Author Topic: UI7 - "Dear MiOS Development Partner" email  (Read 80970 times)

Offline Stuart

• Beta Testers
Re: UI7 - "Dear MiOS Development Partner" email
« Reply #270 on: March 09, 2015, 08:55:42 pm »
Stuart, I forwarded your post to the Dev Team to look at first thing.

Marc Shenker ▾ Training Manager

Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control
www.getvera.commarc@getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

Thanks -- Attatched is the JSON in question

andreimios

« Reply #271 on: March 10, 2015, 07:04:12 am »
Hi all,

Besides Device Simulator, we added in 7.0.5 new controls and new rules for positioning device controls for generic devices(plugin devices). Details can be found here :

http://wiki.mios.com/index.php/Luup_plugins:_Static_JSON_file#Position_device_controls_for_generic_devices

The rules for UI5 have not been changed and should not be affected by the new features added for UI7.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the delay in publishing documentation.

All the Bests,

- Andrei -

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #272 on: March 10, 2015, 07:46:48 am »
Hi Andrei,
The way UI7 is positioning things on the panel has been different in each release. I had to tinker for each to get it all to align right again. Even now the one x means one button width that applies to UI5 does not apply here, and it seems if you had something on a second row it is now all chained for as long as it fits. Not a problem as unless what you want to show is totally trivial you have to use a different JSON for UI5/6 and UI7 anyway. I do hope you will be sticking to this one for the future.

One issue that is still not fixed is that the variables tab are not using HTML input and because of that it has become impossible to use the variables tab to enter data because you will end up with invisible <br> characters in the variables and you cannot enter any HTML special characters. this means that for every plugin we now have to make a separate js to collect the required variables adding much coding effort to every plugin. It must be a trivial fix on your end and it was working correctly two releases back so please fix (asking for the third time here)

but, the layout does look more compact. Something many people asked for. now I'm going to play with that new JSON test functions.

Cheers Rene.
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #273 on: March 10, 2015, 08:28:32 am »
First finding on the JSON simulator.
1) the 'Open in Device Simulator' link on the Luup files page is not working for me. It shows an error 'Cannot read contents of ' for any I try.
2) it seems you must remove the definition for the other tabs and eventlist2 or you get an Invalid JSON error.

Other than that, it does safe time. Now have something for the device tabs control view and it is complete  :)

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

andreimios

« Reply #274 on: March 10, 2015, 12:39:51 pm »
Hi Rene,

One issue that is still not fixed is that the variables tab are not using HTML input and because of that it has become impossible to use the variables tab to enter data because you will end up with invisible <br> characters in the variables and you cannot enter any HTML special characters. this means that for every plugin we now have to make a separate js to collect the required variables adding much coding effort to every plugin. It must be a trivial fix on your end and it was working correctly two releases back so please fix (asking for the third time here)

Our web team worked hard to fix the bugs all of you reported and maybe this one was somehow missed by them. I will increase the priority for it and make sure it will be fixed in the next firmware release.

The way UI7 is positioning things on the panel has been different in each release. I had to tinker for each to get it all to align right again. Even now the one x means one button width that applies to UI5 does not apply here, and it seems if you had something on a second row it is now all chained for as long as it fits. Not a problem as unless what you want to show is totally trivial you have to use a different JSON for UI5/6 and UI7 anyway. I do hope you will be sticking to this one for the future.

I know that there was lots of changes on how controls are displayed, but from now on this is the way it should be.

1) the 'Open in Device Simulator' link on the Luup files page is not working for me. It shows an error 'Cannot read contents of ' for any I try.

Reported on our side.

2) it seems you must remove the definition for the other tabs and eventlist2 or you get an Invalid JSON error.

I don't think the eventlist2 is the issue here, I tried with the json for Lutron Keypad that also have eventlist2 in it and had no issue. Please send me the json you tried and I will do some debugging to see what is wrong.

Best Regards,

- Andrei -

Offline SirMeili

« Reply #275 on: March 10, 2015, 01:13:49 pm »
Marc, Colin, and/or Andrei,

The following is a bit off-topic, but all 3 of you are on this thread, so I am going to hi-jack it really quick.

I have a question about the "users" for UI7. If I recall correctly, you have to set up a new user account when you upgrade from UI5 -> UI7. However, you can't reuse your email address. Is this ever going to be addressed? I'd have to have to use a different email address if my last one will never be used again.

Thanks in advance (and sorry if this has already been addressed)
VeraLite (Live); ISY 994i (Live); Vera 3 (Waiting to replace VeraLite); Vera Edge (Waiting for all the bugs to be fixed); Xuan StackBox (Testing and waiting for more plugins and for it to mature)
Countless z-wave and insteon devices :D

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #276 on: March 10, 2015, 02:09:53 pm »

The following is a bit off-topic, but all 3 of you are on this thread, so I am going to hi-jack it really quick.

