We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: AD2USB Plugin Causing Beeping/Chiming when a zone is tripped  (Read 1559 times)

Offline rnmullen

• Sr. Newbie
AD2USB Plugin Causing Beeping/Chiming when a zone is tripped
« on: December 08, 2014, 10:01:56 pm »
First of all, thank you all very much for an excellent plugin - this is really a great system.  That said, I have come across a difficult problem that I seriously cannot solve.  Essentially, whenever a zone is triggered, be it a door or motion detector, I get a single beep from all three of my keypads.  I have two partitions, but any activity on any of the partitions causes all of the keypads to emit this beep.  Strangely, unplugging the USB chord of the NuTech AD2USB from my Vera unit will stop all of the beeping.  I have tried suppressing all noise from the keypads, which has worked except for when Vera is plugged in.  I am truly at a loss.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Offline kevinnutech

Re: AD2USB Plugin Causing Beeping/Chiming when a zone is tripped
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 12:45:43 am »
You have disabled chime?  Code + 9 to toggle chime on and off.   Also make sure the sound bit is set to 0 in the keypad programming

Offline rnmullen

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 09:45:18 am »
I actually tried it with chime both on and off. Which sound bit are you referring to? I turned on sound suppression for all the keypads, meaning, after selecting the partition for each keypad, I chose option 3 in the *190, *191, *192, etc. programming menus. One of the ways I tested this issue was I walked in front of the motion detector for a bit, whereupon the keypad chirped basically each time my movement was detected. I then went to the Vera unit, unplugged the USB, went back to the same motion detector, and the chirping stopped. My only conclusion is that somehow the Ad2USB plugin is doing more than simply listening to the alarm zone information; rather, it must be somehow sending a signal when it detects a zone as faulted.

Offline kevinnutech

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 04:53:12 pm »
If the sound is suppressed from the keypads, including the ad2usb keypad then I would have to agree it's something else.   Does this persist if you hook the ad2usb up to a computer such as a laptop or something you can get close by to the ad2usb?  Eliminating the Vera from the equation but keeping the AD2USB in the equation will tell us if it's a configuration issue/device issue.

Offline rnmullen

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 02:32:37 pm »
In order to test this issue (regarding whether Vera is causing the chirping upon zone tripping), I removed the Vera and plugged the same USB into a laptop, i.e. I plugged the AD2USB into a laptop and ran the AD2USBgui software. The AD2USBgui was functioning properly (i.e. served as a functioning keypad and registered tripped zones). After doing this, all chiming/chirping stopped. My conclusion from this is that Vera must be causing the chirping/chiming.

Offline kevinnutech

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 05:47:45 pm »
Unfortunately so - maybe there's some sound configuration in the plugin somewhere

Offline rnmullen

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 09:54:41 pm »
I was able to fix the problem by upgrading the plugin to the latest version. While there are certain things I don't like about the latest plugin (particularly the fact that it sends too many notifications from a tripped motion detector), this is probably the best fix. Thank you for helping me investigate the issue.