We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Home Buddy - Android UI  (Read 121059 times)

Offline Michele

Re: Home Buddy - Android UI
« Reply #225 on: October 09, 2011, 01:22:43 pm »
I have a suggestion.  Home Buddy is great, but not optimized for large screen tablets.  With a screen height of 1024 on my Galaxy Tab, you could easily fit twice the number of rooms it displays now.  Lots of apps let the user select a font size.  That would be handy here.

Offline rakstar

« Reply #226 on: October 10, 2011, 05:47:50 pm »
I have a suggestion.  Home Buddy is great, but not optimized for large screen tablets.  With a screen height of 1024 on my Galaxy Tab, you could easily fit twice the number of rooms it displays now.  Lots of apps let the user select a font size.  That would be handy here.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll add it to the list.

I know I haven't released an update in a while -- I've been swamped with work lately and weekends have been busy as well.  I'll update the app as soon as I free up.  Thanks all for your patience.

Offline radarengineer

« Reply #227 on: October 13, 2011, 03:43:09 pm »

I know I haven't released an update in a while -- I've been swamped with work lately and weekends have been busy as well.  I'll update the app as soon as I free up.  Thanks all for your patience.

You provide a very nice app for free that many of us use on a daily basis (I know my wife and I certainly do). Certainly no complains from me! (although updates are also appreciated!) :)

Offline pmcbrandon

« Reply #228 on: December 07, 2011, 08:47:50 pm »
I installed a Vera2 (UI4) at my aunts home in madison, wi and the home buddy app on her samsung verizon phone. I do not know what model but it is a newer smart phone. She spends time in New Jersey and is calling me complaining that she cannot consistently control the vera2 with her samsung android phone. When she left for New Jersey everyting was working fine now it is catastropy. Look forward to the response, thanks.

Offline rakstar

« Reply #229 on: December 11, 2011, 02:07:07 pm »
@pmcbrandon have you checked my troubleshooting page?

https://sites.google.com/site/rakstar/homebuddy/troubleshooting

also, could she control it via mios?  if not, then it could have been a problem on their end.

Offline rakstar

« Reply #230 on: December 13, 2011, 11:25:32 am »
I've received one report so far that Home Buddy does not work with UI5.  I have not updated my Vera yet (looking to do so this weekend) but I was wondering if anyone else has upgraded and has problems.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #231 on: December 13, 2011, 12:08:10 pm »
It is working fine for me. Bare in mind that I am running 1.5.201 and not 1.5.233. So there may be some changes.

- Garrett

Offline mattwhit

« Reply #232 on: December 16, 2011, 03:18:09 pm »
Works fine if I'm on my local network... once I'm away from home, it will not connect via cellular data... 

UI5:1.5.236

Offline rakstar

« Reply #233 on: December 16, 2011, 03:57:01 pm »
Thanks for the reponses guys!

@mattwhit I wonder if it's the SSL cert issue again... perhaps Mios changed their cert.  Can you try the solution in the following thread?

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=4834.0

Offline mattwhit

« Reply #234 on: December 16, 2011, 05:12:32 pm »
I've had this issue in the past...
I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app...  Seems to be fine now with UI5... 
May have just been coincidental.  I'm using an EVO 3D 2.3.4 if that helps...

Thanks for the quick response and for the awesome app!!!

Matt

Offline alex09

« Reply #235 on: December 31, 2011, 03:30:40 am »
Just updated to  version: 1.5.254  on Vera 3. No issues to report. Works for both local & remote.
Homebuddy on Android 4.0.3, Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Offline lolodomo

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #236 on: March 23, 2012, 09:11:08 am »
Hi all

I like this application.

I see that alarm parititon device is managed. I have one question: is the comunication with the Vera box secure ? Does Home Buddy use HTTPS ?
To be clear, is the PIN code crypted when send from my Android phone to the Vera ?

The main thing that I would like to be improved would be an automatic refresh of the device. The official Vera Phone application has this feature. For example, I see temperature updates from my temperature sensors. Would it be possible with Home Buddy ?

Offline rakstar

« Reply #237 on: March 23, 2012, 10:13:29 am »
Hi all

I like this application.

I see that alarm parititon device is managed. I have one question: is the comunication with the Vera box secure ? Does Home Buddy use HTTPS ?
To be clear, is the PIN code crypted when send from my Android phone to the Vera ?

The main thing that I would like to be improved would be an automatic refresh of the device. The official Vera Phone application has this feature. For example, I see temperature updates from my temperature sensors. Would it be possible with Home Buddy ?

Hi, glad you like the app.

Home Buddy does use https over remote.

It is possible to implement auto refresh, I'm looking to include that in a future release (possibly the next one).  FYI, the next release is currently in beta -- see this thread for more info.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #238 on: March 23, 2012, 11:49:59 am »
Hi all

I like this application.

As rakstar has mentioned the connections outside of your network would use https. So all bits of information after the domain name in the https request would be encrypted (e.g. https://example.com/blahblah where blahblah would be encrypted). Just an fyi, there is no official vera phone application. I believe you were referring to ivera? This is an application developed by a 3rd party developer like rakstar.

- Garrett

Offline lolodomo

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #239 on: March 23, 2012, 02:59:43 pm »
Ok, good news for security.

The other application I was talking about is not named Vera Phone but Vera Mobile: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.veramobile.android&hl=fr
I don't know if its development is stil in live but that might be interesting to create a section for this application ?
Its main advantage is, in my point of view, its auto-refresh feature and its control of A/V materials (don't yet tested).