Author Topic: UI7 - "Dear MiOS Development Partner" email  (Read 80116 times)

macrho

Re: UI7 - "Dear MiOS Development Partner" email
« Reply #240 on: February 24, 2015, 11:57:07 am »
Looking good  !

Offline tiaanv

« Reply #241 on: February 24, 2015, 12:05:23 pm »
Promising stuff...
Vera Edge 1.7.961 - Follow me. I know exactly where I'm not going.
**CBUS Vera Interface plugin (creator),SmartSwitch (unofficial dev with permission)**

Offline dmckenna

« Reply #242 on: February 24, 2015, 12:23:51 pm »
Looks good Marc, thanks

Offline Stuart

« Reply #243 on: February 24, 2015, 12:38:40 pm »
@ Marc

I note with enthusiasm the announcement of the Device Simulator capability --

Two questions (1) Will it handle plugin specific variables which are used to display information on the front panel ?
(2) When will the mobile app have the capability to display such variables ?

Offline Otje

« Reply #244 on: February 24, 2015, 12:56:56 pm »
Thanks Marc

Good to see that this is being shared on this forum, appreciated.
VERA Plus, VERA 3 Lite , couple of PIR's, several switch units, wall mounted tablet, Sonos integration with TTS, Temperature sensors, Imperihome, Zwave LED bulbs

Marc Shenker

« Reply #245 on: February 24, 2015, 02:17:42 pm »
@ Marc

I note with enthusiasm the announcement of the Device Simulator capability --

Two questions (1) Will it handle plugin specific variables which are used to display information on the front panel ?
(2) When will the mobile app have the capability to display such variables ?

1. I will have to find out.
2. I do not have an ETA at this time but it is in the works.

Offline konradwalsh

« Reply #246 on: February 24, 2015, 03:02:05 pm »
Great step in the right direction!!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Offline gregl

« Reply #247 on: February 24, 2015, 03:39:17 pm »
What about the bug tracking? Who's been working on this?

Marc Shenker

« Reply #248 on: February 24, 2015, 07:44:21 pm »

We are working on it, we have not forgotten about it. We are trying to create a system that works well for everyone. I will update everyone as soon as I have something to report. In the mean time I will give the everyone a nudge and remind them that the community has been waiting very patiently.

andreimios

« Reply #249 on: February 25, 2015, 04:13:33 am »
@ Stuart

(1) Will it handle plugin specific variables which are used to display information on the front panel ?

Device Simulator tool will get all service files and variable found on json file loaded and will allow you to set values for these variables. So let' take as example an alarm partition device. You will display the arming state by "highlighting" the corresponding button on device front panel or by using a variable in json file. In both situations, we need DetailedArmMode variable from urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:AlarmPartition2 service. Setting a value for this variable in "States" tab will be reflected also in "JSON" tab. See attached screenshots.

Another detailed that will be added to Device Simulator and it was not mentioned yet is the URL sent by the UI when you interact with controllers form the front panel. This will be displayed in JSON tab under the simulated device (Screenshots attached also)

All the Bests,
- Andrei - 

Offline Colin Burke McClure

• SVP Product & Innovation
  • Administrator
« Reply #250 on: February 25, 2015, 02:57:25 pm »
I've been driving this deliverable, internally, with several other stakeholders and 3rd party solution providers. We're moving forward to a quick conclusion, along with a few other key announcements (mid-March) surrounding development community support and tools.
Cheers,

Colin Burke McClure
SVP Product & Innovation

MiOS  *  Puts You in Control
www.mios.com  *  colin@mios.com  *  +1 (888) 510-6467

Offline gregl

« Reply #251 on: February 25, 2015, 04:54:18 pm »
Thanks Marc and Colin for the updates.

Offline reneboer

« Reply #252 on: February 26, 2015, 05:37:15 am »
Hi Marc, Andrei,

Looks very promising and will sure save a lot of trial and error reloading.

One question, will it become possible to position your own variable(s) in the space between the icon and the right arrow as standard plugins do? It would be even better if then there would be no white space with nothing shown, i.e. if you only have the variable(s) next to the icon.

See the attached example. First is a standard device showing 100% value nicely. Second is a custom device using a negative top value to sort of move the value to the desired position, but showing much empty white space and the third is how a custom device looks using the UI5 compatible json. 

The idea is that this variable and measurement would also show in the app. You would make a lot of developers happy with this.

PS: please also fix how empty variables show on the Variables tab on Firefox, and please just use the HTML input type and not div so HTML special characters can be entered again in variables. Submitted this to support before the last release came out and again after the 7.04 release came out. It is causing a lot of issues and support requests for many of us now.

Cheers Rene
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 06:50:13 am by reneboer »
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline vosmont

« Reply #253 on: February 26, 2015, 05:56:30 am »
One question, will it become possible to position your own variables in the space between the icon and the right arrow as standard plugins do? It would be even better if then there would be no white space with nothing shown.

That could perhaps be done with a property 'Float' in 'Display'.
As standard devices (dimmer or switch), you would still have to set negative top value, but with float 'right', the button will then correctly be placed.

andreimios

« Reply #254 on: February 26, 2015, 08:42:32 am »
Hi Rene,

PS: please also fix how empty variables show on the Variables tab on Firefox, and please just use the HTML input type and not div so HTML special characters can be entered again in variables. Submitted this to support before the last release came out and again after the 7.04 release came out. It is causing a lot of issues and support requests for many of us now.

Our web team will investigate this issue and we hope it will be available in the next release.

One question, will it become possible to position your own variable(s) in the space between the icon and the right arrow as standard plugins do?

This will involve changes in lots of places in UI and for now, for generic devices (plugin devices), controls can be placed underneath the icon.

Best Regards,

- Andrei -