Author Topic: Plugin: Harmony Hub Control  (Read 160735 times)

Offline reneboer

Re: Plugin: Harmony Hub Control
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2014, 11:44:07 am »
Rene,

I've noticed some strange behavior. Periodically all my child devices end up in the "No Room" room and I have to reassign them. I have "create embedded devices" set to No. When I had it set to Yes, after each restart, the devices would always go back to the room that the main device is in.

Is there any way to have them always stay in the room I set them to?

Thanks,
Frank

I guess it actually recreated the devices as my PLEG actions that had the device commands are now missing those commands. Is there a reason why the devices are periodically recreated?

Hi Frank,

When they would realy be recreated I would think they should appear in the same room as the main device again when create embedded is Yes and if you look at all configured buttons in the Settings tab all your selections should show as empty. Are you making changes to settings when this happens, or not at all?

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline SirMeili

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2014, 11:50:34 am »
Honestly, Rene, I don't remember if I made changes or not. I have create as embedded devices = "No" because if it is Yes, it keeps putting them in the same room as the main device. I noticed the other day they were in the "no room room" and I didn't think about it. I went to run a PLEG status report today and it removed some devices...I then searched through it and saw that the Harmony devices (not the main jhub device) were missing from their actions. I use PLEG to set my kid's Rokus to "Home" when I do the whole room shutdown. That way if they are watching something and we shut down the room, it will stop any streaming and return them home. Because of this, it is not really an action you would "see" take place.

I'll try and keep track of what I do and don't do and if it happens again, maybe I'll be more aware of what could have caused it.
VeraLite (Live); ISY 994i (Live); Vera 3 (Waiting to replace VeraLite); Vera Edge (Waiting for all the bugs to be fixed); Xuan StackBox (Testing and waiting for more plugins and for it to mature)
Countless z-wave and insteon devices :D

Offline Mgsmith75

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2014, 04:03:29 pm »
Update 2.0 - So far with version 2.0 I am experiencing the same issues as 1.8 with multiple hubs. When I add the first hub with 6 activities all was well, when I added the second hub with 3 activities, the activities list shows the 6 from the first hub and not just the 3 from the current hub I am trying to set up.

I am trying s series of reboot and browser refreshes to see if any changes but so far I am not getting it to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mgsmith75

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2014, 04:19:40 pm »
I take that back, I did get it working with some reboots and browser refreshes. The one confusing item is that when you move onto the next hub, the first hub's activity mapping is not retained in the activities tab. It shows the button name but the activities shows none. However this does not mean it is not mapped because I did check and all 3 of my hubs did operate correctly. Thanks Rene!

Offline reneboer

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2014, 06:29:24 pm »
I spend so much time trying the front end to work with multiple, I overlooked the backend. And as I only have one hub, I didn't notice. It should work if you upload these.

Cheers Rene
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 04:25:46 am by reneboer »
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline jprafter

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2014, 11:31:05 pm »
Hi, I', having trouble getting this installed. I originally had the plugin installed from the store(1.8). I deleted the plugin and devices. I also deleted all the harmony files WinSCP. I installed your latest files, including the fix2.01. I create the device as in the instructions. Reload, refresh etc. But when I go in the device, all the tabs just give me messages like" Opening hamSettings..." , Opening hamActivities..., with a status bar underneath. It never gets past this. I did try entering the IP, user and PW in the advanced tab, but still the same hold up.

Any help would be appreciated. My other vera is running your 1.6 version, manually installed, no issues.

John

Offline reneboer

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2014, 05:00:24 am »
Hi John,

Those messages suggest a syntax error in, or corrupted J_Harmony.js file. Before deleting the files, did you also uninstall the app from My Apps? When you do not the Vera will try downloading any files it finds missing, not sure if that is what happened.

It should not be needed to delete the device before the upgrade, it should work by just uploading the new new files. But if you want a clean install that should be working too.

I tested both scenarios (overwrite, clean install) on UI6 and UI7 and not having any issues.

Can you check if you did uninstall, and do that if you did not, and upload the files again?

Cheers Rene

Offline jprafter

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2014, 10:07:18 am »
Rene,

Thanks for the reply. I'm on UI5 BTW, in case that makes a difference. I reinstalled the plugin, and then uploaded all the 2.01 files. I am getting further than yesterday, the list of activities comes up for both hubs, I was able to select the activities. Also the devices now come up, and I can select those. The issue that remains, I get no buttons on the control devices (activities) (still see Configure t...) and no buttons on the devices. I'm just going to leave this alone for now, just incase it's just taking longer than expected.

Regards,

John

Offline Mgsmith75

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2014, 10:38:02 am »

Rene,

Thanks for the reply. I'm on UI5 BTW, in case that makes a difference. I reinstalled the plugin, and then uploaded all the 2.01 files. I am getting further than yesterday, the list of activities comes up for both hubs, I was able to select the activities. Also the devices now come up, and I can select those. The issue that remains, I get no buttons on the control devices (activities) (still see Configure t...) and no buttons on the devices. I'm just going to leave this alone for now, just incase it's just taking longer than expected.

