We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: PLUGIN: Wink Connect (formerly Wink Hub Controller)  (Read 241529 times)

Offline dclloyd

• Sr. Newbie
Re: PLUGIN: Wink Connect (formerly Wink Hub Controller)
« Reply #765 on: July 24, 2017, 06:23:39 pm »
Basically the same thing here with my Wink and Ring doorbell. It used to work when I first set it up a few months ago. I noticed that my front door light wasn't being turned on any longer when the ring went off. I saw an error in Vera (sorry don't remember it exactly), so i removed the wink app and re-installed it. Now the device won't accept my username adn password for some reason. On the Setup screen for the Wink hub device, I enter my user name and password, click set and it tells me I haven't entered my username or password. Sigh

Happened to me too - just set your user name and password on the Variables tab, under the Advanced section.

Offline jorakal

« Reply #766 on: July 25, 2017, 09:55:05 pm »
It worked. Thanks

Offline mkmorris

« Reply #767 on: December 19, 2017, 06:32:36 pm »
So what exactly does "this plugin has been withdrawn from distribution" mean?

If our VeraPlus' units can't talk to wink reliably, this is no longer being updated?  I would love nothing other than to get rid of the hub, but it seems until Vera supports my devices, I don't really have a choice.

Offline Brianbjg

« Reply #768 on: December 20, 2017, 05:48:34 pm »
Same here..Wink app stopped working, I deleted the app and associated devices from U17 and now it's not available. 

Offline Nameless

« Reply #769 on: December 20, 2017, 11:17:01 pm »
So what exactly does "this plugin has been withdrawn from distribution" mean?

If our VeraPlus' units can't talk to wink reliably, this is no longer being updated?  I would love nothing other than to get rid of the hub, but it seems until Vera supports my devices, I don't really have a choice.

The plugin developer has chosen to withdraw all of their plugins from the market. This means if you have the plugin installed you can keep it, but it's totally unsupported. It's not rare for a developer to leave, but unusual to pull the plugins when they do. This prevents anyone else from taking over the project.

No idea what is the real reason the developer left, but I did read he had quadruple bypass surgery last year. Health could be a factor. It's tough to devote free time like he did. I just wish the plugins were left to allow others the opportunity to try to keep them alive.

Offline mkmorris

« Reply #770 on: December 21, 2017, 10:01:46 am »
Sorry, it was slightly tongue-in-cheek.

I work in IT, and have coded on several mid sized projects, so I know what it means when it is yanked and no longer supported, however, the fact it has been pulled from distribution without a trace (hopefully someone chimes in that they have downloaded it), that leaves me with iffy feelings.  There's either some serious butthurt going on, or it's so broken that some I will not swear is about to hit the fan, or both.

Pulling it off the distro aint cool.

Offline thierman

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #771 on: December 21, 2017, 05:03:32 pm »
Does someone at least have his last code version. I'm left with version .51 with some minor fixes I applied. Hoping he would incorporate them... Not sure if he did.

Offline mkmorris

« Reply #772 on: December 22, 2017, 07:59:32 am »
.56 is the most recent version.... if you have a copy of .51, care to share?

Offline Jim McGhee

« Reply #773 on: December 24, 2017, 02:24:40 am »
All of a sudden my Wink Connect is getting a 'Startup LUA Failed' on restart.  Is it just me?  Is it just a coincidence that it happened just after the plugin was withdrawn?  I have 0.50.
Guess I'm looking for the latest files now too.

Offline thierman

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #774 on: December 24, 2017, 03:32:46 pm »
Mine is still working...

Mind you, I have a self modified version of .51, and had to force PLUGIN_SETTINGS.DISABLE_AAU to be true in the code so it would work with my serena shades.

Offline iLLphiL

« Reply #775 on: January 06, 2018, 08:49:03 pm »
Hello everyone. Just for reference I am a "dabbler" in automation.. I have all my devices set through my wink hub and all my automation done on a Vera lite using ui5... I haven't logged into my Vera in almost 2 years. Everything has been working great. Today I got a new thermostat and I went into my Vera to do some automating. I was having issues so I deleted the wink plugin... went to reinstall it. And this is where I am... is there anyway to get the plugin installed again. The wink hub sucks for automating .. but by Vera lite sucks more with my alexa. Please help!!!!

Thanks in advance

Offline wezley69

« Reply #776 on: January 08, 2018, 04:00:55 pm »
I saw a link for a dev version in the thread.  You may be able to find another better one somewhere.