We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Excessive amount of red squares on Dashboard and Devices screens  (Read 2689 times)

Offline 325xi

• Global Moderator
  • V1, V2, still V2...
Excessive amount of red squares on Dashboard and Devices screens
« on: December 18, 2008, 10:15:25 pm »
Since the last device statuses overhaul I constantly see way too many red squares on Dashboard and Devices screens, both for polling and configuration jobs. Same device that was with green C would appear with red C, and vice versa.

If those are real failures, something has to be done about it.

In any case - if users can guess, or know, that red means 'failure' this high amount of red squares will make them think the system is highly unstable and cannot be trusted - not exactly the impression you'd like new users to get.
May be failures could be separated into 'critical' and 'expected' categories...

« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 10:17:28 pm by 325xi »

Offline micasaverde

Re: Excessive amount of red squares on Dashboard and Devices screens
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 07:53:44 pm »
The red 'c' meant "I couldn't configure it".  For battery operated devices and controllers, this is normal.  So in the new 404 firmware I posted, red 'c' means "there's a real failure", green 'c' means "it's configured".  Otherwise, it's a battery operated devices and will be configured later, or a controller which doesn't need configuration.

Offline 325xi

• Global Moderator
  • V1, V2, still V2...
Re: Excessive amount of red squares on Dashboard and Devices screens
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 08:54:54 pm »
I'm yet to see how it behaves in fw 404, but I was referring to regular switches, not battery operated ones or controllers.

UPDATE: something must've been fixed, as I don't see failures on the regular switches/dimmers anymore

Good job! :)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 01:50:12 pm by 325xi »