Regards,

John

Did you ctl F5 to refresh browser?

Offline Areb65

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2014, 11:03:50 am »
Hi,

In UI5 I have the same probem with the previous version, the reload will not happen automaticaly, another user found a way to force the reload and it might be the same issue here, and will be like that until we go for UI7.

here is the comment and fixed my issue:

I had the same issue. What eventually did it for me, and I don't know why, is I changed the "Use remote images" setting in the main device to "Yes" and after (and a restart) that the buttons showed up in the child devices. Before that, I reloaded multiple times to no avail, however if I went to the "settings" tab for the child devices, they had the correct button mappings. It just wasn't creating the buttons.

Areb65.
VeraLite, UI5, Sonos, Nest, RFXtrx , Window Shades,  Virtualclock, Harmony Plugin, Cameras, dimmers, switchs, sensors and Myvera.

Offline jprafter

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2014, 05:46:00 pm »
Thanks for the reply's guys.

Yes, I have done several refreshes(F5, CNTRL F5, Reload, and even Reboot) still no buttons.

Yes I have set the Use Remote Images to Yes, and reloaded, refreshed, Etc. This brings up something interesting That I haven't tried. I didn't move the 2.01 images to the special directories as Rene mentioned in the optional instructions. Maybe I will try this next.

I'm still not getting any buttons, no activity buttons, no device buttons. As you mentioned, if I go to settings, the activities are selected in the parents, and the commands are selected in the devices.

As I mentioned before I have this working in UI5 in my other house at version 1.6, however I only set up one Hub there, I have 3 at that location. I loaded this manually before the plugin was available.

I have two hubs here in DC, and by the time I loaded the plugin here, it was at 1.8.

I appreciate the suggestions, I'm willing to keep trying anything if someone feels it will help.

Regards and Happy Holidays,

John

Offline jprafter

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2014, 06:01:45 pm »
OK, I loaded all the icon files to the specified directories. No Luck.

The two parents still show "configure the harmony activities...."  and the devices still show "configure the device command buttons...".

I'm running out of ideas... LOL

Regards,

John

Offline reneboer

« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2014, 05:43:06 am »
Hi John,

Can you set the log level to Debug and look in the /tmp/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log file? Either by loggin in your Vera or by using InfoViewer?

After you click teh Save Settings button for the Actions you should have something like this in the log (removed the time stapm data at the start of each line);

JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest device: 107 service: urn:rboer-com:serviceId:Harmony1 action: UpdateButtons <0x2fc21680>
JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument DeviceNum=107 <0x2fc21680>
JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument serviceId=urn:rboer-com:serviceId:Harmony1 <0x2fc21680>
JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument dummy=1419416881587 <0x2fc21680>
JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument action=UpdateButtons <0x2fc21680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Updating buttons for Harmony device 107 <0x2b1ea000>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Button definitions found : 2 <0x2b1ea000>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Adding button 1, label Uit <0x2b1ea000>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Adding button 2, label Radio <0x2b1ea000>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Adding event 1, label Uit <0x2b1ea000>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Adding event 2, label Radio <0x2b1ea000>
JobHandler_LuaUPnP::Reload: luup.reload Critical 0 m_bCriticalOnly 0 dirty data 1 <0x2b1ea000>

<here you should see the many reload messages...>

luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Harmony device #107 is initializing! <0x2be9b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Version is current : 2.0 <0x2be9b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Using Harmony Hub: IP address 192.168.178.31 <0x2be9b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Harmony Hub Control: init_module completed  <0x2be9b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Harmony device #107 is starting up! <0x2e49b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: HTTPServer 0 <0x2e49b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Harmony_CreateChildren for device  <0x2e49b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Child devices to create : 21447853,21133487 <0x2e49b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: GetConfig <0x2e49b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Sending command cmd=get_config <0x2e49b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: CMD: returnvalue : 200, OK, {"activity":[{"suggestedDisplay":"Default","label" <0x2e49b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Devices found : 5 __LEAK__ this:278528 start:2404352 to 0x1aea000 <0x2e49b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: CreateChildren: Device files for 21447853 exist. __LEAK__ this:8192 start:2412544 to 0x1aec000 <0x2e49b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Child device id HAM107_21447853 (HRM: Tv Philips), number 21447853 <0x2e49b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: CreateChildren: Device files for 21133487 exist. <0x2e49b680>
luup_log:107: Harmony Control: Child device id HAM107_21133487 (HRM: Thuisbioscoop), number 21133487 <0x2e49b680>

Can you let me know what you have?

Cheers Rene

Offline qwen3579

« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2014, 05:21:28 pm »
This plugin is phenomenal! Thank you so much for it. The only hurdle I have is remote application support. I use AuthomationHD and it does not support the plugin yet. But as a workaround I use the MultiSwitch plugin and PLEG so I can control the activities via AuthomationHD. I'm still working on the status updates though.

Offline meathead88

« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2014, 10:27:27 am »
This is great!  When will 2.0+ be in the store officially?
I have Veras at 3 family members's houses :0  i would rather wait

Merry Christmas!  Thanks so much!