Author Topic: OpenSprinkler Plugin Update for firmware 2.1.3+  (Read 30112 times)

Offline Ramias

Re: OpenSprinkler Plugin Update for firmware 2.1.x
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 07:31:33 am »
New unified firmware just posted.

This means the same plugin should work for all platforms.

https://opensprinkler.com/forums/topic/announcing-opensprinkler-unified-firmware-2-1-3-for-avrrpibbblinux/

But the password string is handled differently.

It now requires and md5 hash of the password instead of the clear text.  Not sure how this will work with the Vera plugin since it is winter here and my sprinklers are still disabled.

you can use the fciv.exe tool (Search and download from microsoft) to generate an md5 hash easily on Windows.  Or maybe the plugin can be changed to take the password in clear text and send it in md5?

New features are sunrise/sunset control on the sprinkler controller.

Offline brucehvn

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2015, 04:33:39 pm »
New unified firmware just posted.

This means the same plugin should work for all platforms.

https://opensprinkler.com/forums/topic/announcing-opensprinkler-unified-firmware-2-1-3-for-avrrpibbblinux/

But the password string is handled differently.

It now requires and md5 hash of the password instead of the clear text.  Not sure how this will work with the Vera plugin since it is winter here and my sprinklers are still disabled.

you can use the fciv.exe tool (Search and download from microsoft) to generate an md5 hash easily on Windows.  Or maybe the plugin can be changed to take the password in clear text and send it in md5?

New features are sunrise/sunset control on the sprinkler controller.

Wow, this is great news.  I'll have to download it and put it on my OS so I can test with it.  This should make my job much easier  :)

Bruce

Offline johnes

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2015, 08:04:36 pm »
The new plugin seems to be working great... although it is winter and won't be able to actually test for a while, it seems to work.   It only detected zones 1 and 2, but after I updated the list, it pulled in all the info from the others.

Thanks!

Offline brucehvn

Re: OpenSprinkler Plugin Update for firmware 2.1.3+
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2015, 09:48:17 pm »
I've updated the first post with a new I_OpenSprinkler1.xml file.  This should now work with the new unified firmware 2.1.3 and above and hopefully will work with no tweaks on the OSPi.  Because they now use a MD5 hash on the passwords, this new file will only work with firmware 2.1.3 and later.  If you aren't ready to update your firmware, then don't upload this new version of I_OpenSprinkler1.xml.

Bruce

Offline kyle.dawson

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2015, 10:23:44 pm »
Just tried plugin with new file, getting new error:

OpenSprinkler : Error manually controlling valve Bad Status Code: 404

OSPi
Software version: 2.2.30 (2015-02-21)

FYI.. In Florida, so I can do any testing you like.. 75 here today  :)

VeraPlus UI7(1), Sonos(3), GE Switch(25), GE Dimmer(1), GE Zwave Outlet(3),Aeon Labs Z-Wave Smart Energy Switch(1) , MimoLight Garage Door(1), MimoLight  Door Bell(1), Foscam Camera(8), Enerwave Z-wave PIR Sensor(1), Aeon Labs Z-Wave Multi-Sensor(2), Fibaro Motion(6), Honeywell Thermostat(2)

Offline brucehvn

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2015, 10:40:43 pm »
Just tried plugin with new file, getting new error:

OpenSprinkler : Error manually controlling valve Bad Status Code: 404

OSPi
Software version: 2.2.30 (2015-02-21)

FYI.. In Florida, so I can do any testing you like.. 75 here today  :)

Hi Kyle,

I'm not sure what the software version 2.2.30 refers to, but in order for this to work, you would need firmware 2.1.3 which is the new unified firmware for all versions of OS.  In the "About" portion of the software, it should say something about what firmware version you are running.  Check out the post here which was just posted today.  The 2.1.3 firmware is considered beta for the OSPi.  It may be completely different than what you are running on there now.

