Author Topic: Entire network went insane, especially minimotes  (Read 579 times)

Offline Dignan17

Entire network went insane, especially minimotes
« on: December 01, 2014, 10:10:51 pm »
Ok, so about four days ago my entire ZWave network went completely insane. All of a sudden, Vera was unable to control a few of my lights, scenes would take forever to execute, and worst of all my minimotes have become almost completely useless.

Most of my minimotes now do nothing when the buttons are pressed. With some of them, the scene will execute LONG after the button has been pressed (like two-three minutes later). On some of them, the scenes have been mixed up so that button one now sends the command that button 2 used to, and vice versa. Then the weirdest part is that some of them now initiate a scene that doesn't even exist! Where the heck does that come from?

I found this thread that seems to talk about the issue I'm having, but I don't quite understand what the people there are saying to do to fix it! I understand that I need to switch the automatic configure mode from "default" to "off," but that's what I'm supposed to do AFTER I've fixed it. Can someone clearly explain to me what I'm supposed to do to fix it first?

And in the larger sense, why the heck did this happen? I gather that Vera will do heals at random times, but why does it fail so utterly sometimes? I mean seriously, this is a huge problem and not befitting a consumer product. It has me very concerned about using and relying on Vera in the future.