We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: UI7 and the new Geofencing and Mode options in Android  (Read 22312 times)

Offline eroeberoe

Re: UI7 and the new Geofencing and Mode options in Android
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2015, 07:23:28 pm »
Thank you, that sounds promising however I don't believe my router is open source nor do I have access to its startup.  (Verizon Fios)

Whats the 2nd best solution?  :-)

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2015, 07:35:02 pm »
Buy a DD-WRT compatible router and use that. They start as low as $30 for a remanufactured  Linksys E2500 at eg TigerDirect.

See the DD-WRT website for more info (http://dd-wrt.com/site/index)

They have a database of compatible routers (http://dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database)
Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

Offline Jamr

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2015, 11:22:57 pm »
Almost a year later Vera starts advertising their geofencing is working, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E95BECwde1Q
I still can not get it to work and Vera sends me this.

NOV 30, 2015  |  04:29AM PST
Johnny replied:
Hello Jerry and thank you for contacting Vera Support,

I would like to let you know that Geofencing works properly if your unit runs on the latest firmware version, but at the moment we are aware of this, and full geofence will be added in the final release of the mobile apps, but I don?t have an ETA at the moment when will be released the next mobile apps update.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Regards,

Johnny ▾ Customer Care Advocate
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control
www.getvera.comsupport@getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

How am I doing? Please email my manager, Daniel Stefan (daniel_stefan@getvera.com), with your feedback.

#WTFVera?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 11:27:14 pm by Jamr »

Offline embeeded

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2016, 09:33:47 am »
Any update?
Does this feature work on the latest firmware version?

Offline Inzax

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2016, 12:38:35 pm »
From reading the release notes on the latest firmware version there is no mention of any geo fence tweaks that I saw.
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline raftheunis87

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2016, 01:41:25 am »
I was experimenting with geofencing as well (I followed the instructions from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E95BECwde1Q).

Here's what I did:

- I've created 2 user accounts (one for me and one for my wife).
- Installed the Vera Mobile app on my iPhone 6 and used my credentials to log on.
- Installed the Vera Mobile app on my wife's iPhone 6 and used her credentials to log on.
- In the Vera Mobile app on my iPhone: Settings -> Geofencing -> Added a geofence on my home location (radius 100m) -> Checked "Notify" -> Checked "This is my home".
- In the Vera Mobile app on my wife's iPhone: Settings -> Geofencing -> Added a geofence on my home location (radius 100m) -> Checked "Notify" -> Checked "This is my home".
- In the Vera UI 7 configuration: Arrow next to "My Modes" -> checked "Set house mode to HOME when at least one user is at home" -> checked "Set house mode to AWAY when nobody is at home"

This should be everything, right?

At this moment, when we are leaving the house together, we both get a notification from the Vera Mobile App that we are exiting. However, the "Mode" does NOT change to away. What should I do to get this working?

Hardware: Vera Edge
Firmware: 1.7.1707

App (iPhone): Vera

Offline raftheunis87

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2016, 10:03:35 am »
This is the answer I got from Marc (Vera):

We are experiencing some issues with geofencing triggering events in the manner that it should. The enter and exit notifications should work but it won?t necessarily change the mode or trigger a scene. This issue is on the back end not in the app. We are working to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Offline Jamr

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2016, 11:49:06 am »

We are experiencing some issues with geofencing triggering events in the manner that it should. The enter and exit notifications should work but it won?t necessarily change the mode or trigger a scene. This issue is on the back end not in the app. We are working to get this resolved as soon as possible.

This has been a problem for well over a year now and it has never worked for me. Yet they advertise it is working.
They told me in an earlier email it was their mobile app.

Offline raftheunis87

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2016, 01:33:36 am »

This has been a problem for well over a year now and it has never worked for me. Yet they advertise it is working.
They told me in an earlier email it was their mobile app.

That's a shame... So in the meantime, we can't use geofencing to change the house mode?

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2016, 02:09:24 am »
Well you can just not veras crappy app. You can use other geo fences, ping sensor or the onlythink that seems to work on a crapple device theiPhone locator plugin

Offline raftheunis87

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2016, 03:17:58 am »
Well you can just not veras crappy app. You can use other geo fences, ping sensor or the onlythink that seems to work on a crapple device theiPhone locator plugin

Thanks for the suggestion. Will have a look at the iPhone locator plugin then... I'm seriously considering to move towards Domoticz on my Synology NAS because of the crappy Vera software...

Offline amg0

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2016, 04:05:02 am »
you may try IPhonelocator and ALTUI before you move... :-)   just in case !

Offline raftheunis87

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2016, 04:49:31 am »

Man, you're awesome! Thanks a lot for the iPhone locator plugin! It works like a charm!

I've just installed it, added my iPhone from my iCloud account and checked "Participates in House Mode".

Now my UI7 House mode is Away :-) Very neat!

Offline amg0

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2016, 06:03:45 am »

Man, you're awesome! Thanks a lot for the iPhone locator plugin! It works like a charm!

I've just installed it, added my iPhone from my iCloud account and checked "Participates in House Mode".

:) cool.   try ALTUI someday, you wont regret it I think

Offline Pseudomizer

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2016, 06:18:32 am »

Great to see it is working on iPhones but the thread subject is "Geofencing in Android". ;-) In a nutshell I read that Geofencing is NOT working on UI7 properly and hasn't been working for over 1 year now. :-(
Vera 3, RFWC5AW, 2 x LFM-20, FS20Z, 3 x YRD220ZW619KWKD, 2 x FI9826W, FI9828P, 2 x NEST Gen2, EVL-3CG, 11 x BR30, 3 x A19 Hue, Media Srv, 18 x ZW4004, 8 x ZW3003, 12 x ZW2002, IP2IR Cache, 2 x DSC24, ZWN-SC7, 4 x PIR-ZWAVE2, DSB05-ZWUS, RS100-HC, ECO-TILT-US, Ribu1C, 3 x GE12721, 2 x Echo, ZW078-A