Author Topic: Kodi Remote Control  (Read 52979 times)

Offline fusion600

Re: Kodi Remote Control
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2015, 07:58:57 pm »
UI7?

Offline kyle.dawson

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2015, 08:05:39 pm »
OH, good point.  I have not gone to UI7, too many issues.  I am on UI5.  Since all my stuff works, did not want to go down that rabbit hole.
VeraPlus UI7(1), Sonos(3), GE Switch(25), GE Dimmer(1), GE Zwave Outlet(3),Aeon Labs Z-Wave Smart Energy Switch(1) , MimoLight Garage Door(1), MimoLight  Door Bell(1), Foscam Camera(8), Enerwave Z-wave PIR Sensor(1), Aeon Labs Z-Wave Multi-Sensor(2), Fibaro Motion(6), Honeywell Thermostat(2)

Offline fusion600

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2015, 08:08:53 pm »
perhaps that's my problem.  I had it working in UI5, ugh....

Offline conchordian

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2015, 09:57:12 pm »
This is very cool, got everything installed and it works as advertised.

However, I've been getting the same functionality with a program called eventghost. I'm sure many of you have used it.

Dont you think eventghost is a better option? ANY button you press or action that happens on your computer can trigger a scene or event directly to your controller...so there is no need for any of this?

This plugin only works within kodi, where eventghost is system wide...don't you think?

Unless there is something you guys are using this plugin for that I didn't think about?

I am a big fan of EventGhost and use it for heaps of automation, as well as XBMC/KODI control, but I still use the XBMC/KODI plugin for Vera, because there's no extra functionality, as far as lighting is concerned, so you may as well cut out the middleman.

Offline nullx8

• Trouble !
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2015, 11:09:30 pm »
Eventghost = windows = pre-programmed failure :p

Xbmcstate runs within kodi, which makes it alot more solid.
1 VeraLite, 2 RaspberryPI, Harmony Remote, openLuup, 85 Devices, 34Nodes, 63 Triggers, 49 Scenes

Offline aalmans

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2015, 10:18:04 am »
I updated my UI7 version (1.7.513) this morning, then installed the  micasaverde.addon and KodiRemote app. Then configured the KODIRemote devicewith KODI IP and device ID's and set all flags to true.

I get:

Variable Name:Variable Value:
Computer:up
Player:Video_start
Kodi:video

But none of the remote functions work and it constantly says Can't Detect Device.

Please help

Same here! Can anyone confirm this works with UI7 as advertised and also without the "Can't Detect Device"?

Offline conchordian

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2015, 01:50:53 am »
Eventghost = windows = pre-programmed failure :p

Xbmcstate runs within kodi, which makes it alot more solid.

A lot of folks are already using Windows to run Kodi, so that failure rate won't be fixed by eschewing EventGhost.

Offline n0ir

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2015, 07:42:12 am »
I didn?t get it to work on my new vera Edge with UI7. Now running the DLNA app instead together with PLEG.

Offline fusion600

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2015, 08:09:32 am »
I didn?t get it to work on my new vera Edge with UI7. Now running the DLNA app instead together with PLEG.

Can you elaborate on what you did, please?

Offline bigmonkey70

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2015, 08:30:06 pm »
install the add on on kodi 14.1 on Fire TV ... I enter the Vera IP .. but for XBMC State ID and Day or Night Device ID I can't enter anything ... the keyboard is blank no number no letter at all. 

EDIT: I got it all 5 of my XBMC unit working now.  It was caused by an incompatible Confluence++ FireTV skin.  Upgrade to the Helix version and I can enter the Unit ID for XBMC State and Day or Night devices.  Thanks
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 09:03:20 am by bigmonkey70 »

Offline konradwalsh

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2015, 02:07:59 am »
Dont know what the difference is but it works perfectly for me on UI7 and Helix.
The UI7 controls need fixing but functions are there.

Offline richgodfrey

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2015, 04:46:15 am »
Can this plugin/kodi differentiate between you playing a movie vs live Tv?   Used to use XBMC State until I implemented live TV and couldn't work out how not to trigger a scene when watching TV (when I dont want the lights to be dimmed)

Offline joecrow

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2015, 11:29:54 am »
Does anybody know how to use the "Idle" function of this plugin in a LUUP script?

would it be something like:
local KODI_SID = "urn:upnp-org:serviceId:XBMCState1"
local playerState = luup.variable_get(KODI_SID, "IdleTime", 123)

Does the idle time even work?, I dont see it changing in the Advanced tab.

Is there a way to even do it via the UI? I would like to turn off the power to the TV when Kodi is idle for a certain amount of time.

Offline joecrow

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2015, 02:25:27 am »
Nevermind I used a python script to send the command from kodi to the Vera.

Got the idea here:
http://www.jordanhackworth.com/home-automation-with-xbmc/

Offline fusion600

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2015, 08:20:32 am »
UPDATE: I got all the functionality working on Amazon Fire TV Stick, with UI7.  The button functionality problem was caused by not setting all necessary settings in Kodi to enable remote control.  I forgot after I upgraded.

Only outstanding issues are button layout on UI7, and consistently states Can't detect device.  but app fully functions.