We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Change icons in Imperihome  (Read 3530 times)

Offline mickesanda

Change icons in Imperihome
« on: December 03, 2014, 04:06:50 pm »
Hi,
First of all thank you for a great app, it is by far the best remote for Vera.
I tried to change icons for a switch so that it better reflects the appliance, (e.g a star shaped window lamp).
I downloaded a png picture and created another one in Photoshop that looks lit.
I changed the default background icon in Imperihome and also changed the regular icon to the lit one. The size of the picture was 512x512px. The background icons looks distorted and whenever i turn the light on the regular icon appears, but it doesn't match the background icon.
Any suggestions on how i can make this work? Size of pictures? Is the background picture different in size than the regular icon?
I use a Sony Xperia Z2 Android 4.444 wall mounted landscape.
/Mike
VeraPlus UI7 1.7.4001, RFXTRX, 2 x HarmonyHub, HA-Bridge, 6 x Amazon Echo, Google Home, Fibaro dimmers and switches, Swiid, Ring DoorBell & cameras, Sonos, Yale Doorman, iKettle2.0 & Smarter Coffee, DSC 1616 with EVL3

Offline tomtcom

• Beta Testers
Re: Change icons in Imperihome
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 05:34:07 pm »
See this link...

http://www.imperihome.com/icons-submission/

It won't change based on device state without submitting it. That's the way I interpreted it.

Offline mickesanda

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 05:39:21 pm »
Thx for replying tomtcom, i read that article as well, however I highly doubt Imperihome and other users are interested in my personalized icons, that's why I didn't even consider submitting an icon. There is a limited amount of icons available, a few more wouldn't hurt.
/Mike
VeraPlus UI7 1.7.4001, RFXTRX, 2 x HarmonyHub, HA-Bridge, 6 x Amazon Echo, Google Home, Fibaro dimmers and switches, Swiid, Ring DoorBell & cameras, Sonos, Yale Doorman, iKettle2.0 & Smarter Coffee, DSC 1616 with EVL3

Offline tomtcom

• Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 06:06:31 pm »
Lol..yeah they wouldn't want mine either. I guess my point was you can't get the state or on off effect unless you submit to them.

I loaded an image from the gallery and auto sizing didn't distort it. So not sure but my photoshop skills suck.