just want to check my understanding.

Thanks.
When it starts up and does its first random cycle, if all controlled lights are off, the only thing it can do is turn something on, so in the most general sense of your question, yes, unless the active period is shorter than the cycle delay, at least one will be turned on.

Does it guarantee that one light is on throughout the entire active period? No. It's 100% random, so there always exists the possibility that it could turn off every light it has turned on at some point during the cycling period. But the odds go down, the more devices there are.
Author of Reactor, DelayLight, SiteSensor, Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3 sandbox.

Offline bobgor

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2018, 10:50:04 am »
Makes sense, thanks.

Offline nutshellml

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2018, 10:53:41 pm »
Tried to update to the beta, exactly as described, but doesn't update.  I unchecked restart, I manually reloaded and refreshed and still shows 2.7. 

Offline rigpapa

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2018, 08:53:45 am »
Tried to update to the beta, exactly as described, but doesn't update.  I unchecked restart, I manually reloaded and refreshed and still shows 2.7.

When I made the beta package, I neglected to change the version number in the code (hate when I do that). So the beta will show 2.7 when installed.

At this point, there have been some other fixes applied, so it's probably better than I make an updated package; it's now a release candidate. You can download that here: https://github.com/toggledbits/DeusExMachina/releases/tag/v2.8-RC1

Installation via same method.
Author of Reactor, DelayLight, SiteSensor, Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3 sandbox.