Author Topic: Aeon Labs Smart Switch Gen5 with Vera3  (Read 7659 times)

Offline 4integration

• Sr. Newbie
Aeon Labs Smart Switch Gen5 with Vera3
« on: December 02, 2014, 11:06:12 am »
Hi,

I just purchased two Smart Switch Gen5-ZW075-C16 to be used with my Micasaverde Vera3 but cannot get them included and getting an error
"Z-Wave device 121 Failed to setup security. Exclude and include again Z-Wave device 121 Failed to setup security. Exclude and include again Failed at: Getting secure classes"
I have tried to exclude/include again with the same result.

Have you got them working?
Any clue to get them working?

FYI I have mailed Aeon Labs but no answer yet.

Regards
Joacim

Offline Kullematz

Re: Aeon Labs Smart Switch Gen5 with Vera3
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 12:19:51 pm »

Offline 4integration

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 04:03:07 pm »
@Kullematz
Nope, I didn't, thanks for the info and as it seems Vera3(UI5) and Gen5 use incompatible z-wave revisions even though the last post indicate he got it working but a bit fuzzy.

I guess I need to return the devices but I will try the other post if @Nutron gained some valuable experience.

Offline 4integration

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 07:11:56 am »
I got this from Aeon Labs

You may need to update your Vera in order for the gen5 devices to work. Since Gen5 uses the Z-Wave series 500 chips, while Vera most likely uses an older version, Vera will need to add a function in there software to make the gen5 devices work with the gen5 Security command class. I would get in contact with Vera support team to see if there is a method around this issue.

@Micasaverde-team: Do you have any solution on this?

Offline jespolini

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 04:34:54 am »
Did you saw this about Aeon's new Gen5 products?
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,27211.msg194312.html#msg194312

Did you get them to work after firmware upgrade? Mine are added ok, and i can turn them on/off via GUI on VeraEdge Ui7.

But...not able to control them with Secure srt321 thermostat - so they are really no use as of to day. I have contacted Vera support serveral times about this (among other things), but nothing is really happening :-(

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 05:30:23 am »
Hi,

I have two Aeotec Gen5 Z-Wave plus smart switch devices connected and working on a VeraLite with Ui7. I have not tried on UI5/6 as the supplier info stated it needs UI7. It took me two attempts for one of the two, but the other worked well directly (well as usual leave it up over night before giving up). In the log files I do see a lot of error messages and warnings, but the on/off and energy metering work perfectly. Not sure if that are UI7 issues, or because these are Z-wave plus.

I guess they will work best on a VeraEdge as that has full Z-Wave plus support. When/if the VeraSecure really comes out I probably get one of those and will know for sure.

Cheers Rene.
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline 4integration

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 06:13:32 am »
No, I returned them. I don't want UI7 until it's stabilized and on/off and power metering must work

Offline jespolini

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 06:59:50 am »
I see.

On/Off and powermetering works fine in Ui7 now, but so far no luck with the thermostat-bonding :-) May be just the srt 312 that is acting up though.

Offline hmspain

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 10:38:05 am »
I wonder what the return rate is on Aeon Gen5 devices?  Given all the problems here, I would think it is high.

Are Gen5 devices (Zwave+?) supposed to work with plain Zwave controllers like VeraLite and Vera3?
VeraPlus, Nest Cameras (6), Siren, Hue Bulbs/Strips/Blooms (65), Fan Dimmer (6), Aeon 4-in-1s (10), Water Sensors (3), Z-Wave Switches (20), Nest Smoke/CO Protects (5), Ecobee 3, HEM Gen2s (2)

Offline slv-net

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 07:20:35 pm »
hello

I'm fight with pan06 gen5 2 way switch + ui7 (1.7.481).
Have You the same problems with update status in UI when switch on physical buttons ?

I had settings 'pool'ing in PAN master device - eh 1 sec.
But if I leave default pooling in z-wave settings of Vera (60s) I got updated status after... 60s.
How often ui/vera lite pool ? It seems it ignore per device setting and use global setting (settings->z-wave settings).
And... witch one is more important ? (settings from z-wave setting menu....)
"
Unless specified otherwise, poll each node at most once every XX seconds.

Poll a node every XX seconds.

"

After I set both to '2s' I got response in more or less 2s.

I need status to fire up scenes....

Best

Offline BoneyCheng

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 09:01:05 am »
For anyone using UI5 wanting to use the Smart Switch Gen5, take a look at Vesternets Guide by Martyn here: http://www.vesternet.com/resources/application-notes/apnt-89

Its a guide and tutorial to bypass the issues with Gen5 which works with both the Smart Switch Gen5 and Heavy Duty Smart Switch.

Offline bpratt

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2018, 07:54:30 pm »
Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I grabbed a couple of these to work on my Vera Plus system, and one works great, but the first one keeps losing connections, and I'm thinking because perhaps I set it up as a different smart switch by mistake.

Tried to unpair delete it, but it doesn't seem to want to 'forgotten' about

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2018, 07:46:33 am »
@bpratt does it happen to be ...much further away than the one it's working ? it doesn't really matter if it's added like another type of device, Vera should default it to it's type of device.
Our Customer Care can give you a hand  as well. Details in my signature.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline bpratt

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2018, 05:42:22 am »
@bpratt does it happen to be ...much further away than the one it's working ? it doesn't really matter if it's added like another type of device, Vera should default it to it's type of device.
Our Customer Care can give you a hand  as well. Details in my signature.

Thanks Sorin, I eventually deleted it from the system, and then added it back in.

I'm thinking that I might have added it as a normal smartswitch, i.e. the first one that came up the first time I installed it. I've now reinstalled it as the correct device, and so far it seems to be working 100%.

Haven't had a good chance to play with it, because we had a 18 hour blackout here.  :(

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2018, 05:53:09 am »
Uh Oh, even the "smartest" homes are grid dependent.

Glad to hear that you are back on track tho.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7