We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: tablet to replace alarm clock and control Vera?  (Read 1923 times)

Offline alden

• Sr. Newbie
tablet to replace alarm clock and control Vera?
« on: December 19, 2014, 08:28:30 pm »
I am replacing an old INSTEON installation and I'd like to replace the wireless controller (that controls my lights) and an alarm clock that is currently on my night stand.  Do any of the Android apps available offer this type of functionality (Vera control and alarm clock)?  I'd love to just put a cheap Android tablet on the nightstand to replace both (and give me the added functionality of being able to do so much more).

Offline RHINESEL

Re: tablet to replace alarm clock and control Vera?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 11:22:34 pm »
Not all in one, but Kaloer Alarm Clock was my favorite alarm clock app when I was running Android. Pair that with Authomation HD and you have a great nightstand setup.

Offline alden

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 03:15:58 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion - I'll take a look at it.

Offline Big Moose

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 06:24:59 pm »
I am replacing an old INSTEON installation and I'd like to replace the wireless controller (that controls my lights) and an alarm clock that is currently on my night stand.  Do any of the Android apps available offer this type of functionality (Vera control and alarm clock)?  I'd love to just put a cheap Android tablet on the nightstand to replace both (and give me the added functionality of being able to do so much more).

I've looked at tons of alarm clock apps and never found one that included the ability to launch 'user selected' apps from within. Kaloer is great but is just too busy for me.

I settled on Lucid Dreams, which I am very happy with. It runs as a daydream and is therefore always on top when the tablet times out. Highly customizable (fonts, colors, weather, newsfeeds, alarms, inbox, etc) but I like to keep the display simple.

Re-purposed a 1st gen Kindle Fire rooted to KitKat to run the show. Double tap the screen and Imperihome is underneath - perfect!

Offline tomgru

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 11:32:51 am »
I settled on Lucid Dreams, which I am very happy with. It runs as a daydream and is therefore always on top when the tablet times out. Highly customizable (fonts, colors, weather, newsfeeds, alarms, inbox, etc) but I like to keep the display simple.

seems to be a ton of "lucid dreams" versions... which one are you using?

Offline Big Moose

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 07:56:38 pm »
It's "Lucid - Daydream Screensaver" by j4velin