We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: My Modes and Nest  (Read 1730 times)

Offline bsteimel

• Sr. Newbie
My Modes and Nest
« on: December 31, 2014, 10:14:00 am »
I am noticing that when setting any of the modes in Vera they are not effecting Nest. I have set them up in the mode descriptions but when I set home, away, night, or vacation Nest does not update. Is anybody else experiencing this issue? Are there any known fixes available?

I can update nest when i use the direct device to change heat or cooling temperatures.

Offline RoChess

• Sr. Newbie
Re: My Modes and Nest
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 12:48:03 am »
Install the app "HouseModes Plugin"

Create scene "Nest Mode Away" (or however you want to call it)

Device Trigger -> "Whenever the House Modes Plugin..." -> "The House Mode Has Changed" -> to: "Night"
Device Action -> Nest (the one that has the Home/Away configured) -> change to "Away"

And that will do it (indirectly).

Hopefully Nest developer has time soon to work on his plugin for UI7 with the new Vera3 firmware, so that configuring this via dashboard modes works as-is.

Offline bsteimel

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 11:53:01 am »
Yes that is what I finally did to compensate.  It seems to be working well now using that app plus scenes to automatically trigger

Offline watou

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 10:09:10 am »
I added this issue to the plugin source in GitHub: https://github.com/watou/vera-nest/issues/39

Offline hwve

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 03:39:07 pm »
I added this issue to the plugin source in GitHub: https://github.com/watou/vera-nest/issues/39

Hello watou,
I have been following this thread and finally got to the end.  I got to the github site with all the files, but do not know how to get these files in your nest plugin.  Can you please steer me in the direction where I can find how to do that?
I appreciate it.