We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Plugin: Harmony Hub Control  (Read 213938 times)

Offline lemrock

Re: Plugin: Harmony Hub Control
« Reply #675 on: February 22, 2019, 11:37:35 pm »
Looks like everything is back to normal with ver 3.6 and firmware 4.15.250.  One thing I did do before things got right was to block all the various Harmony related addresses at my router.  I don't know if there is a correlation,  I'll check that out later.

Offline reneboer

« Reply #676 on: February 23, 2019, 05:06:05 am »
Hi,

I have seen other reports of Hubs to stop working when all internet is blocked. In the 250 release it seems their mobile app talks more to some web servers than before, so maybe the hub now does too. I have not looked into that and Logitech for sure does not share any information.

For the last few months I do turn off the Hub for a few hours each night (using a z-wave plug of course) and it have been very stable since. However, if you want to do that you have to stop the polling before you do, and turn that back on a few minutes after you turned it back on. See this wiki topic for details https://github.com/reneboer/vera-Harmony-Hub/wiki/Polling-the-Hub

As a test I am not turning anything off now, and my setup has been running for three days without a problem.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline dj2020

« Reply #677 on: March 02, 2019, 02:38:49 pm »
Has there been a recent update to the plugin or the Harmony Control itself?  I'm getting the following error. I have already confirmed IP address and login credentials are correct.

Harmony Control : Hub connection set-up failed. Check IP Address, email and password

Offline dj2020

« Reply #678 on: March 02, 2019, 02:40:20 pm »
Sorry for last post.  Just saw the sticky. 

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #679 on: March 13, 2019, 11:18:24 pm »
Getting "Harmony Control.Can't Detect Device" error again.

Checked IP address, Username and Password. All good but do I need the port number in both Parameters and Variables?

Did Harmony lock it out again?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Offline reneboer

« Reply #680 on: March 14, 2019, 06:12:07 am »
Hi Sammy,

Sorry, but you will need to give some more information. Are you running the latest version of the plugin? What is the software version on your Hub? Did you check using the Harmony web app?

Cheers Rene.
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #681 on: March 14, 2019, 06:32:06 am »

Hi Sammy,

Sorry, but you will need to give some more information. Are you running the latest version of the plugin? What is the software version on your Hub? Did you check using the Harmony web app?

Cheers Rene.

For whatever reason the Harmony plugin is working now. It did have the wrong IP Address entered and maybe because I reset my router last week and I  entered it wrong. When I corrected the IP Address it didn't immediately connect but overnight it did. [Why are there so many places to enter the IP Address in the app?]

As a side note I had the same issue with my Enphase Solar Plugin but that connected too overnight.

For the record though:

Plugin version 3.6

VeraPlus version 1.7.4001

Harmony app works.

Offline Pabla

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #682 on: March 14, 2019, 02:10:35 pm »

Hi Sammy,

Cheers Rene.

For whatever reason the Harmony plugin is working now. It did have the wrong IP Address entered and maybe because I reset my router last week and I  entered it wrong. When I corrected the IP Address it didn't immediately connect but overnight it did. [Why are there so many places to enter the IP Address in the app?]

As a side note I had the same issue with my Enphase Solar Plugin but that connected too overnight.

For the record though:

Plugin version 3.6

Harmony app works.

upgrade your plugin to version 3.8 there was an update to the hubs that broke connectivity with the plugin, 3.8 corrected it.

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #683 on: March 14, 2019, 02:16:17 pm »

Hi Sammy,

Cheers Rene.

For the record though:

Plugin version 3.6

Harmony app works.

upgrade your plugin to version 3.8 there was an update to the hubs that broke connectivity with the plugin, 3.8 corrected it.

Oh.. I thought 3.6 fixed it but did Harmony bork it again?

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #684 on: March 14, 2019, 02:18:48 pm »
BTW, what is "Create Child Devices Embedded"?

Offline Pabla

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #685 on: March 14, 2019, 06:15:26 pm »
yea they broke It again

Offline reneboer

« Reply #686 on: March 15, 2019, 12:43:08 pm »
Hi,

The 3.6 version is Ok with the 4.14.250 Harmony Hub version, they have not yet released a newer one as far as I can find. The 3.7/3.8 has some enhancements & fixes. I would advice to update.

Cheers Rene