Author Topic: Plugin: Say The Weather: Update 1.7 Released Feb 3, 2015  (Read 40025 times)

Offline JoeyD

Re: Plugin: Say The Weather: Update 1.2 Released Dec 31, 2014
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2015, 07:31:37 am »
Before we try and troubleshoot can you verify:

1) Are you using UI5 or UI7?
2) Version of Sonos plug-in that you have installed.
3) Version of Wundergroud Weather app you have installed.
4) Without using "Say the Weather", you can successfully use the text to speech feature of the Sonos plug-in?

Thanks!

Offline hippieh8er15

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2015, 07:53:49 pm »
Before we try and troubleshoot can you verify:

1) Are you using UI5 or UI7?
2) Version of Sonos plug-in that you have installed.
3) Version of Wundergroud Weather app you have installed.
4) Without using "Say the Weather", you can successfully use the text to speech feature of the Sonos plug-in?

Thanks!

I'm using UI5, sonos plug in version 1.3, weather underground version 1.57.  The text to speech function is working correctly on all devices.  When i click the button from the devices page it says lua failure.  If i click it from within the device it says device communication failure.

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2015, 08:07:04 pm »
Thanks.  I have not tested this with UI5 but I'm not sure why that should make a difference  I'm not home at the moment but I'll put together a modified implementation file with some log writes that can help us find the issue.

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2015, 10:26:19 pm »
One more question...when you click the button from within the device, does the text of the forecast appear to the right of the button?  (Or do you just get the communication error message, and that's it?)

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2015, 10:47:15 pm »
Attached is an updated implementation file into which I have inserted several log writes throughout the Say The Weather action.  Please apply this to your Vera. and report back on the log entries that you see after pressing the button.  (You could just filter on levels 01, 02, and 50 and that should be sufficient something like

Code: [Select]
tail -f LuaUPnP.log | grep "^01\|^02\|^50"
If none of this makes any sense to you (have never viewed log files before) let me know.

Offline jmutnick

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2015, 01:27:56 pm »
What command needs to be executed to refresh the value in CompleteWeatherStatement? 

When I execute this, the value is not always updated:  luup.call_action("urn:joeyd-com:serviceId:SayTheWeather1","SayTheWeather",{PrefixStatement="Good Morning!",SuffixStatement="Have a nice day!",IncludeLocation="false",IncludeCurrentConditions="true", IncludeForecasts="01"},57)

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2015, 03:04:44 pm »
The value in CompleteWeatherStatement should always update every time that you call that action.  However, that is one of the last things that is done before the action finishes.  So if there is an error during the execution of the code prior to finishing, then the value will not update.

The value is updated just prior to sonos being issued the Say command, so if you can hear the statement on Sonos, then the variable is updated.  If you can't hear it over sonos, then some error must have occurred.

Offline mikee123

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2015, 03:35:18 am »
I love the idea of this plugin, I just posted a question on the tasker forum of how to achieve my tablet reading the weather forecast (or just the current weather) to me. I do not have sonos, but I can use Vera Alerts tts engine to have my tablets read messages to me.
Would it be possible to add Vera Alerts notifications to your plugin, so instead of sonos it would send it to Vera Alerts ?

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2015, 07:32:19 am »
I am not sure how vera alerts works, but I can look into it.

The next version of Say The Weather (that supports pushing of weather alerts) depends on a new version of the weather app that guessed is putting together and testing.  Once the updated weather app is published (and then I subsequently publish the Say The Weather update), I'll look into how it can be integrated with Vera Alerts.

Offline jmutnick

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2015, 12:29:58 pm »
I got it to work with Vera Alerts by dabbling in some code:

luup.call_action("urn:joeyd-com:serviceId:SayTheWeather1","SayTheWeather",{SuffixStatement="Have a nice day!",IncludeLocation="false",IncludeCurrentConditions="true", IncludeForecasts="01"},57)
luup.sleep(10000)
local sMessage = luup.variable_get("urn:joeyd-com:serviceId:SayTheWeather1", "CompleteWeatherStatement", 57)
luup.call_action("urn:richardgreen:serviceId:VeraAlert1", "SendAlert", {Message = sMessage, Recipients = "Android"}, 14)

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2015, 12:30:57 pm »
Perfect...that's exactly why I exposed the "CompleteWeatherStatement" variable. :)

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2015, 12:37:36 pm »
FYI the next release of Say The Weather will automatically refresh the complete weather statement every time the weather information is updated from the weather app, so you can be confident that the accessing the statement will be based off the most recent data.

Offline hippieh8er15

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2015, 07:54:32 pm »
Ok so I upgraded to UI7 trying to get this to work.  I uploaded the file you posted, but for the life of me i can not figure out how to access the log on UI7.  I am no longer getting any errors with UI7, but I am also not getting any sound to play when i hit the button.  I did retest the TTS and it is still working.  I will keep trying to figure out how to get to the log in UI7 until then these are the settings i have set does anyone see any errors?

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2015, 11:15:50 pm »
Can you post the luup script you are using to say something directly with the sonos app?

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2015, 11:51:42 pm »
Quote from: hippieh8er15 link=topic=29522.msg213927
.... until then these are the settings i have set does anyone see any errors?

I just noticed something and was able to reproduce it.

Please try this...in your Say the Weather Settings change "google" to "GOOGLE" (all upper case), and then do a luup reload.  (Go to Apps-->Develop Apps -- > serial port config-->Reload Luup button.

After everything reloads / refreshes (press F5 to refresh your browser), go to your Sonos device (TTS tab) and try to say something.  If successful, then go to say the weather and try and say the weather.

I noticed that the sonos app does not apparently like "google" (lower case)...and once you try and say something with that (in lower case), the sonos app does not recover until a luup restart....at least not on my unit.

If this is indeed the issue then in my next release I will force the engine to be all caps if google is the entry.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 08:57:18 am by JoeyD »