Author Topic: Kodi Remote Control  (Read 53963 times)

Offline cw-kid

Re: Kodi Remote Control
« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2016, 07:08:25 am »
Hi

Was just looking in the Kodi log for something else and noticed a few of these errors relating to KodiRemote. Anyone else seeing this?

Code: [Select]
09:20:32 T:140661303006976   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'urllib2.URLError'>
                                            Error Contents: <urlopen error [Errno 111] Connection refused>
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.service.micasaverde/default.py", line 91, in onPlayBackStarted
                                                data = json.load(urllib2.urlopen(url))
                                              File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-6.0/build.OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0.1/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 126, in urlopen
                                              File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-6.0/build.OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0.1/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 400, in open
                                              File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-6.0/build.OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0.1/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 418, in _open
                                              File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-6.0/build.OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0.1/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 378, in _call_chain
                                              File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-6.0/build.OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0.1/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1207, in http_open
                                              File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-6.0/build.OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0.1/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1177, in do_open
                                            URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 111] Connection refused>
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Line 91 contains:

data = json.load(urllib2.urlopen(url))

EDIT: Actually thinking about it, this could just mean my Vera unit was unreachable at the time. Which it was earlier today as it crashed. Will keep an eye on the log for this error again ?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 07:44:12 am by cw-kid »

Offline Evoxer

« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2016, 02:31:16 pm »
Having some issue here guys - I've just configured Kodi to talk to my new VeraPlus and its going really well. Although it states "Cant Detect Device" in Vera. Im unsure what this means as I can see status information is working perfectly:
Computer: Up
Player: Audio_stop
Kodi: home

All that changed when I navigate or play TV / Films etc. But the red banner in Kodi wont go away. Anyone else experianced this?

Thanks
Evo

Offline cw-kid

« Reply #137 on: February 21, 2016, 04:46:41 am »
Having some issue here guys - I've just configured Kodi to talk to my new VeraPlus and its going really well. Although it states "Cant Detect Device" in Vera. Im unsure what this means as I can see status information is working perfectly:
Computer: Up
Player: Audio_stop
Kodi: home

All that changed when I navigate or play TV / Films etc. But the red banner in Kodi wont go away. Anyone else experianced this?

Thanks
Evo

Read the last page
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,28490.msg252965.html#msg252965

Offline seanwalter

« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2016, 11:30:08 pm »
For people on UI7 getting the "Can't detect device" error...I was also having this problem and solved it pretty simply -- after following all instructions in this forum, but with no luck.

I finally decided I had nothing to lose (at 2am...) and noticed in Advanced Settings-->Variables there is a variable called "CommFailure". I manually changed this from 1 to 0, and now my Kodi Remote is detected.

I did do a couple of other things, but I doubt they are necessary. You can try them if the simple change above doesn't solve your problem:

0. Follow all other instructions in the forum to install the plugin correctly and install the addon correctly in Kodi

1. Upgrade Kodi to 15.0 Isengaard (I was on the 14.2 Helix before)

2. In Advanced-->Params I filled in the following:
- Added the MAC address for my Kodi box
- Added "Team Kodi" as the manufacturer
- Added "Isengaard" as the model

I am 99% sure all I really had to do was follow the instructions already in the forum and then change the CommFailure variable, but I'll never know unless someone else in the forum tries to do that and reports back before doing all these other things.

Or maybe sometime this week I'll set up another instance for the other Kodi box in the house, and report back myself.

ps - many thanks to cw-kid for elaborating the instructions, and for that blog post, which got me thinking more about the effects of the Params and Variables

pps - many many thanks to Ron for an awesome plugin

ppps - on UI7 there is an unlabeled and mostly invisible Mute button...any chance someone can make it more obvious and/or add real volume controls? I am still very much a noob -- just opened my first Vera (Edge) this morning.

I was also finally able to get rid of the "Can't detect device" from KODIRemote on UI7. I only changed the CommFailure variable for 0 to 1. No need to change the other parameters.

I just installed KodiRemote for the first time on Vera Edge UI7. I am trying to change the CommFailure variable from 1 to 0 however it never seems to keep the change and when I go back  in to the Variables tab again its changed back.

I have tried clicking in the field and pressing 0 on keyboard and then tab to come out of the field and it says "Change property command sent"

I've also tried ticking the box "switch to input type text" but that doesn't seem to work either.

How did you change the variable and make it stick?

Also when playing Trailers in the Kodi Apple iTunes Trailers add-on it doesn't appear to make Vera restart. As I reported it was earlier with my VeraLite UI5.

EDIT: OK maybe it was changing it but I couldn't see it was, as after refreshing the browser page it now says CommFailure is 0. And after then reloading Vera it now does NOT say "Can't Detect Device"  ;D

I've been off the forums for awhile, but logged back on today because I'm having the same issues as other people where I can get my VeraEdge to see Kodi for a period of time, but eventually it "loses" the IP address I have manually entered in the Advanced Settings. I have put up with this for a few months now and am finally going to try a few other options, including some of the others mentioned in this thread.

I just don't want anyone reading the forums thinking the solution I outlined last fall is a permanent solution. It seemed permanent at the time... I'd be interested to revisit if anyone has ideas for making it stick.

Offline cw-kid

« Reply #139 on: April 25, 2016, 06:35:42 am »
I don't think I have had any issues with the Kodi Remote instances loosing their IP addresses. All seems OK.

