We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Universal app action builder  (Read 1644 times)

Offline mramgine

Universal app action builder
« on: December 14, 2014, 07:52:20 pm »
In the past i had requests that people would like to be able to create custom scripts that would do a set of actions similar to how you build scenes.  With the current app it was near impossible to build, however in the new implementation it is quite easy.  I thought i'd take this a step further in allowing you too not only create these but also attach them to tiles, nfc tags and geo locations.  The general idea is you setup an action with a description and a voice command (optional).  This will simplify the voice commands so they actual work reliably since you get to define the exact phrases.  Within an action you can build custom steps and chain them together to do things like turn on lights, set the thermostat, etc in whatever order you choose.   I've got everything but the geolocation stuff work now.

Thoughts?

My Z-Wave: 1x Vera (FW 1.0.979, Dongle 2.78), 1x Intermatic HA03C, 1x Intermatic HA05C, 1x Intermatic HA02C, 1x Wayne Dalton WDTC-20

Offline rarev

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Universal app action builder
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 04:59:01 am »
Sounds great. Almost unlimited possibilities. Making your own Vera too? 😊 I'm really looking forward to your app. Probably the first app on Windows Phone, that other platform users will be jealous off.

Offline skiz77

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 06:15:23 am »
Making your own Vera too? 😊

One could certainly hope.  Might have to start putting together some funding and hiring folks.

Offline mramgine

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 10:25:20 am »
Its funny.  I rarely ever use the web ui anymore. Its been horrid since UI6.  If only Microsoft would buy me.  You can dream.  :-)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 10:30:04 am by mramgine »
My Z-Wave: 1x Vera (FW 1.0.979, Dongle 2.78), 1x Intermatic HA03C, 1x Intermatic HA05C, 1x Intermatic HA02C, 1x Wayne Dalton WDTC-20

Offline skiz77

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 10:38:37 am »
What do you use?  It is horrid.  I think websites I wrote in 1995 were more usable.

Offline mramgine

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 11:07:56 am »
I only use my app 99% of the time.  I use the website only when i'm doing configuration related stuff.

Offline skiz77

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 01:18:53 pm »
Oh.  I was hoping to avoid that too.  I can't get anything but a few basic Z-Wave sensors configured reliably.  I did manage to get Vera to talk to my Honeywell Vista and did a celebratory dance when it pulled all the sensors in correctly.  But I had to resume banging my head on the desk when I realized it wasn't detecting any sensor state changes (e.g. IR or door opens then closes rather quickly), only panel/partition changes.  I'm pretty sure it is isn't because of the pretty great plugin, but because I have no idea what to look for in Vera's ridiculously slow UI.