Author Topic: Aeon Gen5 Key Fob ZW088-A not communicating with Vera.  (Read 19456 times)

Offline additude

Re: Aeon Gen5 Key Fob ZW088-A not communicating with Vera.
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2016, 11:20:30 am »
I followed all the details in this thread from pairing to Luup code edits and I have a working Key-FOB on a Vera-Plus controller.

Thanks!
If you want something that you have never had before, then you are going to have to do something that you have never done before.

Offline pmnb

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2016, 04:49:35 pm »
I figured out how to fix it. The keyfob is setting the value "sl_SceneActivated" which is what Vera is looking at for the scene number incorrectly. It's setting "LastSceneID" to the right button.

So I created a new .json file for it called D_SceneControllerAeon5.json which is a copy of D_SceneController1.json but in the file I edited the line which contained "sl_SceneActivated", and replaced it with "LastSceneID", and then edited the advanced tab in the device to contain "D_SceneControllerAeon5.json in the device_json param.

Step by step:
1. Goto APPS
2. Click Develop apps
3.Click Luup Files
4a.Download "D_SceneController1.json" from there and edit the line as described, and save as "D_SceneControllerAeon5.json" OR...
4b. Download the pre-edited file attache to this post.
5. Upload the file into Luup files.
6. Goto the device page and choose advanced options
7. Set 'device_json' to "D_SceneControllerAeon5.json"
8. Reload luup engine/reboot vera.

This will make the buttons map correctly.

Here are the UI5 files and instructions for jsondag's scene number fix.  Note that there is an extra step because on UI5, you can't directly change the JSON file that a device uses through the standard device UI.

Step by step:
1. Goto APPS
2. Click Develop apps
3.Click Luup Files
4a.Download "D_SceneController1.json" and change the text "sl_SceneActivated" to "LastSceneID", and save as "D_SceneControllerAeon5UI5.json" OR skip to 4c.
4b.Download "D_SceneController1.xml" and change the text "D_SceneController1.json" to "D_SceneControllerAeon5UI5.json", and save as "D_SceneControllerAeon5UI5.xml"
4c. Download the pre-edited file attached to this post.
5. Upload both of the modified files into Luup files.
7. Set 'device_file' to "D_SceneControllerAeon5UI5.xml"
8. Reload luup engine/reboot Vera.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 05:18:35 pm by pmnb »
Author of TCPLighting plugin

Offline jjwatmyself

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2016, 11:46:40 pm »
I figured out how to fix it. The keyfob is setting the value "sl_SceneActivated" which is what Vera is looking at for the scene number incorrectly. It's setting "LastSceneID" to the right button.

So I created a new .json file for it called D_SceneControllerAeon5.json which is a copy of D_SceneController1.json but in the file I edited the line which contained "sl_SceneActivated", and replaced it with "LastSceneID", and then edited the advanced tab in the device to contain "D_SceneControllerAeon5.json in the device_json param.

Step by step:
1. Goto APPS
2. Click Develop apps
3.Click Luup Files
4a.Download "D_SceneController1.json" from there and edit the line as described, and save as "D_SceneControllerAeon5.json" OR...
4b. Download the pre-edited file attache to this post.
5. Upload the file into Luup files.
7. Set 'device_json' to "D_SceneControllerAeon5.json"
8. Reload luup engine/reboot vera.

This will make the buttons map correctly.

Here are the UI5 files and instructions for jsondag's scene number fix.  Note that there is an extra step because on UI5, you can't directly change the JSON file that a device uses through the standard device UI.

Step by step:
1. Goto APPS
2. Click Develop apps
3.Click Luup Files
4a.Download "D_SceneController1.json" and change the text "sl_SceneActivated" to "LastSceneID", and save as "D_SceneControllerAeon5UI5.json" OR skip to 4c.
4b.Download "D_SceneController1.xml" and change the text "D_SceneController1.json" to "D_SceneControllerAeon5UI5.json", and save as "D_SceneControllerAeon5UI5.xml"
4c. Download the pre-edited file attached to this post.
5. Upload both of the modified files into Luup files.
7. Set 'device_file' to "D_SceneControllerAeon5UI5.xml"
8. Reload luup engine/reboot Vera.

I have been doing battle with a Minimote. You are legendary!  On UI5, this was a tough one.  I also:

1. Changed NumButtons from 4 to 8 (ignore the Deactivate buttons 1-8)
2. Poll this device every 0 seconds
3. Variable 250 1 byte Dec = 1

I finally have a working Minimote!

Activate Scenes 1,3,5,7 are Short Press for buttons 1,2,3,4
Activate Scenes 2,4,6,8 are Long Press for buttons 1,2,3,4

Here are two scenes that I wrote that are useful for thermostats that support heat and cool:

Code: [Select]
# Scene 1:
local DevID_Therm = 11
local EnvStatus = luup.variable_get("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_UserOperatingMode1", "ModeStatus", DevID_Therm)

luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_UserOperatingMode1",
                   "SetEnergyModeTarget", {NewModeTarget = "Normal"},DevID_Therm)

if (EnvStatus == "CoolOn") then
   luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Cool",
                   "SetCurrentSetpoint", {NewCurrentSetpoint = "74"},DevID_Therm)
elseif (EnvStatus == "HeatOn") then
   luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat",
                   "SetCurrentSetpoint", {NewCurrentSetpoint = "68"},DevID_Therm)
end

# Scene 2:
local DevID_Therm = 11

luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_UserOperatingMode1",
                   "SetEnergyModeTarget", {NewModeTarget = "EnergySavingsMode"},DevID_Therm)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 09:25:15 am by jjwatmyself »