Author Topic: House modes timers  (Read 1005 times)

Offline jimgeorge

House modes timers
« on: January 11, 2015, 09:29:12 pm »
I like the house modes timers feature - when selecting a house mode other than "Home" the Vera waits 30 seconds before actually setting the mode. This is great when using the web UI, but not so much when changing modes through a scene controller. What I'd like to see is the option to not have any delay when changing modes through a scene. Without any visual feedback indicating that the house mode will change, it's rather disconcerting to keep pushing a scene change button and have nothing happen. Another reason is due to the way in which mode changes are handled. When a second mode change request comes in during the countdown period, it seems like the vera software does not cancel the previous countdown - they both run concurrently. This makes for an amusing status display on the dashboard, with multiple countdown numbers "fighting" for display on screen. This really only applies to scene changes that originate from a scene controller, instead of the web UI.

So MCV devs: would you be able to add this little feature to UI7? Thanks much.

Offline Rompabear

Re: House modes timers
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 08:27:06 am »
Hi Jimgeorge, has anything happened about this? I use Home Wave and PLEG to change House Modes, but as far as I can see, there is no way to cancel an impending house mode change during the countdown other the GUI? As you say, issuing a second mode change does not supersede the previous one, so I cannot remotely stop a mistaken house mode change to Away until all my alarms go off. There are HTTP calls for mode change, but they do not cancel the previous mode until the countdown has finished?

Offline andreysunomb

House modes timers
« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:24:10 pm »
i also have a house that is not a home....is there anything we can use as an attractant?   or is there a place or direction that is best for housing bats?