Author Topic: Plugin: Harmony Hub Control  (Read 172380 times)

Offline jlamphere

Re: Plugin: Harmony Hub Control
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2014, 07:46:51 pm »
by chance is there a way to control 2 remotes ? i have one downstairs and one upstairs ..

Thanks in advance,
Jay

Offline tp546

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2014, 12:18:10 am »
Is there any way to get sequence commands from inside activities? (ie, a sequence of buttons)

Offline reneboer

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2014, 05:19:26 am »
by chance is there a way to control 2 remotes ? i have one downstairs and one upstairs ..

Thanks in advance,
Jay
Hi Jay,

You can create a second Harmony Hub Control device. If you look in the instructions on how to create the device manually, you can use that for the second Hub.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline reneboer

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2014, 05:21:24 am »
Is there any way to get sequence commands from inside activities? (ie, a sequence of buttons)
Hi,

Nope, the Hub does not report that over IP. You will only see that with harmony's configuration program.

Cheers Rene.
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline jlamphere

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2014, 05:46:13 pm »
So, thank goodness I have no hair .. (id be pulling it out)
I am new to this, always been interested in doing home automation but hey we all start somewhere.
As I stated before I have 2 harmony remotes (both with hubs).
Per comment I tried to install it manually, but it seems to always picks up my other hub no matter what
ip I put into the box .. my hubs are 192.168.1.11  192.168.1.12
I cannot seem to get them to both work, even after reading the pdf

Advice?
Thanks in advance
Jay

Offline jlamphere

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2014, 11:25:34 pm »
just an update ,

I moved one of the remotes on to another email ..
all works .. odd yes..

so one email per remote?

Jay

Offline reneboer

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2014, 04:51:14 am »
Hi Jay,

The email address is currently not really used as the current Hub versions allow you to skip it, but you never know when Harmony will update their Hub software to make it required so I'd thought to put it in just incase.

So I do not know if you can only have one Hub per email, it does not sound right to me. Maybe the IP address of the second was not properly picked up the first time. The Vera can be slow to pickup changes in plug-in settings and sometimes you need a second reload and have a cup of coffee before you try the next think is my experience.

But glad you did get it to work.

Cheers Rene

Offline Mgsmith75

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2014, 12:11:37 pm »
I am having the multiple hub issues as well. I can get one or the other to function properly but not both of them at the same time. Whenever I save setting on either one it only gives me options for activities for the last saved setting on both. For instance I have 4 activities on one TV and 3 on the other. If I save the setting on the one with the 4, then both show those 4 activities with the associated devices for that TV. I have separate static IP address for each of my hubs and that is the only different piece of data in the setting tab. The 2 devices in vera seem to be talking to each other and updating each other's available activities. Any idea's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline reneboer

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2014, 05:47:53 pm »
Hi Mgsmith75,

I do not have two hubs, but I created a second Harmony device just to test and I indeed see issues. I have to dig into this one a bit as it seems in my approach when cleaning up some files that are generated on the fly. Give me a couple of days to figure this one out.

Cheers Rene.

Offline BillyBob919

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2014, 11:05:57 pm »
Thank you for the plugin! I'm having an issue with lag. Sometimes it's instant when I press an activity button and other times it takes up to 2 minutes for the button press to register. Is there any way to speed this up?

Offline jlamphere

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2014, 01:59:49 am »
I thought i had taken care of my issue as well..
But i had not, seems i was to much in a rush for a simple fix.
I can not get 2 hubs to interact ..
grr

Offline SirMeili

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2014, 11:07:51 am »
Thank you for the plugin! I'm having an issue with lag. Sometimes it's instant when I press an activity button and other times it takes up to 2 minutes for the button press to register. Is there any way to speed this up?

The plugin "polls" the hub, so it depends when you press it and where it is in it's polling cycle. For instance I have my polling set to 60 seconds. So it can take up a to a minute for the plugin to see that the activity has changed (not counting the time it takes to actually query the hub). I would not expect an instantaneous change in the plugin. If you are looking for instantaneous, I would get an extra computer, put an IR sensor on it, install evenGhost and have it make URL calls to the Vera when certain IR codes are received.

For my use though, having a little lag is perfect fine as I am only curious if the living room is in use when I hit my good night mode and if so, delay the turning off of those lights until 5 minutes after the current activity is off (-1).
VeraLite (Live); ISY 994i (Live); Vera 3 (Waiting to replace VeraLite); Vera Edge (Waiting for all the bugs to be fixed); Xuan StackBox (Testing and waiting for more plugins and for it to mature)
Countless z-wave and insteon devices :D

Offline reneboer

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2014, 12:00:35 pm »
Hi jlamphere,

Is your lag on starting an activity or sending a command to a device via the child devices? When you start an activity the plugin waits until the Hub reports it has completed that. Much like the remote does. Some activities can run long (mine to switch on the TV and digital receiver and switch to the right input is close to 50 seconds. I know old TV from 2008  ;D). As long at the activity is running, no other commands get send, but maybe the Vera keeps the clicks. I will need to test on that once the new version is ready to release.

The new version will fix the multiple Hub issue, or add support for it all depending on your view. It will also have syslog support. I will need about one more week to get it all done.

Cheers Rene.

Offline SirMeili

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2014, 12:49:03 pm »
Rene,

I've noticed some strange behavior. Periodically all my child devices end up in the "No Room" room and I have to reassign them. I have "create embedded devices" set to No. When I had it set to Yes, after each restart, the devices would always go back to the room that the main device is in.

Is there any way to have them always stay in the room I set them to?

Thanks,
Frank
VeraLite (Live); ISY 994i (Live); Vera 3 (Waiting to replace VeraLite); Vera Edge (Waiting for all the bugs to be fixed); Xuan StackBox (Testing and waiting for more plugins and for it to mature)

Offline SirMeili

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2014, 09:42:40 am »
Rene,

I've noticed some strange behavior. Periodically all my child devices end up in the "No Room" room and I have to reassign them. I have "create embedded devices" set to No. When I had it set to Yes, after each restart, the devices would always go back to the room that the main device is in.

Is there any way to have them always stay in the room I set them to?

Thanks,
Frank

I guess it actually recreated the devices as my PLEG actions that had the device commands are now missing those commands. Is there a reason why the devices are periodically recreated?