Author Topic: iBeacons in Use  (Read 1140 times)

Offline jemboogie

• Sr. Newbie
iBeacons in Use
« on: December 30, 2014, 09:07:11 pm »
Hi everyone.

I was just wondering how you guys are using your beacons (if you have some). I have three Estimotes, two of which I'm using to open the garage door when I drive up. I have one affixed to the mailbox and one in my car. I use PLEG and a couple multiswitches to work out all the logic. I don't have a use for the last beacon yet.

How are you guys using the iBeacons? Additionally, how's your experience been with them? I've found I have to ramp up the advertising rate and turn on my phone to the lock screen when we are driving up to get them to respond.

Thanks.

Offline jpete7683

Re: iBeacons in Use
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 04:07:37 pm »
I used to use them on the outside of my home to unlock my door as I approached the home.  Also I put one in my bed room and did some math around how long my wife and I were in the room and had it shut down the home if it was past a certain time of day and we were in the bedroom for more than 60 minutes.  Just some thoughts.  Also added some to my kitchen and it would turn on the lights as long as it was dark outside and the same in the living room.
I am the developer of iViri.  iViri is available in Apple Store.  Check out its Voice Control and Geofence integration, which causes less battery drain than the other options for locating an iphone.