We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Alternative code for handling TRVs (StellaZ and Danfoss)  (Read 29745 times)

Offline mikee123

Re: Alternative code for handling TRVs (StellaZ and Danfoss)
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2016, 03:31:13 am »
The process was relatively easy. Put the 2 controllers next to each other, transfer the controller (in the settings), the install a backup from the Vera 3 (UI7). Thats all. I had to upgrade my Vera 3 to UI7 before. The problem with the TRV's as all other battery devices was they all had errors. In the meantime I found the 'configure node right now' button, nothing worked. Since the my TRV's seem to sort of work, I'll have to check my Vera Alerts messages to see but at least some of them change their setpoints now. And I am using your code (latest version).
The only thing not responding to setpoint changes is my Secure SRT321 room thermostat, which is my master thermostat so thats a real pain. There are no errors, and it is reporting temperature and setpoint. Just not accepting any setpoints.
So I've got a lot further since my last message, but it took quite a bit of tinkering and help from the forum

Offline dunked

« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2016, 04:43:29 am »
I don't have a secure thermostat so can't give any advice on that. If I remember correctly you're using pre-emptive timers on the TRV code. With the extra cpu power that a Vera plus has you might be able to use wakeup catching, which I find much better.

Offline mikee123

« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2016, 01:56:05 pm »
I have had erros in lua scenes, I think might have been caused by the lua code I used to change the setpoints. I first tried my Secure thermostat, and have Vera change the setpoint. All of a sudden, it worked, and it seemed to work well too. I have changed everything now to just using Veras change setpoint, for my StellaZ's as well. As I am still configuring my Vera ALerts, I cannot say yet how well this is working. But I think if it doesnt I go back to the wakeup catching I had before your code. See how it all works. Thanks for you rhelp, it is appreciated.