We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Change password for a basic user?  (Read 2049 times)

Offline aaron.wadzinski

Change password for a basic user?
« on: December 08, 2014, 12:24:37 pm »
I am trying to set up user accounts for my teenagers. I Added one of them in as a basic user. When I went to log in under the new basic user account, the password I set up did not work, so I simply used the "forgot password" procedure, and got a new password for that account via email. I was then able to login to that basic user account. When I went to change the password, while logged into the new account under :

Users & Account Info > Change Password

to something that was not sent via email. I get the message:

"You don't have permission to access this functionality."

So I then went and logged into my admin account, and tried looking for a way to change the Other user's password there, and don't see where I can do it there either...

So how can I now change a "Basic User" password?

Offline kelpayne

Re: Change password for a basic user?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 03:42:54 pm »
I just reported this same issue via e-mail.

Another issue for my "Basic User" is that he can operate devices (turn lights on/off) but gets that same denied permission error when trying to run a scene.

Are you observing the same behavior?

Thanks.

Offline mcgyver210

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 06:25:52 pm »
I had same issue & solved it by Temporarily changing the Basic User to an Advanced User & Admin long enough to change PW. I tried both to see if they both worked. It is weird but somewhat makes sense I guess if being used by a child.
Newbie Starting over soon due to total house fire loss
Vera Edge UI7 (Started with Vera3 UI5 - UI7) |Sclage BE469NX CAM 716, BE369NX CAM 716 | Kwikset 912TNL TRL ZW 11P SMT | Nest Plugin | Iris/Ge On/Off Switch| Iris Garage Door| More to come as wife lets me that is LOL

Offline kelpayne

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 12:44:28 am »
"It is weird but somewhat makes sense..."

I think you're being too kind.  :)   I feel it would make more sense if you could create a user, and assign a password that works from the start.

I'm not in dire need of my kid being able to change his password, so I'm going to wait and see what Support has to say about the issues, and if they have a legitimate fix (rather than a work-around).

Offline mcgyver210

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 10:07:30 am »
No problem but try to remember MicasaVerde is a foreign company.  As with most foreign companies they don't think exactly the same as Americans.

I will be curious to see what you find out but it wouldn't surprise me if you end up being told this is the way they intend it to be done based on my limited experience with their products so far.

Enough people ask about it may get it changed though.
Newbie Starting over soon due to total house fire loss
Vera Edge UI7 (Started with Vera3 UI5 - UI7) |Sclage BE469NX CAM 716, BE369NX CAM 716 | Kwikset 912TNL TRL ZW 11P SMT | Nest Plugin | Iris/Ge On/Off Switch| Iris Garage Door| More to come as wife lets me that is LOL

Offline kelpayne

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 01:39:18 pm »
mcgyver210:

Can your "Basic User" run scenes, as well as operate devices?  Just curious if you or anybody else might be running into this situation.

Thanks.

Offline kelpayne

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 09:07:22 am »
For those tracking this issue, I just got a message back from Vera Support.

"This is a known issue with the basic user and has already been reported to our development team and it should be resolved on the future updates."

So, we'll see what happens with the next release.  Stay tuned...