We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Home Buddy - Android UI  (Read 122163 times)

Offline 325xi

• Global Moderator
  • V1, V2, still V2...
Re: Home Buddy - Android UI
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2010, 11:55:21 pm »
That's great news! Android is the way to go.

Offline mversluis

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2010, 07:31:09 am »
found a little bug - or nice to have on future wish list :-)

There are a several devices / scene's that are set to hidden in vera. Becasue this would be motion sensor or something like that.

In home buddy there ar listed , even when vera stats hidden.

Quick reference is almost done and will be post soon.

Marco
An optimist is a person who sees only the lights in the picture,
 Whereas a pessimist sees only the shadows.  An idealist, however is one who sees the light and the shadows, but in addition sees something else:  the possibility of changing the picture, of making the light prevail over shadows.

Offline mversluis

« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2010, 07:54:39 am »
Just finished quick reference
it is just a simple version , you may downloaded it here.

http://mood-ledlight.nl/tmp/smartq5.zip

Have fun Marco
 Whereas a pessimist sees only the shadows.  An idealist, however is one who sees the light and the shadows, but in addition sees something else:  the possibility of changing the picture, of making the light prevail over shadows.

Offline rakstar

« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2010, 12:26:14 pm »
@mversluis: Awesome work!  Thanks for giving back to community.  Unfortunately, Vera currently does not pass along hidden device/scene information.  I've filed a bug to request that this be added:

http://bugs.micasaverde.com/view.php?id=768

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2010, 01:18:42 pm »
@rakstar, what call are you making for Device & Scene discovery?

If I make a [local] call like:

http://192.168.x.x:49451/data_request?id=user_data&output_format=xml

... or the JSON equivalent, it's showing Device entries like:

<Device_Num_51 Device_Num_Parent="1" Embedded="0" Disabled="0" UpnpImplFilename="" ID="8" IP="" MAC="" Description="HSM100" Room_Num="1" UpnpDevFilename="D_ComboDevice1.xml" Manufacturer="Ryherd Ventures" Model="Express Controls 3-in-1" Hidden="1" Category_Num="1" DeviceType="urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:ComboDevice:1" Synced="1">
<stateList>
<state_1 service="urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1" variable="ManufacturerInfo" value="30,2,1"/>
<state_2 service="urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1" variable="Capabilities" value="81,140,0,4,33,1|49,96:2,112,114,119,128,132:2,133,134,"/>
<state_3 service="urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1" variable="Neighbors" value="26,"/>
<state_4 service="urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1" variable="LastUpdate" value="1262956390"/>
<state_5 service="urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1" variable="PollSettings" value=""/>

and Scene entries like:

<scene_3 Description="Family Button 1 - Lamp" Hidden="1" Timestamp="1260757892" Room_Num="0">

<Device_Num_9 Timestamp="1260757892">
<event_1_1 name="Family Button 1 - Lamp" Enabled="1" argument_1="1"/>
</Device_Num_9>

<Device_Num_10>
<group_1 cmd_1="" Delay="0"/>
</Device_Num_10>
</scene_3>

Offline rakstar

« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2010, 01:33:07 pm »
@guessed, I use a similar url, except instead of id=user_data i call id=user_data2 as per the following wiki page:

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/UI_Notes#Building_a_control-only_UI_for_Vera

Thanks for pointing this out.  I added a note to the bug report for the Vera devs.

Offline 325xi

• Global Moderator
  • V1, V2, still V2...
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2010, 11:53:30 pm »
I'm starting to think user_data2 is broken, as this is yet another problem that doesn't occur in user_data (the first is that cameras appearing in user_data are not always returned within user_data2 response).

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2010, 12:00:28 am »
Given their content, it's likely they're intended for different purposes.  user_data is about 2.5x the size of user_data2, which is significant if you're talking to a mobile device. 

They dont appear to no gzip-Compress this stream, which would really benefit mobile devices.  Pity.

