Author Topic: Home Buddy - Android UI  (Read 96503 times)

Offline reiserx

Re: Home Buddy - Android UI
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2009, 12:04:29 pm »
I just tried it on my G1 and I set it up to log on remotely then when I went to restart the app while it's trying to log on remotely it locks up and says "The application Home Buddy (process org.rakstar.homebuddy) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Then the Force close button.

Offline rakstar

• Home Buddy - Home Automation for Android and BlackBerry Playbook
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2009, 08:50:29 pm »
@reiserx: could you try hitting the following url in a browser substituting <username> and <password> with the proper values:

https://ra1.findvera.com/<username>/<password>/49451/data_request?id=user_data2&output_format=json

make sure that comes up, and if it does, would you mind sending me the output?  I don't think it contains sensitive information (anyone please correct me if I'm wrong), but that's the only way I can diagnose the problem.  You can email me at homebuddy.android@gmail.com.

Also, have you tried Local mode?  Btw, what Vera firmware version are you running?

Offline rakstar

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2009, 09:26:32 pm »
It is there, but gives error message that module is not signed properly

I tried signing with a new key but the Market didn't allow me to publish it so I just re-signed with the same key and published that.  I didn't do anything different so I'm not sure if that will resolve the issue.  Were you able to install it anyway?

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Offline reiserx

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2009, 01:54:12 am »
@reiserx: could you try hitting the following url in a browser substituting <username> and <password> with the proper values:

https://ra1.findvera.com/<username>/<password>/49451/data_request?id=user_data2&output_format=json

make sure that comes up, and if it does, would you mind sending me the output?  I don't think it contains sensitive information (anyone please correct me if I'm wrong), but that's the only way I can diagnose the problem.  You can email me at homebuddy.android@gmail.com.

Also, have you tried Local mode?  Btw, what Vera firmware version are you running?
The browser returned  {"ReturnString": "error"}
I'm using .616 still until they get the wifi client mode working with remote access with the newer firmware and out of beta.

I haven't tried local yet because I live about 20 miles from my Vera's.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 01:56:25 am by reiserx »

Offline rakstar

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2009, 09:55:26 am »
@reiserx: Thanks for the feedback.  I'm not sure how to handle this scenario...  other than upgrading to the latest firmware, one way to get it working with the current version of Home Buddy is to give your Vera a public IP, switch to Local mode, and manually enter the IP.  NOTE though that this is not secure -- this will allow anybody to  potentially view/control your devices.

Does MCV have any suggestions on how to approach this?

Offline rakstar

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2009, 07:11:03 pm »
@reiserx, sorry, i should have realized sooner that it's not a connectivity problem.  looks like it connects fine but because you have an older version of the firmware, the URL that i use to pull information is probably different.  unfortunately, to be able to use Home Buddy, you'll have to upgrade your Vera.  again, my apologies -- i don't know what i was thinking  :-[

Offline rakstar

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2009, 01:06:36 pm »
hi guys!  i just released v0.4 this morning adding home screen shortcuts.  you can now activate scenes directly from your "desktop".  enjoy!

Offline Maartenvt

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2009, 02:48:18 pm »
Only Scenes seems to work. Devices do not work. i see my devices, but i can't contole them. i have a HTC Hero
Vera Edge (Firmware rev. 1.7.2406), 1x Düwi INTERACT³ light switch, 1x  ZIR010 Motion Sensor.

Offline rakstar

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2009, 04:14:05 pm »
Only Scenes seems to work. Devices do not work. i see my devices, but i can't contole them. i have a HTC Hero

@Maartenvt, thanks for installing my app.  Home Buddy is a work in progress and I have yet to implement the ability to control specific devices -- that's close to top priority in my list of things to do though.  When I do get to that, I'll need the community's help... since I can only test with devices that I own (currently dimmers and thermostats), if you need support for other devices, I'll need some information from your Vera -- or please consider helping me buy more devices by making a donation.  You can do so from my Home Buddy site:

http://sites.google.com/site/rakstar/homebuddy

Thanks again! :)

Offline rakstar

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2009, 07:40:48 am »
Just posted a Home Buddy video tour: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6KLCRhs8qM

Offline 325xi

• Global Moderator
  • V1, V2, still V2...
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2009, 08:24:46 pm »
Still doesn't work for me - it for any reason it fails to connect, it gives me force close.
Unfortunately it attempts connecting right away, so I have no opportunity to go and change settings.

BTW,  if you google apps could make your site URL much shorter - rakstar.net and .org are still available ;)

Offline rakstar

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2009, 11:14:31 pm »
@325xi, try uninstalling then re-installing...  the first time it starts up, it should take you directly to the setup screen -- you should have seen this at least once.  My guess is that you did get this far once but configured it to connect to your prod instance which, according to your signature, is running v1.0.616.  If so, you probably have the same problem that reiserx did in this post:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=292.msg10061#msg10061

Unfortunately, Home Buddy only works with the Luup versions of the firmware (i'm running v1.0.979).  You might be able to control your v1.0.958 test instance though.  Sorry for the inconvenience, in my next update I'll make that clearer in the description.

Just curious, what's keeping you from upgrading to the latest firmware?

Offline rakstar

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2009, 01:04:56 am »
Hi All,

I just released v0.5, now with individual device control with support for on/off switches, dimmers, and thermostats.  Feel free to post bugs/comments/suggestions here.

Thanks.

Offline davedecali

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2009, 12:09:01 am »
Recently picked up Verizon motorola Droid and had your app installed the first day.  I have been waiting for devices to be controlled as well as scenes and I wasn't dissappointed.  I would have been more than happy to pay for such an app and its def a selling point for when I show off the Vera.

Nice work.

David

Offline 325xi

• Global Moderator
  • V1, V2, still V2...
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2009, 02:49:43 pm »
It doesn't show cameras yet, does it?