We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Linear Corp LB60Z bulb  (Read 8896 times)

Offline hwve

Re: Linear Corp LB60Z bulb
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2014, 09:46:31 pm »
I think that you are correct in that it is a big issue.  I don't think that it is limited to a certain manufacturer, so any newly added unit will exhibit this problem. 
How do you let MCV know that many people are having this issue?
I first raised this issue almost a month ago and no response from them yet.

Offline Melloware

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2014, 08:05:05 am »
I have been recommending to everyone on these forums to report the issue.  The more of us reporting it the more MCV must acknowledge there is an issue.
Melloware Inc. Lightswitch - iOS/Android Client for ZWave
http://melloware.com

Offline jramz

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2014, 10:42:35 am »
I think that you are correct in that it is a big issue.  I don't think that it is limited to a certain manufacturer, so any newly added unit will exhibit this problem. 
How do you let MCV know that many people are having this issue?
I first raised this issue almost a month ago and no response from them yet.

My GE/Jasco products continue to add correctly under the new UI7 .906 update. So it is not ANY newly added unit, but there are definitely certain manufacturers that are not working correctly. I have opened case number 75340 with MCV to address this issue and pointed them to this discussion thread.

Offline stylekyle

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2015, 01:22:16 am »
I tried adding this bulb to my Vera lite ruining UI5 and I am getting a similar configuration error, only for me it is saying it is failing at obtaining the version information. However the device seems to be functioning normally. Not sure if it will slow down the unit when polling it or if it may cause other issues. Given that I'm running the more stable UI5, I'm inclined to think this may also be an issue with this specific bulb. I wonder if Linear Linc customer service would be of any help. Might be an issue with this newer device.

Offline Eeyore

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 09:09:34 pm »
I have one Linear LB60Z bulb and it is stuck at "Device failed to configure". What is odd is that that it seems to functioning properly. I have several scenes and triggers and it responds to them all. I have 18 devices in my network (light switches and locks) and everything has always worked just fine. I purchased the Linear LB60Z last week and set it up a few days ago and it just sits on the mentioned error. I'm on UI5 1.5.622. I've had my Vera unit for over a year and never one issue... until this light bulb.

It seems some people think it's the firmware on the Vera and some the light bulb. Because I've never had an issue with any other device... ever, I'm thinking there is something up with the light bulb. I just haven't been able to figure it out yet. I've tried removing and re-adding it many times without any luck. I even did a "hard" reset on the bulb as mentioned in the instructions (turn the light on and off 4 times in 4 seconds). Hopefully someone in the community will figure it out.

I'm going to continue to use it for now, unless someone comes up with a reason not to. I purchased it from Amazon so I can always return it if the issue doesn't get resolved.

Offline tadr

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2015, 06:05:05 pm »
Someone from MCV should be remoting into my VeraEdge any day now to troubleshoot the Failed at Please Wait Getting the Manufacturer errors we've been seeing. I'll let everyone know what they say/do.  I haven't heard back from them for a few days now...

Offline hwve

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2015, 06:35:59 pm »
Please keep us posted.

Offline hwve

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2015, 06:02:39 pm »
Seems that the latest Firmware update fixed the problem of "Failed to get manufacturer".
I upgraded yesterday and the particular bulb does not report the error anymore although the parameter tab still does not list the manufacturer. Firmware version is 1.7.513

Offline Melloware

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2015, 08:20:02 am »
I have the latest firmware 1.7.961 and I am still getting the "Failed at: Please wait! Getting the manufacturer".  I am starting to lose hope the Edge will ever be anything of use.
Melloware Inc. Lightswitch - iOS/Android Client for ZWave
http://melloware.com

Offline oknessad

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2015, 10:36:13 pm »
Yep, I'm now having this as well. A few days ago I noticed that some scenes were not triggering based on turning on or off certain switches. I upgraded firmware to see if that resolved the issue and now it seems to be all switches. They respond fine within the web service, but hitting the switch does not update the web service and all indicate failed at getting manufacturer when I run a heal process to try to reconfigure all nodes. I'll put in a ticket as well to see if they can take a look. Things are usually pretty flawless but now it's a mess.