We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Aeon Labs Home Energy Monitor - Crazy High Wattage  (Read 1665 times)

Offline l8nighter

Aeon Labs Home Energy Monitor - Crazy High Wattage
« on: January 08, 2015, 12:40:52 am »
I just purchased the Aeon Labs HEM v1 from Amazon for $30.  I applied firmware to 3.67 and it paired just fine with my Vera.  I have it connected via USB power and everything is updating every 30 seconds but for some reason they are extremely high wattage numbers as seen in the screenshot.  Does anyone know what causes this problem and what the solution might be?  I have tried just about every configuration variable and have looked all through the forums.  My co-worker bought a v1 as well as his is also having the same problem so I doubt I got a bad HEM.  Thank You

Offline FireBird

Re: Aeon Labs Home Energy Monitor - Crazy High Wattage
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 09:06:11 pm »
I also bought one and mine is working great with these settings from this post...

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,28646.msg212432.html#msg212432

Hopefully they also work for you.

Offline l8nighter

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 09:57:01 am »
Thanks FireBird, I tried those settings and its updating the numbers but they are still crazy high.  I even tried the LUUP command to reset the meter and the KWH which is does (back to 0) but the Watts still stay high.  Anyone have any other ideas?  Thank You

Offline l8nighter

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 11:53:03 am »
I finally found this post (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=22472.0) and this solved my issue.  The key was adding variable 255 to reset the HEM and then removing that line once the numbers were reporting correctly.  For some reason this post didn't come up in my previous searches.  I created my own install documentation so I thought I would share it with others on the steps I took.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 11:01:09 pm by l8nighter »