Maybe just read user_data "at startup" of the CP, for structure settings, then use user_data2 from then on for faster data updates...

Just a thought....

Offline mversluis

« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2010, 02:35:57 am »
Just a idea ;

Would it be possible to create a advanced setup tab.
Within those tab you can listen direct all devices, scenes and floor.
With a checkbox the user would be able to set the state to visible or hidden.

On this way it would be very easy to use a multiple device with android in seperate rooms, and in the room you´re able to controll only the room environments.

futhermore I would like to see in the tab device´s you can change the device state. herby there will be a popoup coming up to change.

Within the smart q , I must hit the " + " sign to get back , maby I would be possible to set some timeout on the popup screen.

Just my 2 cents in the early morning :-)

Marco

Offline michaelk

« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2010, 02:44:26 pm »
Hi Guys!  Sorry for the hiatus but I've been very busy with my day job and haven't had the time to update Home Buddy.  I will try to get it working with the latest Vera firmware and add some more functionality.  A couple of things I had in mind are Locale integration and a widget to activate scenes -- if anyone has other suggestions, please post, I'd love to hear them!  Thanks.

i LOVE this app. THANKS!!!

For some reason on my droid I can't connect to findvera (need to investiage more but i get a certificate error so i clock ok but then it tlls me the sever failed to comminucate...) so this helps much. But actually i think i prefer it to web access anyway.

On suggestings . A locale plug in would be cool. The other ideas for organizing or hiding hidden things sounds great too. Maybe the ability to toggle a device by widget- but that's really minor since I can just create a scene to handle one deivce and then do the widget for that scene.

thanks again.

ps- wI'll head over to the paypal donate in a minute- but just a thought- i see some devs make an app in the market to donate- maybe you can do that? It would make it easier for us lazy folks to toss you a few bucks.  ;-)

« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 02:51:21 pm by michaelk »

Offline reiserx

« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2010, 06:29:58 pm »
@michaelk the findvera works good if you goto the correct page. I had the same problem when trying findvera.com/mo which use to work with the pre luup firmware. ThenI finally figured out if you go to findvera.com/mobile it works great. Make sure you have the smartphone plugin installed under Devices -> Luup Plugins -> Install/uninstall plugins.

I like the way Home Buddy works with it's simplistic approach except I need it to work with the doorlocks and that isn't happening yet.

Offline rakstar

« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2010, 12:09:51 am »
@michaelk Thanks so much, your donation is greatly appreciated!

I don't have a Droid but I think I read somewhere that it has problems with SSL, not sure if that's been fixed... I'll do some research.  Ok, let me preface this by saying THIS IS NOT SAFE, but if you really need remote access to your Vera from your Droid, one workaround is to open a port in your firewall that forwards to port 49451 on your Vera, set Home Buddy to Local Access mode and manually enter the IP as <your public IP>:<your public port>.  Again, this is NOT safe and anybody who knows your IP and port will be able to view/control your devices even without your Vera username/password -- don't say I didn't warn you.

I like the way Home Buddy works with it's simplistic approach except I need it to work with the doorlocks and that isn't happening yet.

@reiserx Unfortunately the doorlocks are beyond my budget right now, but if you give me a copy of your user_data2 (omitting any sensitive information), I may be able to add support for it.

Offline reiserx

« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2010, 12:51:00 am »
rakstar your going to have to tell me how to find that user_data2. Is it in the logs or something.

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2010, 11:17:16 am »
@reiserx

http://192.168.x.x:49451/data_request?id=user_data2&output_format=json

OR the following if you want it in XML...

http://192.168.x.x:49451/data_request?id=user_data2&output_format=xml

...on "opening ports to the Internet"...  Please DONT do this.  This might seem obvious, but from what I've seen you can do a lot more damage than just controlling your home from outside ;)

Offline markbannister

« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2010, 12:08:50 pm »
Thanks for the app!
Quick question, I downloaded the app and it worked immediately on local mode w/o asking for a password.  I was logged on to the vera via network at  the time.
How can it access the Vera without a password?