Author Topic: Kodi Remote Control  (Read 52940 times)

Offline rjayyyy

Re: Kodi Remote Control
« Reply #150 on: December 08, 2017, 03:00:38 am »
Yes, and yes. :)

Ace thanks! Got it up and running last night and will do some testing of scenes based on elements of that device over the weekend. Do you find it pretty reliable?

Offline fabstar81

« Reply #151 on: December 12, 2017, 10:02:06 am »
so does it work with newest UI7, newest kodi? last time i installed it failed...

Offline rjayyyy

« Reply #152 on: December 12, 2017, 09:34:45 pm »
so does it work with newest UI7, newest kodi? last time i installed it failed...

yep latest version of Kodi (17.6 from memory) and latest UI7 (.3232 not the Beta). Definitely working, it might take a reboot of Vera and the Kodi endpoints to kick in. Also even tho it is working and showing status initially you do get a red error showing below the device and you need to change the setting in the in the attachment to 0 and save. Someone on one of the threads mentioned it.

It is damn confusing as basically the threads start off by saying KodiRemote was a port of the original XBMCState but it looks like KodiRemote hasn't worked since version 16.x of Kodi which is a pity as it sounds like it has a larger feature set than KodiRemote.

Offline conchordian

« Reply #153 on: December 14, 2017, 09:51:59 pm »
Ace thanks! Got it up and running last night and will do some testing of scenes based on elements of that device over the weekend. Do you find it pretty reliable?

Yes, I've used it for years without a single hiccup.

Offline rjayyyy

« Reply #154 on: December 14, 2017, 10:13:35 pm »

Yes, I've used it for years without a single hiccup.

Thanks!

Offline rjayyyy

« Reply #155 on: December 17, 2017, 09:06:41 am »
Just as a side note I reinstalled KodiRemote to test and that in combination with the XBMCState plugin that does install on Kodi 17 does provide some functionality.

The Device displays that the Kodi box is up, although doesn't display what it is currently playing. The controls some of them work (e.g. the up, down, left, right and info buttons but not the pause button)

Would be great to have the functionality to use in scenes.

Offline RichieB

« Reply #156 on: June 10, 2018, 12:50:02 pm »
yeah it seems that the APIV8 has not been upgraded to reflect this

Offline rjayyyy

« Reply #157 on: June 10, 2018, 11:38:48 pm »
yeah it seems that the APIV8 has not been upgraded to reflect this

Spewing, it would be great if it was as the extra functionality of the remote is decent. I have got a around some of it by sending direct commands to Kodi via LUA but would be far easier not to have to "program" to do basic control of Kodi

Offline fabstar81

« Reply #158 on: June 11, 2018, 04:17:51 am »
Does it show if the player plays something?

Offline rjayyyy

« Reply #159 on: June 11, 2018, 04:37:39 am »
Does it show if the player plays something?

Player? Kodi?

I don't think so from memory. In the end I uninstalled the device and am using the other plugin and some scripting for my needs, hoping this plugin (like a few other dead or not functioing Vera Plugins) will be resurected at some stage :)

Offline fabstar81

« Reply #160 on: June 11, 2018, 04:45:12 am »
Indeed Kodi. I think version 17.

I used the play status for kicking off a scene but since I didn't get the plug-in installed on Kodi itself I just stopped using it.

Offline rjayyyy

« Reply #161 on: June 11, 2018, 04:55:45 am »
Indeed Kodi. I think version 17.

I used the play status for kicking off a scene but since I didn't get the plug-in installed on Kodi itself I just stopped using it.

Yeh I still use it that way, the XBMCState plugin, the earlier plugin from which this KodiRemote one was developed, still works :)

Also there is this option if you wanted to initiate the scenes manually from Kodi end point itself rather than from the Vera side;
http://www.smarthome.com.au/smarthome-blog/xbmc-vera-z-wave-addon/

Offline RichieB

« Reply #162 on: June 11, 2018, 06:55:02 am »
yeah but I would like this plugin to work .. Xbmc state will work but too much scene usage I'm going to dig through this plugin to see if i can get it to work

I know what needs to change -- just the Http calls in the implementation to reflectKodi APiV8

Offline rjayyyy

« Reply #163 on: June 11, 2018, 07:41:44 am »
yeah but I would like this plugin to work .. Xbmc state will work but too much scene usage I'm going to dig through this plugin to see if i can get it to work

I know what needs to change -- just the Http calls in the implementation to reflectKodi APiV8

Mate if you can get this plugin working and back up and running I am sure there will be some happy ppl out there, Kodi is definitely the choice for DIY home media centres. Keep us in the loop on this thread. :D

Offline RichieB

« Reply #164 on: June 12, 2018, 02:56:56 pm »

Requirements:
micasaverde.addon (Modified for Kodi Service) installed in kodi
akb-json.lua (in vera, Place it in /usr/lib/lua/)
Day or Night Plugin

it works u just need to add

akb-json.lua (in vera, Place it in /usr/lib/lua/)