Author Topic: UI7 VM  (Read 1703 times)

Offline amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
UI7 VM
« on: December 23, 2014, 11:33:08 am »
Has anybody ( MCV or 3rd party developper ) managed to have a simulation VERA running in a VM for instance ? even if zwave would not be functional, it could be good for plugin & layout testing for instance.

Offline hmspain

Re: UI7 VM
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 11:53:23 am »
Has anybody ( MCV or 3rd party developper ) managed to have a simulation VERA running in a VM for instance ? even if zwave would not be functional, it could be good for plugin & layout testing for instance.

Fun project; I wondered this also.  What SW are you using to support the virtual machine?
VeraPlus (1); Cameras (6), Sirens (2), Hue Bulbs/Strips/Blooms (42), Fan Dimmer (6), Aeon 4-in-1s (10), Water Sensors (3), Z-Wave Switches (20), Nest Smoke/CO Protects (5), Nest Thermostat Gen3 (1), HEM Gen2s (2)

Offline amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 11:29:30 am »

Fun project; I wondered this also.  What SW are you using to support the virtual machine?

I was just wondering if anybody had done that. it could be a good cheap way for MCV to hand test units to developpers instead of actual hardware. the virtualizer host could be MS Hypervisor on windows , a VMware player or some other ( oracle has one too I think )
once the image is done all MCV would need is to ask people to install vmplayer and give them a preinstalled image with either the latest UI5 or UI7 and we could test.  or someone in the community strong enough in the ux distribution that vera uses ( not my case unfortunately :-( )

Offline mcalistair

• "Luctor et Emergo"
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 12:39:09 pm »
I think you mean a emulator instead of a VM.
Hypervisors like MS, VMware an others are build for the X86 (64bit and or 32bit) CPU.
Veras run on MIPS SoC CPU not on X86

So if you want to run the Vera/Mios/OpenWRT on a X86 you need a MIPS SoC Emulator that "translates" MIPS SoC instructions to X86 instructions.

This might give you a kickstart:   http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/Emulators

Cheers
1x Vera3@UI5 = PROD (1x Edge@UI7 = SandBox ), 15x ZWAVE Devices, 8x 'legacy' X10 devices controlled via Visonic PowerMax Alarm Panel Plugin, 5x Philips HUE devices, 1x iTach IP2CC, 1x Netatmo Weather Station, AltUI

Offline airedale

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 12:11:30 pm »
So run the Emulator in a VM... I think amg0's request is a good one.

My plugin does not require zwave and has been a pain to work on in UI7 because I am running into issues with it and it is breaking the rest of my functional HA system.