We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Well Looks like I will be changing to the new Vera Edge.  (Read 32357 times)

Offline tyfoon

Re: Well Looks like I will be changing to the new Vera Edge.
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2014, 08:31:55 am »
Just got my VeraEdge in. As I'm upgrading from a VeraLite my preferred scenario is to have a (full config) working VeraLite (as is now in UI5) and a new VeraEdge on UI7 (with the config from my VeraLite). This way I can always go back to VeraLite with a working config if the Edge does not work well.

So to double-check; after running the 'upgrade procedure' as described above to get a working VeraEdge; can I still downgrade my VeraLite to UI5 with my old config?

p.s. I understand I cannot run them together at the same time.

I was/am in the same boat as you. Everything on my Lite is working (not overloaded yet). I tried and have went back to UI5.

I have also setup edge. I currently only testing EDGE with the plugins (as that's where most problems are). I have an alarm panel (Caddx) plugged into my LITE. Well that don't work with edge yet (the usb to serial adaptor) so without that all my exterior doors and windows and garage won't work. So that enough for me to wait right there.

I have also installed PLEG and the rest of my other plugins to test and get used to ui7.

I would suggest you just setup and test on the edge right now without moving over your main until you know everything is going to be atleast as good as what you have. It's also a chance to get used to ui7.

I'm not able to link my new Edge to my user account. After going through the steps on the VeraEdge to assign to a existing user account it mentions that unit 'xxxxx' has been assigned to the user. But if I try to login I'm always re-directed to the VeraLite and there is no way to login to the Edge.

How did you manage this?

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2014, 11:47:43 am »
Are you logging into home.getvera.com?

Offline tyfoon

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2014, 04:32:25 pm »
Yes.  What happens if you login via home. Get Vera. Com? Do you get a menu/option  to select which Vera you want to actually access?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Offline airedale

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2014, 04:46:54 pm »
I ran into some of the same issues. Support actually had me reset my password on the account that kept redirecting to UI5 (cp.mios.com).

So - for the account that you think should be working on UI7 (VeraEdge), initiate a password reset and see if that fixes it.

Offline mcv.chris

• MiOS Official
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2014, 08:18:39 am »
Steps to transfer the z-wave network from Vera 3/lite to Vera Edge

The transfer process requires that you have your Vera 3/lite near your Vera Edge, at most 2 feet away. Once both units are powered on you?ll need to follow these steps :

1. Check and see if your Vera 3/Lite is the primary z-wave controller for your z-wave network, and this is indicated by the role which should be Master :

Role: Master SIS NO PRI: YES

If your unit has a different role contact our tech support team, and they?ll help you resolve it asap. For more details on this check out : http://support.getvera.com/

2. Save a backup from your current Vera 3/lite unit, which we?ll use later on to transfer your settings to your Vera Edge. This can be done from Settings > Backup

3. Once the backup is saved we can go ahead and set your Vera 3/lite controller into transfer mode, and this can be done from Settings > Z-wave Settings > Advanced > Controller shift .

4. Next you?ll need to set your Vera Edge to copy your existing z-wave data, and this can be done from Settings > Z-wave Settings > Advanced > Copy Z-Wave network from a master controller.

5. This process will take some time based on the size of your z-wave network but once finished you should see all your z-wave devices on your Vera Edge.

6. Next we?ll have to restore the backup from your Vera 3/lite controller, which we?ve saved on step 1. This can be done by simply dragging the backup on the ?Upload? section from Settings > Backup. (NOTE: Restore Z-wave Network needs to be UNCHECKED)

7. Once finished you should have your Vera edge with all your settings from the Vera 3/lite.

Note that this procedure will set your Vera 3/lite controller as a slave (secondary) z-wave controller to your Vera Edge, and will add one additional Scene Controller device on the dashboard.

8. It is recommended that you run a z-wave network healing session to ensure that all your devices will work without issues. For battery operated devices you might need to wake them up manually.

If you experience any issues with the transfer do not hesitate to contact our tech support team, and they?ll help you resolve it asap. For more details on this check out : http://support.getvera.com/

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2014, 09:14:28 am »
@mcv.chris

I would love to start using my new Vera Edge, but since the USB to Serial adaptors are not working that means, my Alarm Panel would not function and all my door/window/motion sensors will not work. That's what really runs my "Automation" in Home Automation.