Bruce

Offline kyle.dawson

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2015, 09:30:43 am »
I think there may be other UI on the PI versions.   Here is the one I have:

http://rayshobby.net/mediawiki/index.php/Python_Interval_Program_for_OSPi

Attached is my UI.  Maybe I have the wrong UI?
VeraPlus UI7(1), Sonos(3), GE Switch(25), GE Dimmer(1), GE Zwave Outlet(3),Aeon Labs Z-Wave Smart Energy Switch(1) , MimoLight Garage Door(1), MimoLight  Door Bell(1), Foscam Camera(8), Enerwave Z-wave PIR Sensor(1), Aeon Labs Z-Wave Multi-Sensor(2), Fibaro Motion(6), Honeywell Thermostat(2)

Offline brucehvn

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2015, 01:21:05 pm »
I think there may be other UI on the PI versions.   Here is the one I have:

http://rayshobby.net/mediawiki/index.php/Python_Interval_Program_for_OSPi

Attached is my UI.  Maybe I have the wrong UI?

Yes, I think the new unified firmware is different than the python version you are using.

Bruce

Offline kyle.dawson

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2015, 11:32:23 pm »
I was able to get the beta version installed.  Vera Plugin works with the new firmware.  It saw my sprinklers and was able to start them from Vera.   My issue, the program on the PI keeps crashing.  But this is beta, so I will wait until they work it out. But great news, the vera plugin does work on the OSPI version.   One note, I had to disable security for my test.

Offline rstrouse

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2015, 11:35:08 pm »
Is there any advantage to buying the PI or BeagleBone version vs. the prebuilt one?  I just placed my order for the prebuilt one and a 16 station expander.
1xVera3 1.7.619, 4xLinear WT00Z, 3xLinear WS15Z, 1xLeviton VRCZ4, 10xCooper RF9540, 1xLeviton VRFI10, 1xLeviton VP00R, 2xLinear GD00Z-4, 1xGE/Jasco 45612, 1xGE/Jasco 45610,  4xGE/Jasco 45605, 2xYale YRD220-ZW-619, 1xCaddx NX584, Autelis Intellitouch Pool Control, OpenSprinkler

Offline brucehvn

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2015, 11:39:15 pm »
Is there any advantage to buying the PI or BeagleBone version vs. the prebuilt one?  I just placed my order for the prebuilt one and a 16 station expander.

I think the Pi and the BB version are for people who are into those boards, have experience programming them or maybe have extras laying around.  The standard arduino based version is fine for anyone who's not doing their own microcontroller stuff.

I do a lot of arduino programming, but I think their stuff is pretty good, so I don't really see a need to muck around with my own version of the firmware.

Bruce
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 11:42:16 pm by brucehvn »

Offline brucehvn

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2015, 11:40:21 pm »
I was able to get the beta version installed.  Vera Plugin works with the new firmware.  It saw my sprinklers and was able to start them from Vera.   My issue, the program on the PI keeps crashing.  But this is beta, so I will wait until they work it out. But great news, the vera plugin does work on the OSPI version.   One note, I had to disable security for my test.

That's great news.  Not the crashing, of course, but the fact that the plugin seems to work with no modifications :)

Offline rstrouse

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2015, 12:53:57 am »
So as a guy with a drawer full of pic programmers, I'm not missing anything?  I suppose if I want to fart around with a beagle or pi I probably don't want to mess with my irrigation anyway.  I got a lot to lose if that's not stable.
1xVera3 1.7.619, 4xLinear WT00Z, 3xLinear WS15Z, 1xLeviton VRCZ4, 10xCooper RF9540, 1xLeviton VRFI10, 1xLeviton VP00R, 2xLinear GD00Z-4, 1xGE/Jasco 45612, 1xGE/Jasco 45610,  4xGE/Jasco 45605, 2xYale YRD220-ZW-619, 1xCaddx NX584, Autelis Intellitouch Pool Control, OpenSprinkler

Offline kyle.dawson

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2015, 01:22:43 pm »
Just wanted to follow up, I have mine working with OSPI beta.  Looks like they did some updates last week or so, not mine works and does not crash.  I can control with this plugin via scenes. I use scenes so I can control via my phone and the AutHomation andoriod app.  Great work on this plugin, very simple to install and use.

Kyle

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2015, 03:15:41 pm »
So how do you use it Kyle? Do you have like 5 scenes correlating to each irrigation zone as an on/off with the predefined run time?

As you use it in authomation I mean.