Author Topic: Plugin: Harmony Hub Control  (Read 173235 times)

Online rafale77

• Community Beta
  • HA ≠ IoT as a blue sky is cloudless.
Re: Plugin: Harmony Hub Control
« Reply #645 on: January 07, 2019, 01:53:33 pm »
Reading up from the home assistant forum and what Logitech rep has announced there, it seems like Logitech is backpedaling and are now saying they will fix the security issue on the XMPP protocol as the official local API and are not committed to websocket since it is not officially supported. Reneboer, you might want to reconsider your plans on websocket.

I personally installed the dev firmware on my 3 units which supports both but for future proofing, XMPP might be the way to go.
openLuup (78 devices, 141 scenes, 19 apps) master to VeraPlus (142 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 221 devices,  20 scenes , 2 apps) +  Hubitat (15 Zigbee nodes) + Home-Assistant (API Integrations). Bridged to Siri and Alexa. Homewave. VeraPlus ExtRooted and mios server independent.

Offline reneboer

« Reply #646 on: January 08, 2019, 06:07:57 am »
Hi rafale,

I may go back to XMPP when/if they will publish the API. Till then I will remain on websockets so people do not need to install any 'development' software. Websockets is what their own apps on Android/iOS use so should be safe for the time being.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline compono

« Reply #647 on: January 22, 2019, 08:51:48 pm »
The plugin stopped working on my Vera yesterday or day before so I assume Logitech has hosed everyone again and you are working on updating again.

Offline reneboer

« Reply #648 on: January 23, 2019, 04:54:41 am »
Hi,

Did it maybe update to V3.0? Please look at the variables to see the version. Just after 3.0 became available on the MIOS app market I found that it could give a problem in some configuration depending on the number of buttons you have configured. I pulled the 3.0 version from the App store and the updated 3.1 is pending approval from MIOS. You can get the 3.1 version by using the force update link as described in the first article in the Version Log thread.

I am not aware of any changes from the Harmony side.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline Chelseagroup

« Reply #649 on: February 18, 2019, 04:12:12 pm »
ust updated the harmony app to v3.5 manually - it was on v2.29 and did not autoupdate even though the box was checked.
Can connect to a hub running firmware v4.15.206
Will NOT connect to hub running firmware version 4.15.250 (the new one released today).

Offline cabs

« Reply #650 on: February 18, 2019, 04:18:14 pm »
I just checked my hub software.  It is 4.15.250  I also cannot get the plugin to connect.  Keep getting error that Hub connection set-up failed.  Check IP address.  The IP address is correct and still there.  Plugin has been running fine for a month.  Wonder what changed in Hub release today?  Thx.  DAve

Offline jimmyhtz

« Reply #651 on: February 18, 2019, 09:38:20 pm »
I just purchased a new hub for the garage.  Everything was working for a few minutes until it forced a firmware update on both hubs.   
Probably triggered by me setting up the 2nd hub.

Now, nothing works :(

Offline Chelseagroup

« Reply #652 on: February 18, 2019, 09:52:37 pm »
last time this happened, I sent an email to the CEO of Logitech

Bracken Darrell <bdarrell@logitech.com>

Online rafale77

• Community Beta
« Reply #653 on: February 18, 2019, 10:32:05 pm »
Reneboer... As I feared, it looks like Logitech has backpedaled and has gone back to XMPP and is now blocking Websocket. I am and will remain on their dev firmware which enables both bot other people have been upgrading their firmware.
openLuup (78 devices, 141 scenes, 19 apps) master to VeraPlus (142 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 221 devices,  20 scenes , 2 apps) +  Hubitat (15 Zigbee nodes) + Home-Assistant (API Integrations). Bridged to Siri and Alexa. Homewave. VeraPlus ExtRooted and mios server independent.

Offline Pabla

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #654 on: February 18, 2019, 10:50:09 pm »
https://community.logitech.com/s/question/0D55A00008OsX3CSAV/update-to-accessing-harmony-hubs-local-api-via-xmpp

Don?t be alarmed guys! They added an option in the new firmware to enable XMPP when needed. It?s by default switched off, by following the steps in the link you can turn XMPP back on :)

Online rafale77

• Community Beta
« Reply #655 on: February 18, 2019, 10:51:26 pm »
https://community.logitech.com/s/question/0D55A00008OsX3CSAV/update-to-accessing-harmony-hubs-local-api-via-xmpp

Don?t be alarmed guys! They added an option in the new firmware to enable XMPP when needed. It?s by default switched off, by following the steps in the link you can turn XMPP back on :)

Yes but the vera plugin is now using websocket and no longer talking XMPP.

Offline Pabla

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #656 on: February 18, 2019, 10:54:54 pm »
Well then disregard that..  :-[

Offline lennier

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #657 on: February 18, 2019, 11:04:57 pm »
So how are the harmony mobile apps still working now if they use/used websockets? Have they changed the API?

Online rafale77

• Community Beta
« Reply #658 on: February 18, 2019, 11:11:57 pm »
From what I read at the end of the firmware fiasco, Logitech never planned for websocket (or XMPP) to be open as a local API. It is likely still there but now secured/encoded for the app. Instead they directed developers back to XMPP which will be the supported local API.

Offline lennier

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #659 on: February 18, 2019, 11:14:50 pm »
From what I read at the end of the firmware fiasco, Logitech never planned for websocket (or XMPP) to be open as a local API. It is likely still there but now secured/encoded for the app. Instead they directed developers back to XMPP which will be the supported local API.

Ah right. So basically going back to the xmpp version of the plugin and enabling xmpp on the hub via the mobile app should theoretically work?