We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: OpenSprinkler Plugin Update for firmware 2.1.3+  (Read 35343 times)

Offline tomgru

Re: OpenSprinkler Plugin Update for firmware 2.1.3+
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2016, 01:22:34 pm »
Same.... app works great.... and original installed it to use with the virtual rain sensor to adjust use during rainfall, which was awesome!

But they updated the OS app to do that as well, and after awhile, I realized I really wasn't using the plugin any longer.  Figured with all the memory and plugin problems we all seem to experience from time to time, just made sense to uninstall.

Offline aurora912

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2016, 02:44:22 am »
Still really after some help with my posts 1 page back. Can't work out how to the the current status to report to Vera.

I'm sure I haven't got the akb-json thing installed properly but don't know why.

Offline aurora912

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2016, 05:15:56 am »
^ Disregard the above. Finally worked out how to install akb-json

Used the following in a terminal command. For some reason this worked but when I moved the file via ssh it didn't.

scp /local/path/to/akb-json.lua root@your.vera.ip.address:/usr/lib/lua/

Offline johnes

« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2016, 03:03:27 pm »

Next you should backup the files that we are about to overwrite.  Go to Apps->Develop Apps->Luup Files and download the following three files:
I_OpenSprinkler1.xml
D_OpenSprinkler1.json
D_OpenSprinkler1_UI7.json

Are there plans to update the opensprinkler plugin in the app store with these changes?

Offline CourtK

« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2016, 08:35:41 pm »
^ Disregard the above. Finally worked out how to install akb-json

Used the following in a terminal command. For some reason this worked but when I moved the file via ssh it didn't.

scp /local/path/to/akb-json.lua root@your.vera.ip.address:/usr/lib/lua/

This worked for me too on my UI7 veraplus.  I can see the zone names and no errors are shown.  I had originally used the Apps / Develop Apps / Luup files to upload the akb-json file and then used the mv command to move it to /usr/lib/lua via ssh, but it did not work.  This method also added an lzo to the end of the file name.  Just using an scp command, like aurora912 suggested, from my mac terminal worked.

I don't have a need for scenes, but just another easy method to turn on and off the sprinklers.

CourtK

Offline dkaars

« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2016, 06:41:49 pm »
Hi brucehvn

I followed what you said and seem to still be having trouble.
Wondering if you might know.

I am using UI5 and recently purchased opensprinkler... think it has firmware 2.3.
When I install the app I get a device with 3 icons like mentioned and 2 other devices (zone 1 and zone2).
No buttons work.. you can't even click on them.

I have updated the files and the buttons have changed but still can't click on them.
I have tried with and without a password in the opensprinkler UI but same results.

Have you seen this in your testing?

Offline gabe.wieskamp

« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2016, 07:11:13 am »
Does anyone know how to modify the names it brings in every Luup restart?

It adds "Opensprinkler" + OSName + "(" + OS ID + ")" and the names are simply too long...

Offline johnes

« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2016, 02:18:54 pm »
I am using DataMine2 and EventWatcher, but when I run OpenSprinkler on 7 of my zones, it shows status changes for zone 1, 2, and sometimes 3, but never reports status changes for the other zones.  I am wondering if this is because one starts when the other stops?  Or some other issue?

I don't think it's an EventWatcher/DataMine2 issue...

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Offline seanh

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2016, 12:37:02 am »
Upgraded to Vera Firmware 7.15.  Now getting Can't detect device errors whenever I change an OpenSprinkler device (on/off on zone, enable/disable on controller).  Also, Opensprinkler is getting the commands and executing, but Vera isnt updating the status, so when I turn on a zone, I dont see the status change on the UI.  Anyone else having these issues?  Anyway to resolve?

Thanks,

Offline tbully

« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2016, 05:09:38 pm »
Does anyone know how to modify the names it brings in every Luup restart?

It adds "Opensprinkler" + OSName + "(" + OS ID + ")" and the names are simply too long...

Old thread.  Still trying to get logging to a minimum but saw your problem.  I solved it one page back:

Just upgraded my firmware and plugin. I had to change some PLEG logic due to the new enable/disable state, etc.  All is well except the zone names......  Is there any way to manually name the zones?  Vera/plugin automatically prepends OpenSprinkler followed by the zone name/number.  This is unreasonably long, especially in the mobile apps. 

Thanks.

As an update, in I_OpenSprinkler1.xml, I changed the "--Set the zone name"

luup.attr_set('name', 'OpenSprinkler ' .. singleZoneName .. "(S" .. s .. ")", lul_zone_device)

to:
luup.attr_set('name', "Zone-" .. s .. " " .. singleZoneName , lul_zone_device)

....to fit my needs.

Thanks.

Offline RichieB

« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2017, 02:30:19 am »
not sure if anyone still working on this - i have ospi version 2.1.7 - and UI7 i can control the valves but i get and error message 

"OpenSprinkler : Error enabling/disabling controller: Connection Issue"

The valves change and they update in the ui but i just have that blue bar across the top of the  vera with that error message 

Offline pls90

« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2017, 01:44:03 pm »
I followed the instructions from the first post to word but seem to be unable to enable the sprinkler devive
I get
Code: [Select]
OpenSprinkler : Error enabling/disabling controller: Bad Status Code: 404I wonder if the password has to be md5 hashed.
I tried entering the plain string and also the md5 hash.
Any ideas as to what I could try?

Offline RichieB

« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2018, 04:29:37 am »
any update?

Offline Jamr

« Reply #103 on: June 01, 2018, 05:20:02 am »
I take it that the lack of replies here says this add-on is dead?
If so, it does not make sense to have an add on in the store that does not work. Can we get the developer to update it or remove it?

The only thing I am able to do with this add on V1.4 and Open Sprinkler V2.17(1) is disable and enable Open Sprinkler via Vera. Turning the Zones on or off does not work.
I will try to get this to work.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 05:26:47 am by Jamr »

Offline therealdb

• Automate all the things!
« Reply #104 on: June 01, 2018, 08:32:02 am »
Me and a friend got it working again, with right icons, device categories and so on.
If the code license allows it, I'm more than happy to take ownership.
Vera Edge EU, Fibaro FGRM 222 (14), Fibaro FGS 223 (26), Fibaro FGS 222 (6), Fibaro UBS (2), Fibaro+N Plug (3), NeoCoolCam Door Sensor (3), PIR (2) & Plugs (2), Nest (3), Home Server running my own integrations, Harmony Hub, OpenSprinkler, Personal Weather Station, Sonoff TH & more