Author Topic: Roomba ThinkingCleaner Plugin  (Read 15138 times)

Offline fabstar81

Re: Roomba ThinkingCleaner Plugin
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2016, 04:48:21 am »
let us know...i have an acquaintance with one too.

Offline rafale77

« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2016, 01:37:13 am »
Hi folks,

Just gotten my thinking Cleaner and created the device. I can control the roomba but I'm having a nag that it cannot detect device while everything is working fine (less if roomba didn't dock properly I will have issue to start cleaning). Any idea how can I get rid of that error message?

I've not restarted my Vera Edge though. Using Roomba 770. TIA!

Just got mine and had the same problem. I reloaded the Luup engine a couple of times and it went away...
Openluup (18 devices, 58 scenes, 11 apps) and iobroker controlling VeraPlus with 116 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 7 apps, 244 vera devices, 79 scenes; VeraEdge (0 node, 26 devices, 6 App, 0 scene); Bridged to Homekit and Alexa.

Offline RyanAHolland

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2016, 12:30:42 pm »
Hi folks,

Just gotten my thinking Cleaner and created the device. I can control the roomba but I'm having a nag that it cannot detect device while everything is working fine (less if roomba didn't dock properly I will have issue to start cleaning). Any idea how can I get rid of that error message?

I've not restarted my Vera Edge though. Using Roomba 770. TIA!

Just got mine and had the same problem. I reloaded the Luup engine a couple of times and it went away...

Same here.

Offline rafale77

« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2016, 05:26:04 pm »
For those who are interested,
I edited the json file to make icons work on UI7.
On my Vera Plus uploading the through the UI will compress the file into an .lzo which will not work so the file needs to be uploaded through SCP into the /etc/cmh-ludl folder.
It is quick and dirty and I did not modify the entire app to work on both UI5 and UI7 so this is UI7 only.
Openluup (18 devices, 58 scenes, 11 apps) and iobroker controlling VeraPlus with 116 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 7 apps, 244 vera devices, 79 scenes; VeraEdge (0 node, 26 devices, 6 App, 0 scene); Bridged to Homekit and Alexa.

Offline Guimaraes

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2017, 05:31:28 am »
 :'( Dear, I can no longer connect with Roomba after the last update of UI7 Beta for Alexa ... I have already uninstalled and installed again, even though I do not recognize Roomba, what do I do? ???

Offline Cor

« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2017, 06:07:06 am »
Just got a roomba .......  Found this forum ...... found out you can not buy the thinking cleaner add on anymore.  :'(

Are there any other solutions to integrate roomba in the home automation?

Thanks,
Cor

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2017, 01:47:53 pm »
Just got a roomba .......  Found this forum ...... found out you can not buy the thinking cleaner add on anymore.  :'(

Thanks,
Cor

Wow I just found this out myself. I have had my Roomba and thinking cleaner for a few years. Sad to see them go.

Offline jeff3lo

« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2017, 03:34:36 pm »

It may be worthwhile to check this alternative out:  http://www.roowifi.com/

They actually came out before TC did, but I don't know how tightly integrated it is with Vera or HA in general.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2017, 08:49:59 pm »
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline rafale77

« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2017, 11:33:12 pm »
It does, I am running one of each (roowifi and thinking cleaner) Just had to touch up the plugin a bit and set it up as a reserved ip on my router instead of using a fixed ip on the roowifi itself.

Offline alpha1

« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2017, 09:56:08 am »
Arg
Still cant get this to work, with the updates JSON file it just has the device saying "Updating" with nothing changing

Anyone else have issues