Author Topic: I Hate UI7!  (Read 10898 times)

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
Re: I Hate UI7!
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2015, 07:05:26 pm »
Well, several revisions and tech support requests later, the thermostat problem which I reported back in December is still present in version 7.0.4. I'm really surprised and disappointed that it's taking Vera Controls this long to bring UI7 to the same level of functionality as UI5.

I'm staying with UI5 for a while longer given that I have several scenes which rely on changing the thermostat controls independently.

I've found several other problems and bugs in UI7 which worked perfectly well in UI5.

Have you tried to turn off the Vera3 Wifi Acess Point? As so as you do, you lose local access to your Vera. (Only remote access works.)

Even the things that UI7 supposedly does better than UI5, it doesn't do that well. UI7 introduces four modes (home, away, night, vacation) but we really need more modes. How about a "party" mode which you can use to turn lights on brighter, disable motion sensors and lawn sprinklers and override other "normal" daily schedules which would otherwise interfere with a special occasion?

Some things are now broken since the previous version. I still have no clue as to why 7.0.4 fails to parse the Info Viewer plug-in device XML whereas this worked in 7.0.3.

Frustrating....Totally frustrating!

I saw many many pages on the Thermostate issues, then I upgraded do ui7 and I have noticed no change in how my a/c works. ImperiHome app still looks the same and works the same, my PLEG auto a/c conditions still work just fine. Physical thermostats still work the same. Is the problem on the way the UI looks? I only use that for setup never for day to day use.

Offline gengen

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2015, 12:10:54 pm »
Unfortunately, the thermostat problem is STILL not fixed even in version 7.0.6. Although Vera controls has fixed many other bugs in the latest release, the thermostat controls don't yet match the functionality in UI5.

You still cannot set heat and cool setpoints independently without also changing the operating mode (heat/cool/auto/off).
You still cannot set the fan mode (on/off/cycle) in a script.
You still cannot set the energy mode in a script.
You still cannot see what both the heat and cool setpoints are from the control panel.

Vera is well aware of these problems but has neglected to fix them even when they were pointed out 5 months ago and there have been several releases since then!
The Auto mode button was added in 7.0.6. Thank you. However, this seems to be the only improvement, other than support for Nest thermostats (which I neither own nor care about.)

I'm still sticking with UI5.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2015, 12:20:29 pm »
Unfortunately, the thermostat problem is STILL not fixed even in version 7.0.6. Although Vera controls has fixed many other bugs in the latest release, the thermostat controls don't yet match the functionality in UI5.

You still cannot set heat and cool setpoints independently without also changing the operating mode (heat/cool/auto/off).
You still cannot set the fan mode (on/off/cycle) in a script.
You still cannot set the energy mode in a script.
You still cannot see what both the heat and cool setpoints are from the control panel.

Vera is well aware of these problems but has neglected to fix them even when they were pointed out 5 months ago and there have been several releases since then!
The Auto mode button was added in 7.0.6. Thank you. However, this seems to be the only improvement, other than support for Nest thermostats (which I neither own nor care about.)

I'm still sticking with UI5.

I think all of those issues are only on the UI. In the advanced tab there is the seperate heat and cool setpoints. In PLEG you can use these for automation.

In the apps (I use ImperiHome) you can set heat and cool setpoints from any mode. Both are displayed. I think the problem is mostly with vera's UI but never understood why people would use a laptop instead of a tablet of phone. There is alot of great apps out there.

Offline Aaron

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2015, 10:26:38 pm »
gengen,
As I've been told by some people here... cut te Vera devs some slack. they have a lot on their plate.