We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Linear Corp LB60Z bulb  (Read 9205 times)

Offline hwve

Linear Corp LB60Z bulb
« on: December 04, 2014, 01:20:52 pm »
My Vera Lite is unable to find the manufacturer of this bulb, so it never finishes the configuration. 
I purchased the  subject LED light bulb and successfully included in my z-wave network. The controller is a Vera Lite with the latest firmware installed.
The light is operating as expected except for the fact that it does not seem to be able to find the manufacturer.  The error message is: Failed at: Please wait! Getting the manufacturer
It never succeeds and throws this error every time the unit is turn on or off.

Is there anything I can do to allow the controller to find the manufacturer?
Thank you for your help.

Offline Melloware

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Linear Corp LB60Z bulb
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 08:17:34 am »
I am having the exact same issue with VeraEdge using the latest UI7 firmware. I have a Leviton RZC03 dimmer and even though on the Device page it shows its a Leviton RZC03 I have no idea why it keeps displaying this error.

It has to be a bug in UI7.  Is there a place we can report bugs besides the forums?
Melloware Inc. Lightswitch - iOS/Android Client for ZWave
http://melloware.com

Offline hwve

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 09:54:51 am »
Yes there is.  You can open a ticket at MCV.  I have not done that, but since you have the same problem with a different device you may well be correct in you bug assessment.

Offline Melloware

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 01:52:15 pm »
Well I sent them a Support ticket with all the info about our problem and I referenced this forum thread.

Offline hwve

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 01:56:56 pm »
Good Idea.  Thanks.

Offline Melloware

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 09:20:59 am »
What seems to suck is this is not filling my log with "Device Had Error" then "Device back online"   Even thoguh the device is functioning just fine it just keeps reporting the "Failed getting manufacturer" line.  This is frustrating...

Offline nas4a

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 10:44:01 am »
I got my first device up and running on my Edge, a Leviton Vizia wall switch, and I'm getting the same issue.  It worked fine for 3 years on my old Vera 2 running UI 1 (I know...old)

Offline Melloware

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 10:46:06 am »
I reported it through tech support.  They wrote me back 2 days ago and asked me to "Enable" Remote tech support on my VeraEdge to which I did so they could debug the issue.  Since then I have not heard a peep.

I have a feeling it might be an issue with all Leviton based devices.  I have all Leviton Vizia switches and appliance modules as well.

Offline hwve

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2014, 11:38:38 am »
It is most probably something in the latest firmware or UI7.  I did not have this problem before I upgraded to the latest firmware and the latest UI7.
Hopefully they can figure it out.

Offline OliverLewis

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2014, 08:05:56 pm »
Reporting in...I have this exact same problem with a Schlage Lock (FE599NX). I have had many of these installed on many different bridges...and this is the first I have had this sort of problem.  It does nothing except tell me "failed at: please wait! getting the manufacturer" I hope they fix it soon because my lock (300 miles away) is useless until it is fixed.

Offline Melloware

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 08:28:22 am »
OK I just updated the Vera Edge to the latest firmware .906 released yesterday and now my device is just saying "Failed To Configure".  Are you guys seeing similar issue after updating the firmware?

Offline Melloware

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 12:14:20 pm »
Now it is back to "Failed at getting manufacturer". So it seems the latest firmware has not fixed the issue for me.

Offline tadr

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2014, 06:09:09 pm »
I'm having the same issue (Failed at Please Wait! Getting the manufacturer) on several Leviton VRI06-1LZ dimmer switches.  Every once in a while, through a combination of un-pairing and re-pairing, I can get one to fully configure.  These are all over my house, so this is a big problem. I can control on/off/dim functionality through the web UI of Vera, but the switches are not reporting status back to Vera and they are responding very slowly.

Offline jramz

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2014, 11:59:18 pm »
I am having the same issue on 2 Leviton VRF01-1LZ Vizia RF + 1.5A Fan Speed Controls

Is there a ticket number we can add our data to or something we can do to help MCV research the issue

Offline tadr

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2014, 01:29:35 pm »
I am having the same issue on 2 Leviton VRF01-1LZ Vizia RF + 1.5A Fan Speed Controls

Is there a ticket number we can add our data to or something we can do to help MCV research the issue

This appears to be a pretty big issue.  I just submitted a ticket on Vera's website, since I took my Edge offline.  I think we just need to let them know that many people are having this issue...