Author Topic: Plugin: Say The Weather: Update 1.7 Released Feb 3, 2015  (Read 42769 times)

Offline JoeyD

Re: Plugin: Say The Weather: Update 1.2 Released Dec 31, 2014
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2015, 09:03:25 am »
I got it to work with Vera Alerts by dabbling in some code:

I just noticed a modification that should be made to your code.  Say The Weather has a "DontSay" argument that should be used if you don't have or want to send the text to sonos TTS engine.  So I would amend your first statment to:

Code: [Select]
uup.call_action("urn:joeyd-com:serviceId:SayTheWeather1","SayTheWeather",{SuffixStatement="Have a nice day!",IncludeLocation="false",IncludeCurrentConditions="true", IncludeForecasts="01",DontSay="true"},57)
Again, in the next version you won't even need to make a call to the sayTheWeather action.  You can just set up your defaults they way you want to, and then simply access the CompleteWeatherStatement variable...it will always contain the latest information without having to call the action.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 09:11:37 am by JoeyD »

Offline jmutnick

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2015, 03:53:27 pm »
Thanks.  I believe I have DontSay set to true in the defaults.

Offline hippieh8er15

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2015, 07:23:26 pm »

Please try this...in your Say the Weather Settings change "google" to "GOOGLE" (all upper case), and then do a luup reload.  (Go to Apps-->Develop Apps -- > serial port config-->Reload Luup button.

nope that didnt work.

Attached is an updated implementation file into which I have inserted several log writes throughout the Say The Weather action.  Please apply this to your Vera. and report back on the log entries that you see after pressing the button.  (You could just filter on levels 01, 02, and 50 and that should be sufficient something like

Code: [Select]
tail -f LuaUPnP.log | grep "^01\|^02\|^50"
If none of this makes any sense to you (have never viewed log files before) let me know.

Here is my log i filtered it down to the 50s i didnt see any 01 or 02, all the data is there though if you unfilter it.  I'm not the best at reading this stuff but it looks like it finds the correct sonos device number just fine and then aborts for some reason after that.

10      01/16/15 18:00:06.542   Job::m_eJobStatus job job#45 : dev:129 (0x1883af0) P:50 S:3 dataversion 452158111 <0x1883af0> m_eJobStatus Aborted after 0.9231000 seconds callback:0 <0x2aead000>

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2015, 08:57:38 pm »
Thanks...I'll have a look at this tonight and see if anything seems out of sorts. In the mean time version 1.58 of the Wunderground weather app was recently released. Please make sure you are upgraded to that version...that will be required for the next release of Say The Weather.

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2015, 10:36:53 pm »
Ok, i have an idea of what might be happening.  Please load the attached file and give it another shot.  If it's still not working, please capture another log.

Thanks for your help in getting to the bottom of this!

Offline hippieh8er15

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2015, 11:11:04 am »
Ok, i have an idea of what might be happening.  Please load the attached file and give it another shot.  If it's still not working, please capture another log.

Thanks for your help in getting to the bottom of this!

Still didn't work, but looks like its making progress lots more 01/02 codes this time.  I filtered it down the same way with 01,02, and 50 but all data is available if you expand it out.

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2015, 11:41:15 am »
Do you by chance have multiple weather app instances installed?  (Reporting on weather from more than one location?)  I think that is the issue...I have not contemplated that situation.  I'll have to make additional changes to accomodate.

You can try the attached file and see if it works...this is just to confirm that this is the issue.  You won't be able to pick which weather station you want to "say" (it will essentially just pick random data from the stations you have), but it should then at least say it.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 11:46:15 am by JoeyD »

Offline hippieh8er15

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2015, 12:33:55 pm »
Do you by chance have multiple weather app instances installed?  (Reporting on weather from more than one location?)  I think that is the issue...I have not contemplated that situation.  I'll have to make additional changes to accomodate.

You can try the attached file and see if it works...this is just to confirm that this is the issue.  You won't be able to pick which weather station you want to "say" (it will essentially just pick random data from the stations you have), but it should then at least say it.

That did it!  I have no idea why, before I uploaded that file I went back and uninstalled everything reporting weather and reinstalled WU and your app just to be sure.  It still didn't work after that, but as soon as i uploaded that XML file it worked perfectly.  The only thing I can think is that I have a couple humidity/temperature sensors reporting around the house/outside is it possible it is garbing data from those?.  If you want/need testing for anything else just let me know this is a great app!

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2015, 01:01:14 pm »

That did it!  I have no idea why, before I uploaded that file I went back and uninstalled everything reporting weather and reinstalled WU and your app just to be sure.  It still didn't work after that, but as soon as i uploaded that XML file it worked perfectly.  The only thing I can think is that I have a couple humidity/temperature sensors reporting around the house/outside is it possible it is garbing data from those?.  If you want/need testing for anything else just let me know this is a great app!

Your help in debugging this was much appreciated!   That is exactly the problem.  My code was picking up all temp and humidity devices instead of just those that are child devices of the weather app and it was getting "confused". I will update my code to fix that.  (The code you have now works, but is just a temporary work around. For current conditions  it may be pulling in data from those sensors and not the weather app, just be aware).

The next release will have the fix in place.

Thanks again, and enjoy the app!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 01:02:53 pm by JoeyD »

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2015, 12:38:24 pm »
Version 1.5 has been submitted to mios for app store approval.  Updates include:

• Fixes the issue that hippieh8er15 encountered if you have non weather - app sensors.
  • Added support for alerts.

Proper alert support requires version 1.58 or later of the Weather Underground app.  That version was released this past Thursday (Jan  15th).  Please upgrade your weather app if it has not already automatically done so.

Formal documentation of how the Alert functions work will be posted soon...but you can reference this post which describes how they work.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 12:41:24 pm by JoeyD »

Offline JoeyD

Re: Plugin: Say The Weather: Update 1.5 Released Jan 19, 2015
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2015, 11:07:26 am »
Version 1.5 is now available from the MiOS Marketplace / App Store.

Offline charlesrg

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2015, 11:52:01 pm »
Great job, this plugin is great. Really love it.  Thank you very much, you just made me so happy. No need grab variables and put phrases together.
I owe you a big beer.

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2015, 07:31:08 am »
Glad you're enjoying it!    :D

All...sorry I still haven't gotten around to fully documenting the alerts feature, but it's on my to do list.  (Hopefully it's fairly self-explanatory anyway...)

Offline spudjr

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2015, 04:34:11 pm »
Will this new version still work on UI5
Thanks

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2015, 04:56:16 pm »
The plug-in itself should still technically work.  However, the UI itself may be difficult to navigate through / buggy.

I will have a development UI5 device (courtesy of the folks at Vera) sometime early next week.  Once I have that I'll be able to properly test / adjust the UI so that it is fully compatible with UI5.   Until then I'm not exactly sure what kind of experience you'll have.  Fortunately, it shouldn't be too long before I can formally support UI5.