I have a question about the "users" for UI7. If I recall correctly, you have to set up a new user account when you upgrade from UI5 -> UI7. However, you can't reuse your email address. Is this ever going to be addressed? I'd have to have to use a different email address if my last one will never be used again.

I use the same email, username only the password has to be different in order to route properly.

Offline SirMeili

« Reply #277 on: March 10, 2015, 02:12:39 pm »

I use the same email, username only the password has to be different in order to route properly.

My mistake...it was username then that has to be different..since you have to log in from different places though, that requirement in and of itself seems kinda dumb to me(I don't think you can log into UI7 from cp.mios.com not UI5 from home.getVera.com). Perhaps the background login (apps) uses the same servers?
VeraLite (Live); ISY 994i (Live); Vera 3 (Waiting to replace VeraLite); Vera Edge (Waiting for all the bugs to be fixed); Xuan StackBox (Testing and waiting for more plugins and for it to mature)

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #278 on: March 10, 2015, 02:14:42 pm »

My mistake...it was username then that has to be different..since you have to log in from different places though, that requirement in and of itself seems kinda dumb to me(I don't think you can log into UI7 from cp.mios.com not UI5 from home.getVera.com). Perhaps the background login (apps) uses the same servers?

My user name is the same also. Only thing that is different is the password. I have vera's on both ui5 and ui7 right now. If I login into home.getvera.com but use my ui5 password it will redirect me to my only vera left on UI5.

Offline SirMeili

« Reply #279 on: March 10, 2015, 02:36:29 pm »
Ok, thanks @integlikewhoa, I'll shut up now....LOL

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #280 on: March 10, 2015, 05:26:43 pm »
Hi Rene,

Our web team worked hard to fix the bugs all of you reported and maybe this one was somehow missed by them. I will increase the priority for it and make sure it will be fixed in the next firmware release.

Thanks. I know you do as I again see one I reported you did fix. Tops. I will try finding them though  ;D

I know that there was lots of changes on how controls are displayed, but from now on this is the way it should be.
Great Thanks.

Reported on our side.

I don't think the eventlist2 is the issue here, I tried with the json for Lutron Keypad that also have eventlist2 in it and had no issue. Please send me the json you tried and I will do some debugging to see what is wrong.
I found it. One pesky comma too many. For some reason JSON lint did not trip over it.
Would it be possible to add a line number to the error message?

Best Regards,

- Andrei -

Cheers Rene
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 05:32:06 pm by reneboer »

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #281 on: March 10, 2015, 06:28:11 pm »
My email and user name are identical for UI5 and Ui7 as well. The only difference is the password. One has a 'special' character in it, the other does not.

I do believe the UI5 and Ui6/UI7 credential databases are different. (correct me if I am wrong Marc, Andrei?) So if you have userid XXYYZZ in UI5 but someone else has already registered userid XXYYZZ in Ui6/Ui7 then you are SOL. I was lucky that mine wasn't taken yet.
Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

Marc Shenker

« Reply #282 on: March 10, 2015, 07:25:49 pm »
My email and user name are identical for UI5 and Ui7 as well. The only difference is the password. One has a 'special' character in it, the other does not.

I do believe the UI5 and Ui6/UI7 credential databases are different. (correct me if I am wrong Marc, Andrei?) So if you have userid XXYYZZ in UI5 but someone else has already registered userid XXYYZZ in Ui6/Ui7 then you are SOL. I was lucky that mine wasn't taken yet.

UI6 and UI7 have a higher degree of security than UI5, the explanation is long, please don't make me explain it, and run off a different back ends. UI6 and 7 require more secure/complex passwords than IU5 did.

Offline Stuart

• Beta Testers
Re: UI7 - &quot;Dear MiOS Development Partner&quot; email
« Reply #283 on: April 20, 2015, 12:55:15 pm »
What about the bug tracking? Who's been working on this?

We are working on it, we have not forgotten about it. We are trying to create a system that works well for everyone. I will update everyone as soon as I have something to report. In the mean time I will give the everyone a nudge and remind them that the community has been waiting very patiently.

Marc --

Anything to report on bug fix logging / reporting ?  It's been a while now ......    It looks like the latest upgrade broke at least one thing (notifications in a scene case Luup to crash).

Marc Shenker

Re: UI7 - &quot;Dear MiOS Development Partner&quot; email
« Reply #284 on: April 22, 2015, 10:40:01 am »
Marc --

Anything to report on bug fix logging / reporting ?  It's been a while now ......    It looks like the latest upgrade broke at least one thing (notifications in a scene case Luup to crash).
[/quote]

Stuart, we are still working on it; integrating this with our current system is a challenge but I am confident that we can.