We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Veralite WAS working, now cannot connect, and fast green lite blinking  (Read 1506 times)

Offline spydox

• Sr. Newbie
It won't connect to the LAN all of a sudden, and the green lite is on fast blink. The CAT5 cable is green where it plugs into the router so it has a physical connection. Troubleshooting steps ?

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
Re: Veralite WAS working, now cannot connect, and fast green lite blinking
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 02:00:05 pm »
Fast flashing green indicates a failed communication test(reach an internet device) and is usually a network problem.

Verify internet connectivity.
Power cycle Vera. Leave Vera Off for 30 seconds or more so that network ports can properly shutdown and detect link at power on..
Try a different network port.
Try a different network cable.

Offline tony1011

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 07:19:56 pm »
Had the same problem, you will have to factory reset the gateway.

Offline computerguy09

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 04:50:03 pm »
I just bought a unit off ebay and had the same issue.

Doing a full reset, by holding the reset button on the VeraLite for at least 15 secs while powering it up fixed that issue for me.  It then got an IP address and I was able to browse to it via the web page and do the getvera.com/setup steps.

It appears that it's still on UI5, which is what I wanted.

Mark

Offline Edwin008

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 05:00:07 pm »
I have the same problem.  Veralite (UI5) was connected to the internet just fine, then I unplugged it to include a Linear light dimmer.  Inclusion looked successful, but I get the fast flashing green light when I plug the Veralite back in.  This has happened before over the last week, when I was including a motion sensor.  I left it alone overnight and it somehow resolved connectivity by the morning.  But I don't want to have to leave it for 24 hours after every time I unplug it for an inclusion!

I'll try Z-Waver's steps first.  Other than that, are there any options other than a full factory reset?  Really prefer not to have to start from scratch with all my devices.