I have had issues with the WOL with Ping Plugin however that is also setup for the Kodi PCs. That does sometimes lose the IP addresses.

Offline seanwalter

« Reply #140 on: April 30, 2016, 02:17:50 am »
Hi everyone... after my last message I looked at a few of the other Kodi plugins mentioned in the forums and didn't see anything that had the functionality I needed, so I came back to KodiRemote and have a bit of good news for people struggling with the lost connection and computer: down issues...I hope...

1. On a whim, I deleted the MAC address in my KodiRemote Advanced Settings. This seems to have eliminated the recurring "lost connection" issues -- it's been running for about a week without that error coming up.

2. Note that if you are getting the "lost connection" issue and make this change, you will still need to go back into the Variables tab in Advanced Settings one more time to delete the values in the CommFailure and CommFailure Time fields.

3. After being happy I no longer see "lost connection," I noticed I was getting the Computer: down status message that a few people have mentioned in this forum. In my case, after a small amount of trial and error, I found this was due to the fact that my Kodi box was not responding to Pings. The computer status in KodiRemote is based on whether the computer responds to a Ping request. I made adjustments to the firewall software on the Kodi box to enable ping responses from devices on my local LAN, and now KodiRemote shows Computer: up.

I hope this helps others. Thanks for everyone's contributions throughout the forums -- what a great resource.

Offline fabstar81

« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2016, 04:15:39 pm »
now i see everyone in this thread uses the Kodi Remote app by doing things/scenes according to player state. All i am interested in, is to let vera control Kodi whenever something happens.

I am running UI7 and what i want is this:
whenever the door bell rings, i want Kodi to pause

For that i created a scene with trigger door bell. when i choose for the device Kodi remote (raspberry pi) i get the message:
No actions could be found for the following devices: pi-sk

Now, does anyone know a solution to that?

if this cannot be handled via GUI, does someone know the LuuP code for Kodi to pause?

Offline michaelhinchey

« Reply #142 on: October 02, 2016, 02:28:45 am »
Kodi Remote Control is based off former XBMCState. This Plugin will report the state of XBMC as well provide basic functionality such as Navigation and player control.

Requirements:
micasaverde.addon (Modified for Kodi Service) installed in kodi
akb-json.lua (in vera, Place it in /usr/lib/lua/)
Day or Night Plugin

1- Install Kodi Remote from the mios app store (of it gets approved) or unzip the plugin attached in this post and upload it into your vera.

2- Once you have place micasaverde.addon inside kodi's addon folder, open kodi and go to System -> settings -> Add-Ons -> Enabled add-ons -> services -> Micasaverde Kodi Event

3- Once in there enter the ip of your vera and the device id  that was assigned to Kodi Remote when it got installed as well as the id for your Day or Night Plugin, select the states that you would like Kodi to report to your vera.

4-Once your are done configuring the plugin close kodi and reopen it to initialize the new configuration.

5-Go to your vera and enter into the setting of your KODIRemote Plugin then go to the advanced tab and enter your Kodi's ip address and reload vera.

You should be able to see how Kodi report to vera all the different states, you should also be able to send basic navigation and player commands to Kodi.

KODIREmote.zip updated (11/22/14)

Before I get started is this the correct way to do this or have they updated.???  THX

Offline Newzwaver

« Reply #143 on: February 11, 2017, 10:43:16 am »
Hi Everyone,

I have downloaded the files and added the plugin on both vera and kodi android box.  Using kodi 16.1 and vera plus on 17.the latest.  I have the correct ipaddress and i have can't the comm failure from 1 to 0....  with all that i still don't ahev any control over the android box.  it is becuase of the skin i am using on the box?  I am using pluse...

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

Offline fabstar81

« Reply #144 on: July 17, 2017, 03:33:21 pm »
is this app still under maintenance? i updated kodi to Krypton or something like that and the .zip failes to install. anyone can be of service?

Offline rjayyyy

« Reply #145 on: December 06, 2017, 09:23:25 pm »
Bump

Same deal for myself, latest Kodi v17 has been around for length with v18 not too far away and not seeing any plugins etc that support it for Vera. This zip file doesn't install for me either and I couldn't find any later versions in any of the Repo's around.

Offline conchordian

« Reply #146 on: December 06, 2017, 10:56:10 pm »
I use this one with Kodi Krypton: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=13697.0

I think it has slightly different functionality to this plugin, but it does what I need it to.

Offline rjayyyy

« Reply #147 on: December 06, 2017, 11:55:36 pm »
thanks Conchordian, I will give this a spin over the weekend :) bit confusing as from my brief reading of the forums it looked like the XBMCState app had been superseded by the Kodi Remote app but by the looks maybe it has gone back the other way now ;)

thanks

Offline rjayyyy

« Reply #148 on: December 07, 2017, 12:29:19 am »
I use this one with Kodi Krypton: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=13697.0

I think it has slightly different functionality to this plugin, but it does what I need it to.

Just to confirm Conchordian, is the pinned post at the start of the thread with version 1.2 attached the latest Kodi addon version for XBMC state? and is the XBMCState App in your Vera version 1.1 from Mios store?

Just want to make sure I am starting off correctly incase I have to chase down anything should it not work

Offline conchordian

« Reply #149 on: December 08, 2017, 02:39:12 am »
Yes, and yes. :)