We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Universal App Beta Signup  (Read 4359 times)

Offline mramgine

Universal App Beta Signup
« on: December 21, 2014, 05:57:13 pm »
Assuming no unforeseen issues arise, i think i'll have a beta ready very soon.  If you are interested send me an email (amginecreations@gmail.com) and i'll add you too the list.  To be clear this will be a universal app, so it will only work on windows phone 8.1 (there will be a windows store app later).  If your phone is not 8.1 you can download the developer preview from the store that will allow you to get those updates.  Just keep in mind that this will be very much beta software so expect things to break, not work, be incomplete, etc.  Thanks.

Spencer  :-)
My Z-Wave: 1x Vera (FW 1.0.979, Dongle 2.78), 1x Intermatic HA03C, 1x Intermatic HA05C, 1x Intermatic HA02C, 1x Wayne Dalton WDTC-20

Offline mramgine

Re: Universal App Beta Signup
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 12:15:11 am »
The beta is now available on the store.
My Z-Wave: 1x Vera (FW 1.0.979, Dongle 2.78), 1x Intermatic HA03C, 1x Intermatic HA05C, 1x Intermatic HA02C, 1x Wayne Dalton WDTC-20

Offline skiz77

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 06:13:27 am »
What is it called?  I'll give it a try.

Offline mramgine

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 10:24:19 am »
You can't search for it in the store, since its a beta.  You will initially access with a direct link.  If you want to check it out you can send me an email with your winphone email as mentioned in the first post.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 10:29:01 am by mramgine »

Offline comment23

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 02:15:02 pm »
Let us know when you are ready for feedback on the beta,  I've been mentally collecting..

Offline mramgine

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 02:55:43 pm »
General feedback is welcome anytime.   Once i stabilize it more bug reports will be more useful, but if you have something weird happening let me know.  Thanks.

Offline tomgru

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 02:58:59 pm »
this is just such a nice improvement!  I LOVE how the camera views (and other devices) stay within main screen, per se.  Really nice work so far!

I'd love to see similar control for things like Sonos (that's still pretty clunky :-)), etc.  But all in all, I love where this is going.  Can't wait to see what you end up doing for a Windows 8.1 tablet/PC view!!!!!  My request as you think towards that end as well... Dashboard views!!!!! it's the one thing I love about Imperihome that keeps me coming back.

Also, I notice that my Alarm plugin is supported.... but when it try to "arm", it doesn't give me a keypad to put in the passcode. 

But seriously, this is really nice!  Great work.  keep it up.

Offline mramgine

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 03:18:01 pm »
The goal is to make the desktop UI work very similar.  I figured i'd get an initial beta out for users to play with while i work on the desktop related UI and other stuff.  I'll actually take a look at the sonos plugin and see if i can integrate at least some of its functionality into the next beta update.  You've been asking for Sonos for a while now.  On UI6+ is it the "Sonos Controller" app? :-)

Offline mramgine

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 04:41:55 pm »
General Sonos support will be in the next update.

Offline mramgine

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 10:28:47 pm »
Better Alarm Partition support will be in the next update.  Now actions that have multiple parameters will render properly.

Offline rarev

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 05:09:00 am »
I really like it so far. Found some minor bugs.
Maybe it would be nice to just tap the icons with switches to toggle instead of the menu opening.

I'd like to see a possibility to customize the view. Dread and drop the devices so they can be grouped in any way I like.

I have two devices I'd really like to see supported. One is already coming: Sonos. Don't need every setting. Just need play, pause, next and volume. Although it would be nice if grouping was possible, especially as an automated step. Bonus points for selecting a source and 'say'. The other one I like to see supported is the house modes plugin.

BTW these are just suggestions. Probably not the right timing, when still working on the beta.

Offline mramgine

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 11:09:48 am »
Thanks for the suggestions

- The original app allowed quick actions for switches and whatnot that i will probably still implement.  Thats why they currently don't do anything when you click them.
- I probably won't be able to do the drag/drop functionality because that make things quite complicated to manage.  You can sort the data multiple ways and can change the view to look at the data several different ways.  Currently you can create one set of favorites, but that will be expanded to allow custom lists of favorites sometime in the future.
- I'll have to look into the sonos advanced stuff, but no guarantees.
- I'll implement the house modes plugin.

Offline tomgru

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2015, 12:42:19 pm »
General Sonos support will be in the next update.

Awesome... is there any way to have two buttons side by side to fit more in the screen?  and how about a slider for volume because it looks cool?  😉

Offline mramgine

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2015, 02:19:42 pm »
Currently i don't have an easy way to do buttons like that but its something i've been thinking about along with supporting icons on buttons.  The camera control is the only one like that since it is custom.  I'm trying to minimize writing any custom UI's for devices if possible and driving as much from pure meta data.  As for the volume control the slider won't be possible because the service that handles this doesn't have an action for directly setting a volume value.

Offline rarev

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2015, 04:37:10 am »
As for the volume control the slider won't be possible because the service that handles this doesn't have an action for directly setting a volume value.

Set the volume on Sonos plugin:
urn:upnp-org:serviceId:RenderingControl:SetVolume

Pretty please....