We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: how to bypass a zone  (Read 1715 times)

Offline victorb17

how to bypass a zone
« on: November 21, 2014, 08:07:00 pm »
How can I bypass a zone through a scene?  I need a disable motions button.

Offline futzle

• Master Member
Re: how to bypass a zone
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 08:22:45 pm »
It depends on if you enabled the "Toggle Zone Bypass" message bit when you configured the NX-8E or NX-584.

If you have disabled this message then there is no way for you to bypass a zone on the alarm panel from Vera.

If you have enabled this message then you just need to make your scene perform an Arm or Bypass on the matching security sensor device in Vera. Doing this will affect the matching zone on the alarm panel.

Offline victorb17

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 09:04:28 pm »
If I enable that option, then I get a ton of notifications everytime a zone is opened. Is there a way around this?

Offline futzle

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 01:52:39 am »

If I enable that option, then I get a ton of notifications everytime a zone is opened. Is there a way around this?

If that's the problem that you want to fix, then it doesn't matter if you have the Zone Bypass Toggle bit enabled or not. If you disable the bit then bypassing a sensor in the Vera UI affects only the Vera device and not the corresponding zone in the alarm panel. This is ok though because it's the Vera sensor bypass state and not the Caddx zone bypass state that affects whether you get those notifications.

Somewhere non-obvious (I think it might be the House Modes configuration) you can control who gets notified when an armed sensor trips. This has been talked about in the context of UI7 so it'll be in one of the other forums.

Offline YzRacer

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 04:46:14 pm »

I am sure you solved this issue by now, but I can confirm that configuring the House Modes section of the dashboard will control the notifications you receive from sensors connected via this plugin.

I use PLEG and I have also used scenes to bypass a zone. You will need to have your device configured correctly with permission to command the alarm system. I don't recommend relying on the house modes to bypass/arm your sensors, but scenes and PLEG work fine. Always use some logic that prevents any attempts to bypass a zone while the alarm system is in ExitDelay or Armed. I set a condition to bypass a zone each time the alarm is disarmed and ready to arm for > 1 minute. It has been very reliable for me with that setup with the exception of someone leaving the house while the alarm is in "Stay".

Always remember the alarm system will arm any zones that are bypassed each time it is disarmed.