Basically, I currently have an Edge Paper weight for the last 3+ weeks. (I preordered from Amazon in November)

Do you have any In-site on where this problem is in the priority list? Last update said it was to fix some USB issues but this wasn't one of them I guess.

Offline n0ir

« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2014, 08:55:47 am »
I would love to start using my new Vera Edge, but since the USB to Serial adaptors are not working that means, my Alarm Panel would not function and all my door/window/motion sensors will not work. That's what really runs my "Automation" in Home Automation.

Same here. I depend heavily on my USB connected RFXtrx433E transciever, and my new Vera Edge still doesn't seem to recognize this. I have contacted support but still haven't heard anything (but it is yuletime so I'm cutting them some extra slack... ;)).

REALLY not digging UI7 though. :( I had succeeded in staying with UI5 until now, and the new GUI is really cumbersome.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2014, 12:44:48 pm »

Same here. I depend heavily on my USB connected RFXtrx433E transciever, and my new Vera Edge still doesn't seem to recognize this. I have contacted support but still haven't heard anything (but it is yuletime so I'm cutting them some extra slack... ;)).

REALLY not digging UI7 though. :( I had succeeded in staying with UI5 until now, and the new GUI is really cumbersome.

I talked to them yesterday and they basically said they know about it, but the developers are on vacation until after the New Year so likely and update won't come until the 2nd week of JAN at the soonest.

UI7 is a change and if everything would work I personally don't mind the layout. I'm warming up to it and can see getting accustom to it with more use and time. Again this is assuming everything works.

Offline pentium

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2015, 09:41:48 am »
Both developers went on vacation at the same time?  Or, maybe they only have on developer and the 'staff' went on vacation.  Funny how they forget that the problems were known long before this vacation.

Offline tinker3433

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2015, 10:54:02 am »
Both developers went on vacation at the same time?  Or, maybe they only have on developer and the 'staff' went on vacation.  Funny how they forget that the problems were known long before this vacation.

2nd week of Jan, 2nd week of Feb, 2nd week of..????
Still waiting for full functionality...

Gave up and bought a Xuan Stack Box.
I hope that their development is faster.

The race is on.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 03:41:24 pm by tinker3433 »

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2015, 01:14:07 pm »

I hope that there development is faster.

The race is on.

Not sure what you guys are waiting for..... your replying to an old thread. That update already came out and fixed everything I needed and I was able to swap over and start using the EDGE.

Offline tinker3433

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2015, 01:51:07 pm »

The race is on.

Not sure what you guys are waiting for..... your replying to an old thread. That update already came out and fixed everything I needed and I was able to swap over and start using the EDGE.

Hasn't fixed my issues. Still no Insteon. have deleted, re-added, Factory Reset, Sworn at it, Pleaded with it, and more.
No Joy 

Offline mcgyver210

« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2015, 02:57:37 pm »

The race is on.

How did you purchase the Xuan Stack Box? All I found was a funded KickStarter & a website that said the store will be operational by Fall 2014?
Newbie Starting over soon due to total house fire loss
Vera Edge UI7 (Started with Vera3 UI5 - UI7) |Sclage BE469NX CAM 716, BE369NX CAM 716 | Kwikset 912TNL TRL ZW 11P SMT | Nest Plugin | Iris/Ge On/Off Switch| Iris Garage Door| More to come as wife lets me that is LOL

EarlyMorningHours

« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2015, 03:28:11 pm »
Deleted
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 02:04:51 pm by EarlyMorningHours »

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2015, 04:39:30 pm »
You can find the Stack Box for purchase on Amazon (probably other places too).  I've kept an eye on their forums and watched for reviews, etc for the last couple of months and as much as I'd hoped otherwise, the thing doesn't seem to be gaining any speed.  As much as I hate to spend the money, not to mention spend the hours of time, I'm going ahead with a new Vera Edge as a stop gap until I can find something better.  I already have a SmartThings that has been demoted to the role of Zigbee gateway and don't want to start a collection of other controllers.  But as things stand now I've outgrown the limitations of my Vera Lite and need to do something.  I still wish that they would just release a Vera package for QNAP.  I'd much more happily pay the $150 for that than the under powered Edge hardware.

The truth is there is no one perfect box as you have seen. Alot of kickstarters also but none of them after came to anything yet atleast.

Your running the LITE. We all want more in terms of hardware but the EDGE is going to run circles around the lite. Memory issues on the Lite will be gone for sometime. Usable ram more then doubles with the upgrade.